So... Let's Talk About DDOS

Dylan1602

It's about time something was done about this and the 'criminals' are dealt with justly. People always refer back to the statement that it was meant to be impossible to DDOS on the new servers which is well and good saying, but as anyone who plays Ark knows, nothing is impossible, especially DDOSing and it is all too common on Ark official servers. Any old Joe Blogs with a slingshot and a potato can shoot the server out the sky within a matter of minutes to benefit their tribe/alliance. 

If you take the time to watch some Youtube videos of mid-large scale fights you will almost always see the server be DDOS'd. It is not something only the elite hackers know how to do, there is a huge range of people which is seriously concerning and demotivating for anyone playing pvp as it will never be a fight without cheating. For me I feel it is taking over the game during fights, if a tribe has someone who knows how to DDOS, then once they start losing the battle you best know the server will be going down shortly with a 30 minute rollback scheduled as well. 

Even included in these videos there is video evidence against the tribe, proof on messages to tribes being proud of what they are doing. When is WC going to swoop in with the ban hammer and clear out the cheaters so legit players can enjoy the game for what it is?

I will admit this does have bias because this happened during a fight I was involved in and I am angry something like this can literally put an entire server raid on hold until the defenders have time to call in backup. Not only did the server we were raiding get DDOS'd, but my home server as well so I just could not play Ark at all and this is what caused a lot of my frustration. My love for Ark was restricted by some random person, not WC or Ark itself. That isn't right.

I just truly hope that something, anything is done to just cleanse the servers of people who cheat. It's not welcomed here, go do that dirty stuff somewhere else.

That's my rant over. Enjoy comments.

Archived