Community Crunch 112 and Dino TLC Preview!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Sycon said:

He meant the Giganotopithicus (the ape), not Giganotosaurus (the demon spawn dinosaur) :P I can see how someone can get them confused though.

Ahhh, makes sense; I was confused for a minute. Not used to call them with their... real historical name. xD

I can assume that the Raptor model will changed to the one we've seen on the forums and the game thumbnail? If so, that'd be awesome. I look forward to seeing the patch applied. Are you still making the Gigapithicus bipedal, or are you planning on making it more gorilla like as it is assumed to have been? Or somewhere in between.

1 hour ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

I can assume that the Raptor model will changed to the one we've seen on the forums and the game thumbnail? If so, that'd be awesome. I look forward to seeing the patch applied. Are you still making the Gigapithicus bipedal, or are you planning on making it more gorilla like as it is assumed to have been? Or somewhere in between.

Can you give me a link to said raptor? i haven't seen it

Really appreciate the work you guys! even with all the bugs and set-backs this game does make for a great gaming experience. I like the TLC designs! I like where you're going with the Rex and I know these aren't final but I'd mess his teeth design a little more and I pray you don't make him smaller! slimmer and more versatile yes but please don't shrink him to do so! Also Aberration really could use 1 or 2 more climbing mounts... some original ones would always be better... even just quick Ravager-sized ones. I like the Rock Drake but I really feel like it will get played out if it's the only end-game build, plus it being over-populated at the bottom really just takes it's uniqueness away. Love the game though these are more just ideas than complaints! Hoping Sarcos are on the TLC list!

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I won't lie, that one made me laugh. :D

My favorite is the Wolf. It looks way more ferocious, you can see it in its eyes. I do agree with @Kirayli on the ears tho, I also preferred the old ones. The new ones seems off to me and doesn't seems to fit. xD

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot0171.jpg

Agree completely man. And that pic killed me lol

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 10:51 AM, SneakyMcGee said:

Great! ANOTHER Play Anywhere delay! Please don't bring your already disappointing delays forward, only to buggar it up and disappoint us once more by delaying it again. C'mon guys, surely you aren't this incompetent!

I'd like to see you do better.

These devs are doing a fab job considering the size of the team compared to the likes of Dice or Gaijin etc.

However, they should do what gaijin do when announce a new feature, just mention it, no ETA or dates and just coming soon. That way no-one can moan xD and when ppl ask, just reply sooon.

I'd like to see you do better.

These devs are doing a fab job considering the size of the team compared to the likes of Dice or Gaijin etc.

However, they should do what gaijin do when announce a new feature, just mention it, no ETA or dates and just coming soon. That way no-one can moan [emoji23] and when ppl ask, just reply sooon.

I completely agree with you. I'm an avid Wildcard supporter. I was just a little ticked off in the moment as I've been waiting for crossplay over 2 years at this point.

Love the rex and the wolf and ape but could you guys maybe just maybe do a little tlc on the pachycephalosaurus cuz its a amazing dino but its just to small and not very usefull the stats are really bad 2 and the bumbing skull isnt that vissable and same for the carno its to fat and has short legs and maybe could use same spikes on his body ( these are just suggestions ) i hope you guys from wildcard do something with this suggested dinos that need tlc ( still love the game tough )

Love the rex and the wolf and ape but could you guys maybe just maybe do a little tlc on the pachycephalosaurus cuz its a amazing dino but its just to small and not very usefull the stats are really bad 2 and the bumbing skull isnt that vissable and same for the carno its to fat and has short legs and maybe could use same spikes on his body ( these are just suggestions ) i hope you guys from wildcard do something with this suggested dinos that need tlc ( still love the game tough )

Here are some examples...82e98e2bc97cff74f3105f05a719bd7a.jpg4a5afd90d19e7340f45f2fe4e30cf0c1.jpg

Hey guys. Thanks for a great game. Quick question do you think spiders in any form may get the ability to climb or use a grappling hook/zipline(esk) mechanic with this TLC pass? If not then maybe an aberrant version. Otherwise Spider-Man in the arkverse wouldn't be able to do much more than a regular guy... anyway I'm in love with the game. Thank you guys.

• Thanks 1

5th post on "can we get some reassurance that dino abilities will get upgrades as part of the TLC?". The artwork looks sweet and I appreciate it, BUT I'm interested in the massive potential for dino gameplay upgrades. This wasn't mentioned at all in the announcement (that I saw, so many pictures!), hence this post in support of gameplay upgrades.

Why is this important to me? Since the days these dinos were created, you've been developing new dino abilities along with the development of new dinos. Many of those abilities are just as appropriate for legacy dinos to have, and since legacy dinos are highly prominent on every map, backfilling their abilities would instantly add a ton of variety and depth to the gameplay on all maps.  

For example, I would love to see all big predator dinos able to use the megalosaurus's pick up and shake attack, esp. megalodons. We KNOW sharks do exactly that with their prey. I'd love to see other aspects such as updates to the prey lists too, and the tapa's flee mechanic applied to all prey re their predators (including humans) so the gameplay looks as realistic as the dinosaurs do.

To me, this TLC pass is also a chance to fulfill the original expectations made from the promise of a dinosaur survival game. Every game (every product and service really) reaches plateaus and then must be propelled upwards to the next higher level. As an Early Access title, Ark was allowed low plateaus that were easily reached in order for your company to generate revenue to support development. Fair enough.

But now the game has launched. To summarize a Bruce Lee quote "We reach plateaus, but we must not stay there." So please, use the TLC pass as the opportunity to take dino gameplay from the low plateau it's been at for years up to the level which fulfills the promise of this game. 

Edit: I had posted a suggestions collection thread for the TLC pass which lists a lot of things I and others would like to see implemented. Hope it helps communicate the possibilities. 

Edited by Milsurp