TacticalDash395

Ragnarok: Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update

5 hours ago, Gogohorse said:

WC needs to fix their old things before they make new things, usally I only see them respond to things that make the game unplayable (I. e. Crashing) and nothing else, But not this time. Can someone do anything to try to get the devs to see this?

I received a response from support that basically said "The development team has been made aware of the issue, however since I'm on the support team I can't assist any further." And they closed my ticket... 

They know, they're just taking their sweet time fixing it. Have also contacted both Xbox and Nitrado support. Both responded within the same day, and both worked with me for a handful of solutions before determining it's an Ark issue and the fix has to come from their end. 

On 1/15/2018 at 8:19 PM, RamRod330 said:

Didn't work for me, but I don't play on official servers.

Here's my problem.  How can a developer let customers/gamers sit at home for WEEKS without being able to even LOAD the freaking game?!?!?!  This is crap!  I literally CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME AT ALL!  And I not only played single player but hosted a non-dedicated server and my tribe cannot play now either!  This is ridiculous!!! 

I 100% agree and am having the same issue with my singleplayer STILL. They have not responded to my tickets, they have no responded to my thread in bugs for Aberration, and they refuse to reply to my many tweets on Twitter. This is just pathetic in all honesty. Your players just want a simple reply saying your looking into an issue or that you know its happening and your activly working on a fix. But nothing.

This poop is getting worse every day, at first I was only crashing about once a day or every 2 days (already pretty bad for a full price game imo) but tonight I stopped counting after 12 crashes within about 5 hours of playtime. I can't even enjoy the game correctly because I'm too scared to move away from my main base in case I crash in the middle of nowhere and end up losing a bunch of raw materials or a dino. Thankfully my friends don't have that problem but it's probably because they are playing on the PC version. I'll try the MAC address clearing tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

I tried the above fixes (the ground clutter, blooms and light shaft removal) while hosting a non-dedicated session on Ragnarok with my son, who plays on an XB1 in the same house (both vanilla XB1's. not S or X) with no luck. Some observations:

Prior to a crash, I've noticed that the textures get progressively more low res, I often start walking under the ground mesh when trying to go up steep hills and the UI  background when entering admin commands will often vanish (hard to explain - I'll try and get a screen shot). Fortunately, regular use of "SaveWorld" has allowed us to play without losing much progress after a crash. However, this is an extremely problematic issue and needs immediate attention.

Also, I would suggest that client side graphical detail options (like ground clutter, blooms and light shafts) be added to the Options menu rather than requiring admin commands to enable. None of the above provides any unfair advantage to players, and the inability to enter admin commands when playing on a server means we need to jump through needless hoops when trying to make our game more stable and responsive.

I have an xbox one X.  

I never crash while in game, but when I am done playing, I must exit the game and reboot the console or the next time I launch it, it crash with a unknow error. My end of play routine:

1. exit Ark

2. Push the Xbox button on the top center of the control to return to the xbox menu.

3. On the Ark icon, push the menu button on the control (the little button with 3 lines) to bring out the context menu, exit Ark.

4. Push the Xbox button , select the little wheel at the top right and reboot the console.

Sometimes, in multiplayer, I get a connection error or the message "Cannot retrieved address" . Most of those times, the problem was on the server side and nothing could be done on the xbox to solved it. But when I encouter this problem, I add a 5th step just to make sure:

5. Unplug the console, wait 10 seconds.  Replug.

6. On my Nitrado rented server:  Stop the server. Wait 5 min. Restart the server.  Wait 5 mins.

7. If all of the above didn't work when connecting to my server, I open a ticket with Nitrado.  So far it was solved by them within 3 hours with a message saying the problem was on there side.

Edited by Herbapou

5 hours ago, Herbapou said:

I have an xbox one X.  

I never crash while in game, but when I am done playing, I must exit the game and reboot the console or the next time I launch it, it crash with a unknow error. My end of play routine:

1. exit Ark

2. Push the Xbox button on the top center of the control to return to the xbox menu.

3. On the Ark icon, push the menu button on the control (the little button with 3 lines) to bring out the context menu, exit Ark.

4. Push the Xbox button , select the little wheel at the top right and reboot the console.

Sometimes, in multiplayer, I get a connection error or the message "Cannot retrieved address" . Most of those times, the problem was on the server side and nothing could be done on the xbox to solved it. But when I encouter this problem, I add a 5th step just to make sure:

5. Unplug the console, wait 10 seconds.  Replug.

6. On my Nitrado rented server:  Stop the server. Wait 5 min. Restart the server.  Wait 5 mins.

7. If all of the above didn't work when connecting to my server, I open a ticket with Nitrado.  So far it was solved by them within 3 hours with a message saying the problem was on there side.

Unpluging the Power bar creat a power Spike that can burn your power bar or the xbox itself. Hard reboot and unpluging the power bar should never be part of the solution to make a game work.

Yeah I just lost two high level tames and my gear, all because the game crashed while I was down in a cave on Ragnarok,. Doesn't seem to have any sort of trigger for the game to crash either. I can be stopped in my base having been doing some crafting and be walking over to a chest. when Boom! Back to the xbox home. Im pretty mad about this now, just lost about 8-10 hours of work 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, FrzLunarWolf said:

Found a fix for My issue, had to factory reset the console. After Ark became unplayable, one by one all my games stopped working, each throwing out crazy error codes or just dashbording completely. Just factory reset and kept all games n app and now even my ark issues have been resolved.

How do you factory reset?

• Thanks 1

So sick of the game crashing. Seriously. 90 percent of the time players lose dinos to disconnecting at bad times. Why? And what really disturbs me is that they are still focusing their main time and hours to the new dlc coming out and probably getting ready to release a new player mod map. So freakin old.....

So sick of the game crashing. Seriously. 90 percent of the time players lose dinos to disconnecting at bad times. Why? And what really disturbs me is that they are still focusing their main time and hours to the new dlc coming out and probably getting ready to release a new player mod map. So freakin old.....
Have you tried the Metal Gear Survive beta yet? (I'm on Xbox but I assume it's in beta on everything)
  • Facepalm 1

I agree with you, it wasn't too bad till a month or so ago, not for me anyway, when the xmas even started I started crashing a lot more, especially if I am on my wyvern or griffin :( it makes me afraid to do anything because if I go far from my base I could DC, die and not be able to retrieve my mount.

6 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

I 100% agree. Its becoming bs and not saying anything is making tensions worse..

It's not even anything particular causing the crashes which is the annoying part. It's EVERYTHING. It's bad man like I'll never stop playing but geez it's terrible. It's like...idk anymore it's pointless and it'll never be addressed the list is growing daily of issues within the game that are ignored and have been for awhile. Why can't they admit they have things they cannot fix. Well....jat or someone did admit origami dinos are not a glitch but help memory something or another....pathetic.

I play on a non dedicated and can load into the world but in about 30 min I'll get a message that say there is a problem with my saved games and the Xbox crashes. It doesn't just dashboard, sometimes I can't even get the console to turn back on until it rests for a while. Everything works great as long as I don't try to play Ark...as soon as I do nothing works.