Jump to content

Ragnarok: Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update


Recommended Posts

On 09/05/2018 at 1:53 PM, QcJemes said:

What I an telling you is that it is still happening on anywhere on any map. Some more then others, but still. unfortunatly if this is not fixed at the next patch, I personally will give up like many others and stop playing/ranting a server. This is a lot of money and you can't expect players to still give money on hope when things are clearly overlooked.

 

 

Are you on console or pc? Just to clarify. 

As per Xbox I don't crash at all (once in a blue moon) On rag unless it's the nw and even at that i havent crashed in a while. I have 2 bases in the danger zones and nothing has happened as of late. Haven't crashed on aberration yet nor the island.  All of which I have and still host, I just don't play the center or SE so i have no experience with them crashing. 

My Xbox one is a refurbished machine over 2 years old. It runs more than it's off so I would assume I should experience the same amount of crashes if not worse for how worn it is. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have some good news about this, it looks like we've saved at least approximately 10 - 25% worth of Memory on Ragnarok, depending on where you are, and it's possible we could have saved more in some

Just a FYI guys, I am still working with the team on resolving the gpu OOM that was identified a short while ago, it's a bit trickier to resolve than a standard game crash but we're hoping to have it

This is a major Issue.  Many players on my dedicated server enjoy playing in the Vikings bay area, We have a Community center and Trading post there as well.  I can play for hours straight in the High

Posted Images

3 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Are you on console or pc? Just to clarify. 

As per Xbox I don't crash at all (once in a blue moon) On rag unless it's the nw and even at that i havent crashed in a while. I have 2 bases in the danger zones and nothing has happened as of late. Haven't crashed on aberration yet nor the island.  All of which I have and still host, I just don't play the center or SE so i have no experience with them crashing. 

My Xbox one is a refurbished machine over 2 years old. It runs more than it's off so I would assume I should experience the same amount of crashes if not worse for how worn it is. 

 

I'm on xbox on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 9:24 AM, QcJemes said:

It is not specific to rag and not specific to the north west of the map. It happens on any map, anywhere ( more often Near viking bay, but still happening anywhere on any map )

I was set up pretty nice in viking bay. I have since moved to the bay of hope east of the highlands. I have been back near there several times but no where i was experiencing crashes. I have gone crash free since. I'd say I have explored quite a bit of the east portion and middle map on rag. Still nothing. It's northwest for sure. But I have no problems with the entire eastern part of the map and most of the middle. Viking bay area in general needs a clean up. Its apparent. I have faith the rag team will sort it out very soon. I have huge plans for viking bay! ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 9:24 AM, QcJemes said:

It is not specific to rag and not specific to the north west of the map. It happens on any map, anywhere ( more often Near viking bay, but still happening anywhere on any map )

There was a very specific spot on rag that is more broken than the others but you should not be having constant crashing on every map. These posts are about people crashing constantly(twice or more in an hour) when in a specific area.

On my server on Rag outside of the specific area people can play over 4 hours straight without crashing. On my aberration server people very rarely crash. If you are crashing constantly on all maps either theres something wrong with your xbox or you are confusing crashing with disconnects. Make sure the vents on your xbox are clear and its got plenty of room to breath. If its getting to hot it wont preform well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

There was a very specific spot on rag that is more broken than the others but you should not be having constant crashing on every map. These posts are about people crashing constantly(twice or more in an hour) when in a specific area.

On my server on Rag outside of the specific area people can play over 4 hours straight without crashing. On my aberration server people very rarely crash. If you are crashing constantly on all maps either theres something wrong with your xbox or you are confusing crashing with disconnects. Make sure the vents on your xbox are clear and its got plenty of room to breath. If its getting to hot it wont preform well.

Why all due respect, I think i know what is the diference between à diaconnect and dashbording. And it is definitely not my xbox since its the only game that doesn't work is Ark. You should go back Read some old post, There are pple reporting this issue pretty mush anywhere in the game, but like I States, it us manly on rag on the west area. Honestly, it is even more discouraging to see that you guys are not acknowleding this problem more then this. All i have left to say is have good might, have fun playing tour "working" version of Ark. And adios.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, QcJemes said:

Why all due respect, I think i know what is the diference between à diaconnect and dashbording. And it is definitely not my xbox since its the only game that doesn't work is Ark. You should go back Read some old post, There are pple reporting this issue pretty mush anywhere in the game, but like I States, it us manly on rag on the west area. Honestly, it is even more discouraging to see that you guys are not acknowleding this problem more then this. All i have left to say is have good might, have fun playing tour "working" version of Ark. And adios.

The developers of the map have acknowledged the issues in the NW and have spoken openly about resolving it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The developers of the map have acknowledged the issues in the NW and have spoken openly about resolving it. 

 

Is this not released yet?  Thought it came with the TLC2 update?  I know performance improvements on PS4 ragnarok maps were not perceptible. Still seeing the 20-40 second lag stalls there and constant DC’ing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, flamron said:

Is this not released yet?  Thought it came with the TLC2 update?  I know performance improvements on PS4 ragnarok maps were not perceptible. Still seeing the 20-40 second lag stalls there and constant DC’ing 

It has not been released yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, flamron said:

So maybe it was released but didn’t do anything. Hmmm

There were some changes made in TLC2. 

The changes in the tweet from 2 weeks ago have definitely not been released yet. It’s still in testing. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flamron said:

So maybe it was released but didn’t do anything. Hmmm

There's a substantial difference since than. I crash still too but literally no where near as bad as it was. I crashed once soo far in the last week. Average 4-6 hours of play per day. Crash happened inside pirate cave and nowhere else so far. 

Textures are crisper from a distance and very minimal render lag. Again my Xbox is a 2 year old refabbed unit. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 3:58 AM, Onimusha759 said:

I play single player and  rag does perfectly fine for me.  Never lagged in viking bay, as far as crashes i haven't noticed any more on rag then any other map.  Truly ive crashed on center at least twice as much as rag, but i haven't crashed in quite some time either.  I will note im on ps4 and not xbox1.  Seriously tho, considering xbox reliability all these years(I was a die hard 360 guy, and i payed for it 3 times) its no wonder if its console related.  That said im pretty sure pc and ps4 players have complained about rag, but my original ps4 handles SP rag like a champ, its either hardware(Yours or WC) or players causing the issue.

well this thread is about constant crashing "on xbox". the issue is specific to xbox, PC and PS4 may have their lag issues, but this thread is specifically for the xbox crashing to dashboard which happens constantly on rag, my xbox 1s "Crashed" to dashboard roughly every 3-15 mins on rag. this is not specific to online, its specific to the xbox 1 and 1s consoles, its the worst on rag but scorched earth and ab also have the crashing, or dashboarding issue, but not nearly as bad. buying an xbox 1x fixed the issue for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been crashing ALOT on Ragnarok. I am pretty new to Ark and been playing on Ragnarok for about a week. I have my own server through Nitrado. I play in a private game with my wife. The first time we started crashing was a couple days ago. We would crash around the same time. Yesterday, she didnt crash once... I crashed about 5-6 times in the few hours I was playing. It is making it hard to play because the crashes always happen at the worst times. We play on Xbox. Any help would be amazing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when there will be an ETA for the fix? The crashes is nearly unplayable given if you are flying or swimming, or with any encounter, ull certainly die and potentially lose progress. not to mention, waiting through menus and loading screens constantly because of returning to the dashboard. Please make this a priority and fix this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My tribe has added in new Tek into our base near the metal cave and swamp.  Now the game is unplayable for me once again.  I crash all the time.  Two of my members have Xbox X so they don't have any difficulty.  But when I crash they hear their fans speed up.  Something is definitely and suddenly using processing power.  I hope to have this fixed very soon.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89
13 hours ago, DerangedStu said:

My tribe has added in new Tek into our base near the metal cave and swamp.  Now the game is unplayable for me once again.  I crash all the time.  Two of my members have Xbox X so they don't have any difficulty.  But when I crash they hear their fans speed up.  Something is definitely and suddenly using processing power.  I hope to have this fixed very soon.  

Yeah one of my Nitrado servers would crash if enough people would have out of memory issues back to back. 

My Rag server has crashed more times than the other, and only when people have crashed out of the game themselves. When I look at the Nitrado dashboard, the spikes are through the roof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 10:45 PM, DJRone89 said:

Yeah one of my Nitrado servers would crash if enough people would have out of memory issues back to back. 

My Rag server has crashed more times than the other, and only when people have crashed out of the game themselves. When I look at the Nitrado dashboard, the spikes are through the roof.

Whats the cpu and ram reading during these spikes? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89
51 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Whats the cpu and ram reading during these spikes? 

Hasn’t happened in months so I couldn’t tell you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...