Surviving on the surface question

Protaygo

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Jen said that tek forcefields protect you.

But being outside during the day breaks your armor, your tools, kills you and reapers eat your body.

Your mount also dies.

Theres also no food or water up there, no wood. Wouldnt recommend.

Nothing protects you.... even structure just gets destroyed, I tested it all man... Honistly I think a full tek suit should protect you from this.

1 minute ago, skuIlman said:

Uses an element every 6 minutes at 10x, nearly impossible to keep up in the long-term

That said, being able to mine element directly in your backyard is a plus and mitigates that a bit... youll still need the other ingredients, i wonder if the surface hypercharge nodes can craft more element or something?

14 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

That said, being able to mine element directly in your backyard is a plus and mitigates that a bit... youll still need the other ingredients, i wonder if the surface hypercharge nodes can craft more element or something?

the crafting cost is still the same. if your not running bosses, its something like 3k red gems to get the element together just to make a forcefield, then 10 red gems every 6 minutes to power it Element crafting is not cheap until you are set up and farming in the red zone.

Plus the 15 mins recharge on the node you used, and a 10 minute recharge on the node that filled your batteries. It all starts to add up time wise.

2 hours ago, Saupe said:

the crafting cost is still the same. if your not running bosses, its something like 3k red gems to get the element together just to make a forcefield, then 10 red gems every 6 minutes to power it Element crafting is not cheap until you are set up and farming in the red zone.

Plus the 15 mins recharge on the node you used, and a 10 minute recharge on the node that filled your batteries. It all starts to add up time wise.

True, but I would bet gigantic tribes could pull it off. With no benefit however as the whole point of living there is to get element...

57 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

True, but I would bet gigantic tribes could pull it off. With no benefit however as the whole point of living there is to get element...

Yeah, riding circles to hit up 7 or 8 charge nodes gets boring quick as hell. But hey, I'm halfway to my replicator so I guess it's worth it, all I want is a transmitter lol.

Archived