Community Crunch 112 and Dino TLC Preview!

Jatheish

I know the reworks add detail and what-not, but after playing the game since EA, I think I'll actually miss the old models. Any chance of them surviving somehow? Maybe as a mod or "low detail" option? I already miss the original sounds (dilos were so cute back then!) and would hate to lose the models also, though only for nostalgic reasons. The new ones do look great.

Please make the spino bipedal, + longer neck & tail by +25%, + slash attack, and a fast swimming ability.

Make the pteranodon actually look like a pteranodon.

Make the Utahraptor look like a Utahraptor (body, arm, head shape), + bigger, longer feathers on arms head and tail, + pindown and latch-on attacks.

reanimate, remodel, "re-abitilize"  the sarcosuchus, mammoth, triceratops, parasaurOLOPHUS, ankylosaurus, argentavis, "brontosaurus", turtle, dilophosaurus, beelzabufo, Dimeterdon, dodicerus, ichthyosaurus, stegosaurus, dimorphodon, lymantria, oviraptor, phiomia, plesiosaurus, titanoboa, terror bird, dire bear, and mesopithecus (so much portential in a monkey)

Edited by SpecTimsauru5

On 12/16/2017 at 5:31 PM, invincibleqc said:

Ahhh, makes sense; I was confused for a minute. Not used to call them with their... real historical name. xD

There are far too many "Giga" and "Mega" names lol. 

"Mega" has like 5 different creature with the prefix lmao.

Megalodon (Shark)

Megaloceros (Deer)

Megalania (Wall climbing Lizard)

Megalosaurus (Nocturnal Dino) 

Megatherium (Ground Sloth)

Megapithecius (Ape boss)

WHY WC? you cause me so much confusion. (JK I still love this game)

Seriously? Out of the stuff that needs optimized and reworked in Ark this is what your spending time on? How about path finding? Dino ai? Collision? Or maybe for the love of God the damn dev kit already? I would genuinely pay $20 just to sit down with all you at Wild Card and play a game of What the raptor. Sorry for being salty but its seems yall dedicated to making a great game but making it as painful and irritating to play as possible. You could fix so much wonky poop with just a fraction of the time you spend pumping new content and reworking things like this. Fix your game please.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:31 AM, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

There are far too many "Giga" and "Mega" names lol. 

"Mega" has like 5 different creature with the prefix lmao.

Megalodon (Shark)

Megaloceros (Deer)

Megalania (Wall climbing Lizard)

Megalosaurus (Nocturnal Dino) 

Megatherium (Ground Sloth)

Megapithecius (Ape boss)

WHY WC? you cause me so much confusion. (JK I still love this game)

This post concerns me.  I am no longer sure that 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts is your real name.

Are you sure you aren't really 12,000 Jelly Doughnuts?  :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome! I can't wait to see a T-rex with a properly-shaped face in-game.

A few dinos I feel need model updates would be the Raptor, Gallimimus, Oviraptor and the Compys. Ever since you guys added proper feather and fur graphics to the game, these guys looked extremely out of place when compared to all of the fully feathered coelurosaurs that came since. If you were to put the troodon next to the raptor, you would immediately notice that there is hardly enough plumage on the latter, especially when you consider the fact that dromaeosaurs and troodontids are very close together in the dino family tree. This is especially bad in Oviraptor's case, who is completely butt-naked. I say that for the sake of consistency in coelurosaur designs, the Raptor, Gallimimus, Oviraptor and the Compys should be given proper feathered coats like the other guys. For a good reference, I suggest taking a look at garuga123's deinonychus mod.

Edited by BatteryMaster

On 12/21/2017 at 6:32 PM, NOMMAD86 said:

Let's hope they actually update the spino and not only that but actually remodel it accurately to scientific records. The spino was larger the giga and t-rex and was a bipedal and a quadruped.

they most likely will not make it bigger than the Giga.a spino may be bigger but a rex would most likely win a fight

Edited by THESUPERREX

• 1 month later...

Well i should not have looked at pictures before and after of my Rex's, Bears, Wolves. Can i ask when you decided to hire 2 year olds to your design team and then allow them to paint by numbers our dino's. I had some lovely looking Rexs and would enjoy riding past them and adding the colours to the stats. But now well i think i feel downtrodden again. Other games i play do not give me the sour taste in my mouth this one does. I understand they needed cleaning up. But really. The wolves really look like a sml child coloured them. Unlike the wild rexs that have kind of improved the wild wolves look just as silly. No shading at all.

• 5 years later...