TacticalDash395

Ragnarok: Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Just wanted to compare server stress. Base RAM sits at 2g and ive had it spike to 4g. Just curious if anyone has gone beyond that.  

I think it was around the same, and from the dashboard you could see 5-10 spikes over a short period of time, from my recollection.

@Jatheish Are we still working on this?  It seems to have been swept under the rug.  I no longer can play in my area on Rag again.  I had to leave the server entirely.  Also, people are still posting the same problems.  They just don't realize that they've been going on for some time now.  When can we expect a fix?

I also have been having the crash to desktop on Xbox one, i play single player and notice it more on The Center, not tried Ragnarok yet. 

At first i thought it was maybe because my Xbox was overheating but after checking the forums i am thankful that i am not the only one experiencing this problem.

Seems to have started  the past few weeks, and reading other posts on this thread i get the feeling it is some sort of memory leak. When mine is about to crash i notice that textures wont load in properly so i do the "admincheat saveworld" every 10 minutes. Happens more when i am at or near my base but i suspect it is because i have a lot of things there.

Really hope Wildcard can sort this problem out as it is becoming a tranq dart pain the ass for a lot of players. I'm going to start hassling them on Twitter and FB with a link to this thread. Keep the peace folks and try not to rage too much :)

I was on Twitch when it crashed earlier, if you skip to 18:00 minutes on this video you can see the texture loading problems, where the video ends is when it crashed to desktop, hope it helps.

Edited by jimlogan1701
Added an extra bit

On 10/18/2018 at 3:57 AM, TehGrimCreeper said:

Is there any end in sight for this issue? 

It was working briefly for like a month, but it's back to crashing. Even my buddy on the Xbox one S is having issues. Will this be addressed?

The Ragnarok devs are too busy working on the last known paid DLC Extinction. I wouldn’t expect a fix to this issue until at least Spring next year as the last known fix was still months away as they were moved to start working on Extinction, that’s unless of course the Rag devs won’t be working on DLC bug fixing post release so they can jump back on to Ragnarok immediately.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2018 at 11:45 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

The Ragnarok devs are too busy working on the last known paid DLC Extinction. I wouldn’t expect a fix to this issue until at least Spring next year as the last known fix was still months away as they were moved to start working on Extinction, that’s unless of course the Rag devs won’t be working on DLC bug fixing post release so they can jump back on to Ragnarok immediately.

Right on, thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. 

I might just uninstall Ark for right meow, since I've kind of gotten a little burned out on the Island. 

I might check back then just when Extinction gets finished up. 

I fear I'm wasting time on this issue, and it isn't getting fixed... considering the replies this topic has gotten in the last year.

To start, I play single player offline on Xbox One. I started Ragnarok when it first released. I abandoned it since it was still incomplete. Ex: the desert was inaccessible.

I recently revisited my game. I started building at the ancient structure (roughly 69 lat, 69 long) in the desert. All was fine... Until, I began transferring my tames from other Arks. After my Aberration tames arrived, I started experiencing dashboard crashes every 25 minutes. Like clockwork.

So I used the saveworld command to prevent lost time. That worked a few times, then stopped. It now only saves my position in the map, but reverts the progress/building I've done. 

I hope this adds another drop to the ocean of bug reports for this issue, so it gets fixed.

Edited by TrevNethers

Based on what everyone is saying, this "routine 25 minute dashboard crash" is not isolated to a specific location... It's obviously Ragnarok conflicting with Aberration content/tames.

Unfortunately, once such content has been introduced, there's no reversing its effects. I have removed all Aberration tames, yet it's still dashboarding.

My two questions are: why have the devs not figured this out yet? And why have they not patched it?

By the way, happy anniversary Ragnarok crashers!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrevNethers said:

Based on what everyone is saying, this "routine 25 minute dashboard crash" is not isolated to a specific location... It's obviously Ragnarok conflicting with Aberration content/tames.

Unfortunately, once such content has been introduced, there's no reversing its effects. I have removed all Aberration tames, yet it's still dashboarding.

My two questions are: why have the devs not figured this out yet? And why have they not patched it?

By the way, happy anniversary Ragnarok crashers!!!

Happy anniversary! 

I keep holding out hope that one day the Devs will actually do something aboot this. 

I tried switching to my Steam version since the Xbox version has been broke since June for me -but surprise, surprise. More bugs there too. Like resources won't respawn on the frackin' Steam version. The PC flagship version. Gawdsakes. 

I'll check back every couple of months to see if anything has changed. But at this point I, I've heard the Devs are working on a new game. WC has lost all my trust...

5 hours ago, JekyllAndHyde33 said:

So i am having a similar issue on Xbox. the ragnarok map will randomly (between 15-45 mins) crash and when i go back in, it works but it goes back to the last auto save that the game did. making me lose levels, dinos, and any progress since. any advice?

This issue has been going on for a year... And by the looks of things, the devs have given up on finding a solution.

...the only comfort is, you're not alone.

3 hours ago, antonioveiga said:

hey not sure if is just me and my xb s or everyone but its insane the amount of dash board i get i can be doing a drop or just being at base, it dc in a hour 4/5 times easy to xb dashboard.

Is it just me your you facing this issue to ? have anything worked to fix the issue or its 100% game related ?

thank you

We're all experiencing this issue in some form or another on the Ragnarok map.

The devs have been ignoring us.

I had no idea it's been like a year since this issue came up because I only just got it. I've been playing on the Ragnarok map for about 3 hours so far and I've been sent to the dashboard 4 times now. I've had issues since the middle of last year when ark crashed to its home screen and went insane, but I knew some other people who had this problem and i'd already fixed it by last November. I just can't believe this had been going on for so long and the devs are just ignoring it

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Look Studio Wildcard (just in case you people are reading this HUGE thread of posts going way back to December of 2017), either y'all fix this crash issue on Xbox One or start seeing a future of no longer making any money off of your games. Because when enough of your customers complain about getting crashes every 10 to 20 or so minutes while playing your games and they see (with time) that you don't give a s**t about them I can assure you they will stop playing your games altogether. People are not stupid. They see serious issues with a game they are not going to play it any more and their word of mouth regarding the game will also get around. Now maybe you Devs over there at Studio Wildcard are in a position at the moment whereas you're not caring about these issues that a great deal of your customers have been having for well over a year now because MOST of your customers may not be having certain issues at the moment. But with time if you start getting enough of people complaining it very well could have a serious effect on you. 

I have been playing your games now since beta and have purchased each of your DLCs except this latest one, Extinction, which I will not purchase until y'all fix these already long overdo issues that need to be fixed. The crashing one especially because if a game keeps crashing and not saving progress in any game people will stop playing it. And that is the way it is going to be for  y'all in the future if y'all don't fix and tend to the issues you have had for years now. 

I never experienced this crash issue in all the time I have been playing your Ark games until just two days ago when I decided to delete my old game I had since Beta with all my pets to start a fresh game (due to, thus, other issues y'all obviously also do not care about enough to fix involving the item slots on the obelisk not working and the Big Feet and Dire Bears from Aberration not being able to be removed out of the obelisk). If this mess has just started happening to me two days ago and I am completely ticked-off that nothing has been done about it in a whole year's time I can only imagine how the people who have had this issue going back a year must feel. Chances are none of them are no longer playing your game anymore seeing as you Devs obviously do not care enough to fix the problem. And this is a console issue but I am sure PC players are also having the same issue.

Based off of YOUR OWN ACTIONS you Devs seem to be more concerned about putting out new DLC content than fixing all the bad issues the game has had since Beta. So then that tells me it's obviously our money you are really after. But this is all an unbalanced situation because while we, your customers who paid you our money to play your games...you the Devs who put out the game are not giving us what we paid for or need. 

You ignore all these posts on this site and all the others on other sites KNOWING your customers are having these issues. You focus on putting out new DLCs so you can hope to keep making money off of your loyal customers but you ignore the fact that gradually with time if you keep this up you will loose customers more than get customers because "word of mouth" is a strong and powerful way of advertising something so with time that word of mouth will get around enough and you will start loosing what loyal customers you do have. 

If people's games are "constantly crashing" on them every 10 to 20 minutes and not saving their process and it's been allowed to go on for well over a year, that should be telling you Devs this is a very serious issue with your game and common sense should be dictating to you to fix this issue. That means the players will not be able to play your Ark games and if people get frustrated with their game-play constantly crashing on them and not saving their playing progress that means they will not want to play your game anymore. Don't Studio Wildcard get that? Because it's almost like y'all don't get it. Many may even sue to get their money back because they will feel they have been ripped-off. I mean didn't we pay you OUR money for a service that includes being able to play a "playable game" ALL THE TIME and not a tiny bit of the time when an issue should arise? But we are not getting our end of the bargain, Studio Wildcard but you are getting yours because you've already pocketed all of our money but we, the customers, get nothing but continuous game-play crashes, bugs, and glitches since Beta. Is that fair, Studio Wildcard? You know it's not fair but YOUR ACTIONS after all this time shows us you do not care.

So this is what I suggest you, Studio Wildcard, do. Put down the new ideas y'all are working on for your future DLCs and fix the "current issues" you have been having since Beta piece by piece until you have fixed everything. THEN you may resume back to working on your future DLCs. That is the fair thing to do after all. If you don't want to loose your customers do the right, just, ethical, and fair thing. 

We your loyal fans and customers who have stuck by you since Beta are hear for you Devs and Studio Wildcard if we see y'all care enough about us and our needs pertaining to this game we have purchased so respect that please. Cause right now we are feeling Studio Wildcard does not give a rat's a** about us. Respect is a two-way street and you people over there at Studio Wildcard owe your customers that much. After all with out us y'all wouldn't be where you are currently. Try to keep that in mind in the future.

Edited by LeiSha
  • Like 2

Here we are. A year later and still no closer to a functioning Rag. No acknowledgement from the Devs. No timeline. I've finally uninstalled Ark. 

I understand that things like the Extinction bugs are important to fix - but its literally been a year. We had like 3 weeks of a functional game. 

@Jatheish is there any plan for fixing this?