Is there a way to make a Dino go unconscious faster?

TheUnstoppableB

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

The thing is, I've done exactly that test - about 1.5 years ago - and it didn't stack at the time. When I first started playing ARK that's how my buddies and I tried taming, we'd just unload the arrows/darts into an animal as fast as possible and it didn't work, we always had to shoot "extra" darts. Then when we read that the "over time" torpor didn't stack it all made sense.

What I'm seeing in this thread is that there has been a change made at some point in the last 1.5 years that I never heard about. This  is one case where i'm perfectly happy to be wrong, I got tired of counting off 5 seconds between shots a long time ago, looking forward to not having to do that anymore.

p.s. @invincibleqc Thank you for the video, really appreciate the effort to document proof.

This is contradictory to my own experiences.  I have been playing the game since it first went early access, and I have always dumped my load of tranqs into a mob I was taming.  I used the tame calculators to determine how many tranqs I needed, and the only times I experienced a discrepancy are when I didn't have enough immediately (or missed some shots) and there was time in between shots where the torpor was able to decrease.

Archived