Abberation mounts

Thaine

Just got on to aberration and my little raptor isn't going to cut it i wanna know in your opinion the best mount to tame in aberration to walk "freely" about the map with the least chance of death especially to collect rock drake eggs. Im used to just mowing everything in my path down with my 285 direbear which i can obviously no longer do

Spino.

Finally we got a map with tons of Spinos. It's easy to find a high level and it's easy to trap it with some gates and tame it with raw mutton, which is also easy to get on Aberration.

Spino is the strongest creature you can get easily in early game and is strong enough to explore the map. Just be aware that you need mushroom brew to enter the radiation zone and dont try to fight reaper queens with the spino. ^^

Rock Drakes themselves aren't too tough, unlike Wyverns.  No rider damage, and a weaker bite.  And no breath.  Spinos are more than sufficient for chewing them up with a high enough level one, and a hopefully good saddle.

If you're erring on the side of caution, breed a spino, and really go all in on it.

Just now, Umber0010 said:

I would say you want a small pack of ravagers. they hit hard, Can use Ziplines. have a pack bonus, a good sized jump, and have a 50% weight reduction on raw materials. and I only say a small pack because ARK AI

I'd definitely agree here.  And don't get cheeky and try bringing other creatures.  Just leading a 150 scorpion I tamed home was a headache with my ravager.  No ziplines for him, so I had to jump down into a lake to get it home.

Just starting out? Tame a Roll Rat. You'll need one for Wood later on, and they have stupid stats for their body size (18% more health, and only slightly less damage then a Spino). Note that before you set off to tame one, locate the nearby bee nests for it first - You'll want 2-3 nests to ensure steady supply of Honey. Also note that every time it burrows, you have to feed it - Failing to feed it results in a large effectiveness drop, and a slight progress drop. I don't think they have a minimum lvl to passively tame either.

Once you have a Catapult, you can knock out crabs - They tame on Turtle kibble I believe, but also on Spoiled Meat, and they aren't hard to tame. Note that the Crabs not only serve as a decent battle mount, but also to transport your gatherer's later on.

Ravagers take the role of Sabertooth/Wolves on other maps. They also have additional utility in that they serve to reduce the weight of raw materials, so until you have a Crab to tote your Anky around, you can take a Ravager out for metal runs. Good all-around mount.

Finally, you have the classic Iguanadon for just getting around and avoiding combat. The Iguanadon's high vertical jump makes it decent for Aberration as well.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, Hugdapegos said:

For exploring a high level ravager is really nice because they can ride ziplines and have a good jump

I second this, using the natural zip lines is the so much easier and in some cases, the only way to get to some places.

Just grab three ravagers and explore. Unlimited stamina and the pack will jump on the zip lines while following. Plus Ravagers have a reduced weight reduction on items in the inventor. 1000 carry weight, def worth.

Get a Ravager. They're not amazingly powerful on their own, but they can do ya good service. More importantly, they're fast, have good Stamina, jump pretty high, and can climb ziplines, which means they're up there as one of the most mobile small mounts in Aberration. I'm quickly learning that flight is often a better option than fight in Aberration

Archived