Jump to content

TacticalDash395

Ragnarok: Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update

Recommended Posts

any idea if this might extend to aberration? havent had an issue since I've switched to xbox 1x  but I've been seeing alot of people on the ab crossplay server I play on complaining about the crashes and the xbox people rarely stay to play there. I know even with the 1x I lag alot, but the only crashes I've faced were few and they didnt feel like the problem I had on the 1s. on the 1s I wouldn't call it a crash or a disconnect, the game just closed instantly, I started calling it being dashboarded. the crashes I get now the sound and the game freeze for a second or two before it closes. looking and feeling like a real crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 7:13 PM, TedyBearOfDeath said:

You may be able to get actual help with a new thread.

OK, I'm not sure if this post belongs here, or a new thread. I am running a dedicated xbox server on Ragnarok. Since the last update (end of march) the server would crash to the xbox dashboard. Sometimes it goes for a couple days, sometimes it crashes a couple times in the same day. But always to the dashboard, without saving. Sometimes with people on, sometimes with nobody on. I've monitoring this thread off and on, and hoping that today's update would fix it, but now it won't even start. I did the update, fired it up, and it ran for a while, then crashed. Now, it tries to load, gets all the way to "Ragnarok_z_OLD_SPLINES" (the last load folder), stays there for a while, then the 3 flashing dots in the right corner disappear and the game crashes back to the dashboard. I've seen this before. July, 2017. I'm freaking out a little. TedyBearOfDeath, you've helped me out before. Is this the same issue as on this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Phantom425 said:

OK, I'm not sure if this post belongs here, or a new thread. I am running a dedicated xbox server on Ragnarok. Since the last update (end of march) the server would crash to the xbox dashboard. Sometimes it goes for a couple days, sometimes it crashes a couple times in the same day. But always to the dashboard, without saving. Sometimes with people on, sometimes with nobody on. I've monitoring this thread off and on, and hoping that today's update would fix it, but now it won't even start. I did the update, fired it up, and it ran for a while, then crashed. Now, it tries to load, gets all the way to "Ragnarok_z_OLD_SPLINES" (the last load folder), stays there for a while, then the 3 flashing dots in the right corner disappear and the game crashes back to the dashboard. I've seen this before. July, 2017. I'm freaking out a little. TedyBearOfDeath, you've helped me out before. Is this the same issue as on this thread?

This is a different issue related to what this thread is about, I'll investigate to see if other players are experiencing something similar, though it's possible it could be a save corruption too. I'll follow up with our programmers to see if there's a way we can get additional info as there have been some changes/improvements made on the backend.

As for this topic, it would be good to know if you guys are still experiencing frequent crashes on Ragnarok, if so locations would be good. I'll leave this thread open for a few days to get the responses, and at that point if necessary, we'll create a new thread to investigate the reports. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having issues after the update on the 26th April 2018 (yesterday). Newly hatched spino has disappeared completely. Nothing registered in the log so I dont think it has died. Couldnt wander off anyway. Also being kicked from server regularly and everything lags a lot. Never experienced this before and has only happened since I did the update.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 27, 2018 at 4:09 AM, Jatheish said:

This is a different issue related to what this thread is about, I'll investigate to see if other players are experiencing something similar, though it's possible it could be a save corruption too. I'll follow up with our programmers to see if there's a way we can get additional info as there have been some changes/improvements made on the backend.

As for this topic, it would be good to know if you guys are still experiencing frequent crashes on Ragnarok, if so locations would be good. I'll leave this thread open for a few days to get the responses, and at that point if necessary, we'll create a new thread to investigate the reports. 

Dashboard twice today. Both times were in the pirate cave beside the waterfall/pool.  21.2  24.9 are the gps coords inside the cave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My single player Ragnarok game is also crashing to the dashboard. So annoying because it's my favorite map. Enjoying other maps if it keeps up, but I want Rag back [emoji22]
Single player: Xbox one: primitive plus: using console commands: at starting spawn area 1: goes to console dashboard: .......rage quitting: switches to Skyrim until fixed. [emoji854]
You guys are great. I know you won't let us down! Thanks ahead of time![emoji4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My single player Ragnarok game is also crashing to the dashboard. So annoying because it's my favorite map. Enjoying other maps if it keeps up, but I want Rag back [emoji22]
Single player: Xbox one: primitive plus: using console commands: at starting spawn area 1: goes to console dashboard: .......rage quitting: switches to Skyrim until fixed. [emoji854]
You guys are great. I know you won't let us down! Thanks ahead of time![emoji4]
I will try to get GPS coordinates. Also gonna try playing for a while without console commands. Sad though because I LOVE building with creative mode. Also the other maps aren't giving me this problem, but the new updated creatures on aberration have a pixelated rainbow look. It's pretty so I don't mind, but not sure if it's intentional? Also I can't spawn in reapers.... Is that normal? And the parasaur dissent seen to have it's special abilities..... Or I just don't know how they work?
Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2018 at 3:28 PM, SubjeqtZero said:

Still crashing near blue ob on Ragnarok  for me.

How frequently have you crashed here, and would you say it's pretty much always around this area?

On 27/04/2018 at 3:34 PM, Staddon said:

Having issues after the update on the 26th April 2018 (yesterday). Newly hatched spino has disappeared completely. Nothing registered in the log so I dont think it has died. Couldnt wander off anyway. Also being kicked from server regularly and everything lags a lot. Never experienced this before and has only happened since I did the update.

 

 

Sounds unrelated to the specific changes we've made for Ragnarok. Are you playing on an Official Server? Possible that it could have had some technical issues at the time.

On 27/04/2018 at 5:05 PM, ArtB3CcA said:

I'm still crashing to dashboard every 20 to 30 mins

And I'm guessing the next fix won't be for another thew months. 

Are you still crashing in the same location? Around Viking Bay? or a different spot?

On 28/04/2018 at 2:02 AM, QcJemes said:

Yep. Still crashing. That very sad

Same question, whereabouts on the map are you crashing? There may be some more improvements we can make but would need to know roughly where it occurs.

On 28/04/2018 at 11:11 PM, GeneralBigBear said:

Dashboard twice today. Both times were in the pirate cave beside the waterfall/pool.  21.2  24.9 are the gps coords inside the cave.

Thanks for the information, will check it out!

On 29/04/2018 at 8:54 AM, spiritpaw said:

I will try to get GPS coordinates. Also gonna try playing for a while without console commands. Sad though because I LOVE building with creative mode. Also the other maps aren't giving me this problem, but the new updated creatures on aberration have a pixelated rainbow look. It's pretty so I don't mind, but not sure if it's intentional? Also I can't spawn in reapers.... Is that normal? And the parasaur dissent seen to have it's special abilities..... Or I just don't know how they work?
Thanks again!

Primitive+ is still missing the complete TLC2 update, so some creatures are going to look a little funky for now. They'll be corrected in the coming weeks when the update is completed and released. 

I think, for the most part, we've sold a lot of the memory-related crashes that occurred on the map judging by the activity of the thread (there used to be a lot more!), however, it's clear there are some areas we can still investigate. If you're experiencing regular crashes on Ragnarok or any map really in a specific location, let us know where and we'll check it out.

GPS coords or screenshots of the minimap/area would assist us greatly.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

How frequently have you crashed here, and would you say it's pretty much always around this area?

Sounds unrelated to the specific changes we've made for Ragnarok. Are you playing on an Official Server? Possible that it could have had some technical issues at the time.

Are you still crashing in the same location? Around Viking Bay? or a different spot?

Same question, whereabouts on the map are you crashing? There may be some more improvements we can make but would need to know roughly where it occurs.

Thanks for the information, will check it out!

Primitive+ is still missing the complete TLC2 update, so some creatures are going to look a little funky for now. They'll be corrected in the coming weeks when the update is completed and released. 

I think, for the most part, we've sold a lot of the memory-related crashes that occurred on the map judging by the activity of the thread (there used to be a lot more!), however, it's clear there are some areas we can still investigate. If you're experiencing regular crashes on Ragnarok or any map really in a specific location, let us know where and we'll check it out.

GPS coords or screenshots of the minimap/area would assist us greatly.

 

what about the crashing on xbox one? on xbox one x it doesn't crash that much very rarely i noticed it has to do with the frog if ur rideing on it quickly and its hoping it can crash and other creatures other then that idk what causes the constant crashing on the xbox one..... but so far i been able to play on the xbox one x console without much problems. actualy just realized this is for ragnarok /failforme  i was meaning for this for maps like scorched earth/island since i haven't beaten the tek cave yet....

Edited by danlillis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlillis said:

what about the crashing on xbox one? on xbox one x it doesn't crash that much very rarely i noticed it has to do with the frog if ur rideing on it quickly and its hoping it can crash and other creatures other then that idk what causes the constant crashing on the xbox one..... but so far i been able to play on the xbox one x console without much problems.

This is primarily what we're investigating at the moment, one of the largest difference between the two consoles would be the memory available for the game and probably the biggest difference when it comes to crashing.

9 minutes ago, QcJemes said:
1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

Same general area. In the pirate cave to be more specific.

Thanks, we'll check it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, AngryGamer666 said:

It wasn't fixed, issue is still happening :(

Still getting worked on:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info! Good news is that we've found some areas that we can tweak up for major improvements around the pirate cave. We're still investigating the other zones, so if there are spots you're frequently crashing in, let me know and I'll make sure the team investigate those areas :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My tribe and I are still crashing though far less frequently.  It is playable now but still crashes, sometimes at horrible times. We play on Ragnarok. I crashed between the metal cave (near the west swamp) and the Blue Ob on a boat in the sea.  I also still crash by the metal cave (by the swamp).    It happens every 1-2 hours now for me I'd say.  Sometimes not at all.   Sometimes more often than that as well.  I appreciate the improvement but hope too see more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerangedStu said:

My tribe and I are still crashing though far less frequently.  It is playable now but still crashes, sometimes at horrible times. We play on Ragnarok. I crashed between the metal cave (near the west swamp) and the Blue Ob on a boat in the sea.  I also still crash by the metal cave (by the swamp).    It happens every 1-2 hours now for me I'd say.  Sometimes not at all.   Sometimes more often than that as well.  I appreciate the improvement but hope too see more.  

Yup, we've got more on the way. Glad to hear the experience has improved for you. Thanks for the info!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerangedStu said:

My tribe and I are still crashing though far less frequently.  It is playable now but still crashes, sometimes at horrible times. We play on Ragnarok. I crashed between the metal cave (near the west swamp) and the Blue Ob on a boat in the sea.  I also still crash by the metal cave (by the swamp).    It happens every 1-2 hours now for me I'd say.  Sometimes not at all.   Sometimes more often than that as well.  I appreciate the improvement but hope too see more.  

I have learned now that if i sail anywhere near the Blue Tower on Rag i remove all my armour and weapons because every-time it crashes there on re-spawn ive normally drowned under the boat instead of on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngryGamer666 said:

I have learned now that if i sail anywhere near the Blue Tower on Rag i remove all my armour and weapons because every-time it crashes there on re-spawn ive normally drowned under the boat instead of on it.

Yeah, lol.  I had the artifacts, weapons, and trophies for a boss fight on me.  Luckily my tribe mate got them quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one thing I've noticed since the update is I'm freezing alot more on rag, and even on ab some. not crashing to dashboard like before I got the xbox 1x. the game just freezes, I've waited for about 10 mins once to see if it would work itself out, but the only way to stop it looks to be forcing the game to close, and booting it back up. not nearly as annoying as the dashboarding was on the 1s though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...