Community Crunch 112 and Dino TLC Preview!

Jatheish

Beautiful work with the TLC teasers! The updates look stunning and have blown any expectations I had out of the water! To be honest, when allos entered the game I fell in love with them because of the art style, I was really hoping the rest would follow suit with the TLC pass and I'm super stoked to see that its happening! The rex looks stunning, the all do tbh but to see that big goofy nose is going away is just awesome haha. A small critique, if that's okay, the wolves' ears do look a tad bit too big, but other than that everything looks amazing. Even the Gigantopithecus! I'm not much for primates, but that model makes them bearable! I'm extremely excited to see the Spino! Also a small part of me is hoping kapros get a more wicked look too hehe. Possibly just wishful thinking/being over eager on my part but one can dream! :P 

Thank you for sharing the TLC teasers, what an awesome thing to wake up to!

5 minutes ago, Sycon said:

Good job on the remodels! They look so much better than before, especially the Giganotopithecus. My one criticism that has always bothered me about most of the dino models is the way that the hands are pronated downwards when they should be facing inwards instead.

unfortunatly they still have them backwards,

but the head and teeth, and the rest of the body look so much better!! :)

Oh my god you guys, these remodels are amazing. You're really making the rex look like the warlord's beast its meant to be. Smaller, more muscular head, terrifying, more realistic teeth, darker shading, damn, you nailed it!

And,the ape finally looks cool now, instead of looking like me any time someone tells me to smile for a picture.

Also, don't be discouraged by peo ppl e criticising the new looks, ESPECIALLY if they're whining about realism. These are YOUR dinos WC, and I'm just glad to see that you realize that

• Haha 2

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

And,the ape finally looks cool now, instead of looking like me any time someone tells me to smile for a picture.

I won't lie, that one made me laugh. :D

My favorite is the Wolf. It looks way more ferocious, you can see it in its eyes. I do agree with @Kirayli on the ears tho, I also preferred the old ones. The new ones seems off to me and doesn't seems to fit. xD

Spoiler

ScreenShot0171.jpg

While I think these look better than their previous versions (except the direwolf am I the only one who doesn't like it at all?) a nitpick I have is how simular design wise they are to the old models, I mean come on this is where you should be showing off your improvements that you can make new creatures with new body plans, ditch this stuff with keeping the old rigs and form factor and tread new waters, create something brand new without any of the previous traits which caused the first models to be replaced to begin with, have new aesthetics and builds that we've not seen before not just "look there's the new ape which just has a different face than the old one" ok maybe there's not much design wise you can change with the ape(except add spikes but please don't do that!) but things like the direwolf could look like actual wolves not snarling monsters give them that regal face that makes them iconic and use the skills you have in making lifelike fur that you've shown previously. Maybe the Rex can be almost a new creature not something that looks like a reskin of the old one, not some big stomping over the top movie monster.

• Thanks 1

I was hoping the dino tcl pass would include not only remodelling but also new mechanics, re-balancing, new animtaions/attacks, etc. Can we still expect some of those? Thanks anyway for keeping improving the base game. I don't mind a delay in the upcoming DLC if that means more love for the base game and original creatures ;)

Edited by alcarazr
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ArkCreation said:

The dire wolf looks Good.  It’s definitely a different choice, rather a different artist? The  T Rex looks less like a Tyrannosaurus and more like the reaper in aberration.  I do not like the new T. Rex. The other design was fine the way it was. As far as the T Rex roar I would like the original one back before it was changed during the flyer nerf. It sounded much more menacing and powerful. Right now he sounds like a pussy cat. Is there a possibility of going back to the original roar?

In my opinion, the old rex's head is way too big for its body. In fact, the whole body's proportions are weird. Also the teeth on the old model are screwed up and tiny. I know ARK is not aiming for realism, but it is not supposed to be overly cartoonish either.