Metal in aberration

DinoDash

Metal is obviously very important for advancement in ark, and a steady supply of it is necessary throughout the game. Yet I can’t find any in the fertile lake area, then again all I have for scouting are raptors. Usually in such a situation I would tame a ptera and find metal that way, but that is not an option. Ground scouting is very hard on aberration because of the difficult terrain and deadly predators that lurk around every corner. So what is the best way of getting metal on aberration? Hopefully I don’t have to leave the fertile lake...

On 12/16/2017 at 7:22 PM, DinoDash said:

Metal is obviously very important for advancement in ark, and a steady supply of it is necessary throughout the game. Yet I can’t find any in the fertile lake area, then again all I have for scouting are raptors.  Ground scouting is very hard on aberration because of the difficult terrain and deadly predators that lurk around every corner. So what is the best way of getting metal on aberration? Hopefully I don’t have to leave the fertile lake...

You said all you needed to right there ^.  This map is not very ground scout friendly which is why I would highly recommend a Ravager.  It can use the natural zip lines along with whatever other zip lines you create and the weight reduction is amazing for these plus the fall damage when you miss your step on a cliff. 

Aside from that I know of a few of the mentioned rich metal nodes and quite a few others most don't seem to know about as well.  Find the your way down to a ramp entrance to the blue zone and you should be able to farm enough metal in a short period of time. 

12 minutes ago, Shadowless28 said:

You said all you needed to right there ^.  This map is not very ground scout friendly which is why I would highly recommend a Ravager.  It can use the natural zip lines along with whatever other zip lines you create and the weight reduction is amazing for these plus the fall damage when you miss your step on a cliff. 

Aside from that I know of a few of the mentioned rich metal nodes and quite a few others most don't seem to know about as well.  Find the your way down to a ramp entrance to the blue zone and you should be able to farm enough metal in a short period of time. 

This is exactly what I was going to post.  Ditch the raptors for dogs ( ravagers ).  They tame out with great weight plus like shadow said they have weight reduction for raw materials.  So once you do find a metal node to harvest you can actually carry it home.

1 minute ago, Slack said:

This is exactly what I was going to post.  Ditch the raptors for dogs ( ravagers ).  They tame out with great weight plus like shadow said they have weight reduction for raw materials.  So once you do find a metal node to harvest you can actually carry it home.

You're going to have to change your picture from a Thyla before to much longer Slack.  

Archived