Community Crunch 112 and Dino TLC Preview!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

The Community Crunch is where we share important things going on with ARK, as well as host contests and showcase creations made by the community!

ARK: Aberration!

AVAILABLE NOW!

Steam on PC/Mac/Linux/SteamOS:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/708770/ARK_Aberration__Expansion_Pack/

Microsoft on Xbox One, & Xbox One X, and soon Play Anywhere:
https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/ark-aberration/brj422pfv2pz

Sony's PlayStation Network:
https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=EP0688-CUSA06782_00-ARKABERRATION000

Aberration Roundup!

large.Aber4.png

First of all, a huge wholehearted thank you from everyone here at Studio Wildcard to the ARK Community! Since Aberration released we have received a number of kind messages of support for the game and our team. We appreciate each and every one of you; your feedback, creations, videos, live streams, drawings, screenshots, they mean everything to us and we will be forever grateful to the love you show our game.

Aberration has been available for a few days now and it has been an absolute blast. Seeing the game do so well on each platform, with so much fan support behind it is incredible. We're looking forward to the weeks ahead and can't wait to experience more of your Aberration stories!

In honour of Aberration's release, it's time to offer a bounty!

BOUNTY: ALPHA ABERRATION ENDBOSS

large.5a34c37f6597d_ARKBossBounty.jpg

We're awarding $2000 to the first person who provides video proof of them defeating the Alpha Aberration Endboss on an Official Aberration server! Remember to include proof that this has taken place on an Official Server, you can do so by showing us the main menu which will indicate the server you're on!

You can send your entries to survivetheark@studiowildcard.com or Tweet us your video here

Dino TLC Preview

large.TLCRex.jpg

Now that Aberration has been released the question on your mind might be: what's in-store next for ARK?

Today we're excited to share with you the first few images of our Dino TLC update that is currently being worked on. These images are still work-in-progress and are therefore subject to change before final release, but here are the updated Rex, Ape, and Dire Wolf models.

large.TLCApe.jpg

Studio Wildcard started out as a small studio and as we've progressed through ARKs development, we've grown tremendously! We've been able to bring on very talented animators and character artists to work on the project. 

You've seen some of their work in our more recent creatures and expansion packs, and now they'll be taking their abilities and showing some love to some of the original creatures we launched with. We're excited to see where these creatures go with the new advanced techniques and can't wait to show you how they turn out!

large.WolfTLC.jpg

These three are not the only models that are planned to be upgraded. We have more coming as well but that'll have to remain a Mysterious Mystery for now! 

Consoles Patches & Play Anywhere Update

large.Otter_1.png.d3823bbd869062cf6a08f5

We've figured out the networking-retail specific issue we ran into with Microsoft! The Windows 10 release accordingly with Play Anywhere and Crossplay will be available on 19th of December! We've cleared the date with Microsoft! 

We also have a console update in cert at the moment, it'll fix some bugs which were reported as well as adjust some numbers based on the balance feedback we've received for! You can check out the patch notes here: PS4 Patch Notes / Xbox Patch Notes.

Ragnarok!

large.ARK_RagnarokTitle.png

Ragnarok Fans! We've got some exciting news regarding the map and its development! In the coming week, Ragnarok will be approximately 100% complete internally, and we'll be releasing a PC update to add in the latest part of the map. We are expecting to deploy this update on Wednesday the 20th of December. The previous Ragnarok update will be making its way to console around the new year, We don't have a precise date as we're not sure on console Cert availability, but once we do we'll let you know.

ARK: Super Fan Edition!

Collectors_edition_no_game_bg2_1024x1024

The Collector's Edition of ARK: Survival Evolved is now available for purchase without the game or seasons pass included, for those who already own the game. Thanks for your patience on this, and we're excited to finally get those items out to you guys:

- HANDCRAFTED, LEATHER-BOUND EXPLORER'S NOTEBOOK: featuring the Dossiers of every creature you'll encounter in "ARK: Survival Evolved", with tips on capturing, taming and training them. With 100+ creatures in the game currently, there's plenty to read up on in this fantastic tome.
- THE OFFICIAL ARK LOGO NECKLACE: to show your dedication to being a Survivor.
- A CLOTH MAP OF THE ARK ISLAND: so you'll always know where you are!
- COLLECTOR'S EDITION CHEST: All of this Ark-themed booty comes packed in a faux-wooden chest that will impress your friends and fellow players!
- A POSTER FEATURING THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM BEHIND ARK
- ARK OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK CD

You can purchase it world-wide today on our website: playark.com

Xbox Game Sale!

large.5a2b22e71565b_Vakarian-ColdRaptortoGo-SuperResolution.jpg

ARK: Survival Evolved and its counterparts are currently on sale in the Xbox Store! You can pick up the game for its discounted price at the links below: 

Xbox base game for 40% off
Xbox Scorched Earth for 40% off
Xbox Season Pass for 30% off
Xbox Explorer’s Edition for 35% off

ARK: 2x Evolution Event Weekend!

large.EvoEvent.png

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It's already live now and will remain active until Monday the 18th at 6 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate

Fan Feature!

THIS IS ABERRATION | ARK: Survival Evolved | Epic Cinematic by MAVE

ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED - ABERRATION - WTF IS THIS SPAWN POINT?! by SSundee

ARK - NOS RAIDEA UN CANGREJO GIGANTE... XDDD #2 - ABERRATION by Nexxuz

THE LARGEST ARK UPDATE EVER - ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED ABERRATION EXPANSION #1 by JeromeASF

ARK - HOW TO TAME A ROCK DRAKE In Aberration by Nooblets

THIS IS ABERRATION ( New ARK DLC ) - ARK Duo Survival Series - Aberration #1 by faceless GAMING

EVERY NEW CREATURE IN ABERRATION! ROCK DRAKE, REAPER QUEEN & KARKINOS! by Syntac

?ARK EASY KARKINOS TAMING + ALL ABILITIES!! Ark Aberration How To Tame Giant Crab by Fresonis

ARK: Survival Evolved - NEW DINOSAUR WORLD!! (ARK Aberration, Episode 1) by Typical Gamer

RockDrake Drawing by * Fluffy * ( Fr )'s Artwork
4B5413AC460BBEEFED96D60D9EC1212BB61D9E07http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1232280348

DoDo. by * Fluffy * ( Fr )'s Artwork
7E0CE1F218BED303ED72FAE4930FBE0547866028
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1232486960

Magic Egg by * Fluffy * ( Fr )'s Artwork
B065FDE9B2929EF2DEACB79153777637F9A98F25
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1232437073

Bulbdog Derp by Ivymaire
84F1E048067A18370319359696AD9C875EB50587
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1232186779

Aberrant Diplodocus by ⚡Shockal be sleep⚡
F0194AA2EB1D4D5BAE127D30FE5A990A62739149
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1231835989

Chibi Marble by PirateReaper
large.2802208_tJZxMnZdJudJ7Xv.png.d88493

Sanic by fufightr
3674D63E3D8BEC380E8BDA1FD762EF9F144D6F43
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1231874860

Deinonycanis by milokamilo'
C5E5BE0C1CDE59CAA324B253D10FE719A3A74EDA
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1230306409

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

• Like 1

The dire wolf looks Good.  It’s definitely a different choice, rather a different artist? The  T Rex looks less like a Tyrannosaurus and more like the reaper in aberration.  I do not like the new T. Rex. The other design was fine the way it was. As far as the T Rex roar I would like the original one back before it was changed during the flyer nerf. It sounded much more menacing and powerful. Right now he sounds like a pussy cat. Is there a possibility of going back to the original roar?

Edited by ArkCreation

2 hours ago, ArkCreation said:

The dire wolf looks Good.  It’s definitely a different choice, rather a different artist? The  T Rex looks less like a Tyrannosaurus and more like the reaper in aberration.  I do not like the new T. Rex. The other design was fine the way it was. As far as the T Rex roar I would like the original one back before it was changed during the flyer nerf. It sounded much more menacing and powerful. Right now he sounds like a pussy cat. Is there a possibility of going back to the original roar?

I Disagree. The new Rex model is good - more accurately matches an adult Tyrannosaur skeleton. The current head looks outright wrong - bulbous nose and pathetic, thin 'needle' like teeth. The head on the new model looks far superior to me - larger, thicker teeth, improved details/texture, and the overall shape appears more accurate. The neck also looks shorter, stronger and correctly proportioned on the new model. In addition to that, the new model simply looks more badass.

The Wankel T. Rex - 9 tons.jpg

t_rex_skull_by_reebkram-d6ntwao.jpg

9 minutes ago, Merlin1985 said:

I Disagree. The new Rex model is good - more accurately matches an adult Tyrannosaur skeleton. The current head looks outright wrong - bulbous nose and pathetic, thin 'needle' like teeth. The head on the new model looks far superior to me - larger, thicker teeth, improved details/texture, and the overall shape appears more accurate. The neck also looks shorter, stronger and correctly proportioned on the new model. In addition to that, the new model simply looks more badass.

The Wankel T. Rex - 9 tons.jpg

t_rex_skull_by_reebkram-d6ntwao.jpg

Yeah I agree it looks good they did a good job on my model for the Tyrannosaurus. But it no longer looks like a tyrannosaurus I rather have the old version. It’s a Ferrari trying too hard to be a classic Ford Mustang. Sure she is pretty on the outside but it no longer looks like it has muscle underneath all that.

New animals look awesome, are they all getting an visual overhaul or is it a certain selection? Do we know the list?

Any idea when we can expect the next Aberration patch? I have second Xbox to host a server for me and my friends and we haven't even been able to play yet cos of the server save bug. Reeaally sucks not being part of that first week of discovery with everyone else and just coming in late after most stuff has been found :(

Edited by thisispreston

Hey Wildcard,

Really nice rework ! I really like the ape and wolf.

But please, can you or your designer remodel the T-rex arms ? A T-rex was never able to get this arm postion like a mantis. As a palaontolgist I also really disapointd about the pteranodon. Please Wildcard, remove the teeth - it calls Pteranodon ;)

But at all really good work :-)

• Like 1

The rework is nicely done.

There is just one thing bothering me: the ears of the direwolf should be smaller like in the first model. There is this rule in nature, that animals in cold regions have smaller ears and tails and legs and so on and in hotter regions the extremities are longer. Therefor it would be more realistic to leave the ears short on the new model because the Direwolf is a snow-biom animal. : ) Buuuut everything else is nice. Different but more vital and nice : )

And props to the Ragnarok-Team! : ) Amazing that you finished the map so fast!