Ragnarok: Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have some good news about this, it looks like we've saved at least approximately 10 - 25% worth of Memory on Ragnarok, depending on where you are, and it's possible we could have saved more in some

Just a FYI guys, I am still working with the team on resolving the gpu OOM that was identified a short while ago, it's a bit trickier to resolve than a standard game crash but we're hoping to have it

This is a major Issue.  Many players on my dedicated server enjoy playing in the Vikings bay area, We have a Community center and Trading post there as well.  I can play for hours straight in the High

Posted Images

On 12/17/2017 at 3:25 AM, Mrincredible said:

We have multiple people crashing to home screen.

Xbox one Ragnarok Nitrado pve

Never had it crash before update. It’s bad enough to not want to play. 

Same here.  I have a two member tribe and we both have issues in the same environment as noted (Xbox Ragnarok Official Server PVE).  Disconnects are very random and always seem to happen at the worst time.  I usually die when I come back into the game and then lose all my gear as I am not able to get back to the particular location where the game initially disconnected me.  

Now I am afraid to leave the home base with fear of being disconnected again which absolutely ruins the experience of the game.

On 12/15/2017 at 7:22 PM, ZephyrTheNomad said:

I am actually having a very similar problem one my Xbox One since the Aberration update. In my case it crashes halfway through loading the island (I have none of the DLC and don't use cheat codes, I play the game mainly as a co-op couch game with my wife.) when re-launched it asks me if i want to resume previous session - Which I was only recently able to read as a lot of the time since the update and before I did a hard reset and reboot of my box and then uninstalled and reinstalled Ark. - but upon selecting that option if it doesn't crash on the load in it loads an entirely new survivor. Attempting to return to the main screen from there resulted in a load screen that went on for 25 minutes before I closed the game.

Im having the same issue, did you ever get this resolved??

I have been searching high and low for answers on all social media for Ark and Nitrado and have not found one confirmation yet from either company in regards to the disconnection issues.  It is extremely frustrating that someone can't at least confirm that this is a major issue and say they are looking into it.  I decided to try to play last night and at least feed my dinos and within 20 minutes I was disconnected.  I signed back in and finished feeding my dinos and then quit the game.  I would love to go to different parts of the map and actually play the game, but if I get too far from home and disconnect, there may be a good chance I die (has happened before) and then I have to try to make the trek to retrieve my dinos with hopes I don't get disconnected again on the way to or back to my home base.  All we want is at least a confirmation that this is a known issue and that someone is looking into it.  

I have been playing playing Ark since preview and love it. I host a dedicated Ragnarock server. Since the last update all survivors get disconected at random times and then when we try to connect we get error message can't sign into server. The only way to fix it is a hard reset one the server. Then it happens all over again. WC needs to fix this. Aberration is completely un-playable at this time as well. We can't save the game and it keeps crashing.

14 minutes ago, garey4life said:

Fingers crossed. logged in and still the same issue. Five minutes in and dc. Attempted five times with the same results. I am going to give up. Wish I could get a refund. No  word from Wildcard even  recognizing the issue but plenty of pump towards the new DLC.  

I feel the same way. There are too many bugs in the game for them to be adding more. They need to fix what the have first. 

I'm on scorched earth server 172 and I crash every 5 to 10 min and i cant get enough time to collect food to feed to my base. Its getting crazy that there has been no fix or response or acknowledgement to this being a issue. I had died once and it took 4 dragons to recover my stuff because I would crash every time I reached a certain spot on the map. I just need to prepare to transfer my dinos before I need to go back to work but it looks like I can forget transferring them to my friend cause there all gonna starve and this is on ark management.  I cant believe I'm gonna loose my 300 plus tames to a ark bug that they cant fix. All cause i cant play the game for one hour to pick berries and collect meat.

I've moved to the center until a new update, Because this issue does not happen there for whatever reason, seems to be a Ragnarok only issue.  I suggest just swapping to singleplayer and spawning whatever you had on rag into a different map until a patch comes out to fix this.

Edited by TacticalDash395

Is anyone else experiencing this? I’ve tried searching info on it but everything is at least a year old. We have a Nitrado server playing on Ragnarok pve. We keep getting kicked back out to the dashboard and having to restart the game. Happens multiple times a day. Sometimes about every 5-10 minutes. Is it the map? Is it Nitrado or is it the game as a whole?

Hello,

I noticed the same thing and it is not map related, not start up / log in related. I am searching for how it happens but yet it is random and it occurred with the latest XBOX update (client).

This crash is from in-game to XBOX-home screen no warning just in-game to home screen.

Hopeful that they already found the errror since it makes it dangerous to travel far from home base.

There are other bugs but reoccurring ones, example server-side settings resulting in meat spoil time to super fast, spark powder over use. All related to server settings. Also I noticed that a stack of meat in the transfer system went to spoiled meat in 50 minutes, so do not transfer kibble or eggs until the christmas winter wonderland holiday event is over. Regards, Ariana

Scorched Earth 51 PVE, also been having this issue since last update. It can hit anywhere from right after log in, to a half hour later. Straight to dashboard, do not pass Go, Do not collect $200 dollars.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Ragonxxiv said:

I'm on scorched earth server 172 and I crash every 5 to 10 min and i cant get enough time to collect food to feed to my base. Its getting crazy that there has been no fix or response or acknowledgement to this being a issue. I had died once and it took 4 dragons to recover my stuff because I would crash every time I reached a certain spot on the map. I just need to prepare to transfer my dinos before I need to go back to work but it looks like I can forget transferring them to my friend cause there all gonna starve and this is on ark management.  I cant believe I'm gonna loose my 300 plus tames to a ark bug that they cant fix. All cause i cant play the game for one hour to pick berries and collect meat.

Had this exact same thing happen to me around the 48 48 mark, 4 wyverns out just trying to get back my first one. Had to message a tribemate to get on and help me out, except that just added to the pile of misplaced wyverns. After about an hour we got them all home.....