TacticalDash395

Ragnarok: Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update

4 hours ago, AVENGED said:

I like the keeping negativity out of this thread, but this issue has been known since Abberation released in December, and it took them until February to even offer up a response. I think people like the guy you quoted have a right to express their frustration with the abysmal response time, and absolute lack of customer support. 

I absolutely understand the frustration and believe me, I along with everyone else with this issue has been posting all over and I am now happy they have at least acknowledged it.  My post however was to point out that being negative right now is not going to help resolve the issue.  I am happy that many others are posting more as where the crashing/dashboarding occurs so hopefully we can get this issue rectified soon.  

46 minutes ago, ryans2451 said:

I absolutely understand the frustration and believe me, I along with everyone else with this issue has been posting all over and I am now happy they have at least acknowledged it.  My post however was to point out that being negative right now is not going to help resolve the issue.  I am happy that many others are posting more as where the crashing/dashboarding occurs so hopefully we can get this issue rectified soon.  

Problem is, if you have been around since day 1 of console, there has ALWAYS been crashing to dashboard issues. Always. And just now there is acknowledgement? Seems kind of like a laggy response time don' you think? More lag than the RAGLAG. 

I'm in no way trying to be negative but when facts are facts, it' hard to dispute. 

Having terrible issues on Rag viking bay. Bought the game and dlc last weekend to play with my two sons and one of their  girlfriends on private server and love it.  The crashing every ten minutes is unbearable though. For the price of this game, these issues should be top priority. More people would play and wildcard would sell more. Since update 771 two days ago, I had a beautiful red and black Rex, two raptors, Triceratops, beaver, argentavis, and my hot pink ptero just go poof! I mean seriously? Just vanished. This is not how to run a game. I hope they fix soon, because venturing far from my clan base makes me paranoid other than to restock and I always take a crap ptero to do my runs just in case. We are wanting to move and build in a different location other than the beach at the end of the bay, but the game is so unstable.  Hate those stupid tranc scorpions where we live.

30 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Problem is, if you have been around since day 1 of console, there has ALWAYS been crashing to dashboard issues. Always. And just now there is acknowledgement? Seems kind of like a laggy response time don' you think? More lag than the RAGLAG. 

I'm in no way trying to be negative but when facts are facts, it' hard to dispute. 

I 100% agree with what you are saying.  I am also very frustrated as it has just been acknowledged recently when it should have been identified many months ago.  All I am trying to say is since they are now listening to us, we need to work together to make sure this gets fixed.  We all obviously love the game a lot and continue to play through the frustrating issues.  Even I will admit that I just quit the game after I constantly get disconnected and then hope it will be better the next day.  

i also love the game and dont want to be negative but at this point, i only enjoyed the game for 7-10 days after purchase without issues and now its been dashboarding for 2 months every 10-30 minutes. how i managed to get 1 hour of gameplay on rag was to wipe the map and start over.. after you start building a base in viking bay, its only a matter of time until the dashboarding starts again. i have a simple wooden house(a very basic small build) and every task is a challenge because im usually stuck repeating it over and over hoping to get lucky and not get a crash, i tried a 12 minute timer on my cell to remind me to "Exit to Main Menu" to get the game to save.. but even that isnt always guarantee'd.

Looking at the comments on the official patch post on the Xbox Community Page, 90% or more comments are all about the Dashboarding..

what i dont understand is why arent issues like this caught at the developer level? you cant just dev this game on High end quad SLI PCs, then fire it up on a One X and call it "Good to Go" . Its quite clear the Dashboarding on One S and One is affecting everyone and not an isolated case so the fact its only been noticed now is unsettling, is there no way to get a group of console players to beta test? This bug can be reproduced without any specific events other than "Play Rag and wait" so how it passed internal QA is something Wildcard should look at. In the meantime confirmation that this is actually high priority with some sort of vague time frame as when to expect a resolution doesnt seem like much to ask for.

• Like 2

I mainly play on Official PvE Ragnarok and get a constant kick to dashboard roughly 3-4 times an hour (probably an understatement). It gets mildly frustrating and I'm just trying to understand the cause. Is it only Rag? Is it my xbox or the connection? Should I pack up and move to my other server? Yesterday I was kicked back to back, twice. The last time I finally got in, I was stuck in my base for over 15 minutes trying to open the doors to get out. I could eat and drink perfectly fine, but couldn't open anything (Vaults, Refrigerators, Fab, Smithy, doors, etc.). I've lost so many tames/items, most recently being DC'd in the Labyrinth Cave and dying with my best gear. Please, any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. If the Devs somehow see this, I know I speak for many people in hopes that you can get a fix for this. 

On 17/12/2017 at 10:25 AM, Mrincredible said:

We have multiple people crashing to home screen.

Xbox one Ragnarok Nitrado pve

Never had it crash before update. It’s bad enough to not want to play. 

Same here. Private server on Ragnarok and yes Nitrado pve. Non stop crashing every ten minutes. Lost a whole slew of dinos the past couple of days from disappearing as well. They just vanished. The lag, stuttering and rubberbanding is unbearable. I never played a game that was so bad at staying connected as this one. I want to play, but it's really frustrating. I mean we payed prime price for this? Something needs to be done or micrisoft needs to give ark the boot. Can't believe they let something this bad continue.

I wanted to wait a few days before posting after seeing if this new patch did rectify anything or made anything better, unfortunately that's not the case.  Each day I have played, I dashboard at least 4 to 5 times within 3 hours of gameplay.  Hopefully with everyone posting here and the fact the dashboarding is all across the Rag map, this will help.  Look forward to finding a fix to this issue soon.

no updates as of yet? are any of the people experiencing the crashes playing on the xbox 1 x? I seam to crash the most out of my friends and I'm the only one with a 1s. the friends with the xbox 1 original crash, but not as often, 2 friends I have with the xbox 1 x that play on my same server claim to never have crashed. anyone with these dash-boarding issues using a 1x? its pissing me off so much I may pick p a 1x, I havent had my xbox 1s too long, wouldn't take that long to redownload the game.

on my 1s this isnt just a problem with ark, every game I have played crashes to the dashboard every hour or less. its just with ark, its every 15-30 mins and a crash ends up killing me, losing my equipment sometimes, and the worst, sometimes losing my dino that I spent hours taming and training.

4 hours ago, GraveBane said:

no updates as of yet? are any of the people experiencing the crashes playing on the xbox 1 x? I seam to crash the most out of my friends and I'm the only one with a 1s. the friends with the xbox 1 original crash, but not as often, 2 friends I have with the xbox 1 x that play on my same server claim to never have crashed. anyone with these dash-boarding issues using a 1x? its pissing me off so much I may pick p a 1x, I havent had my xbox 1s too long, wouldn't take that long to redownload the game.

on my 1s this isnt just a problem with ark, every game I have played crashes to the dashboard every hour or less. its just with ark, its every 15-30 mins and a crash ends up killing me, losing my equipment sometimes, and the worst, sometimes losing my dino that I spent hours taming and training.

Two other players and myself on my Rag Nitrado server have the X and never crash other than maybe when logging in. Once fully logged in and moving around we never crash. These are oom(out-of-memory) crashes for the most part and since the X has so much more memory it doesn't really get affected. Bases, caves, and water loads much faster with a lot less stall and no crashes. On aberration it makes a huge difference too, those without the X stall a lot when gliding around on their drakes but I do not. Some even have reported crashing because of these stalls when transitioning zones. These are the only 2 maps I have played since I  got the X.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:57 AM, Atreuss said:

We are wanting to move and build in a different location other than the beach at the end of the bay, but the game is so unstable.  Hate those stupid tranc scorpions where we live.

Lol I find it funny that's where a lot people build and that's where the crashing is the worst. I flew from there to the NW corner then went down the west side of the map as far as you can go. Then I went across the Southside and back up the East side of the map and back to Viking Bay. Not one crash the whole trip until I was back in Viking Bay for about 15 minutes then BOOM. The whole trip took a couple hours because I was checking out different dinos. Thinking about relocating also to see what happens. Good luck.

Yeah exactly the same issue here. Fly around the island and no crashing. Stll lots of lag and stuttering though. Come back to base and dc. Playing on xbox one, thinking of moving up to the one x. Was wanting to wait till my one bit the dust, but I just can't stand the way it runs ark.

Same issue for me as well. Non stop crashing almost every 10 to 20 minutes apart. Horrible lag, stuttering, rubberbanding and graphics don't render properly. Textures are blurred all the time. Dinos go poof! I notices that opening containers, crafting stations, inventory etc., will cause a lot of crashes. Ragnarok is terrible. We only have five that play on our server and this is just unbearable. 70 to 80 bucks for this is not what I expected. I can play eso, destiny, etc., on my xbox one with no issues. Why is this game running so poorly? Why can't this be fixed? I would prefer toning down the graphics if the game would run smooth and keep us connected. Please, please work on Ragnarok. It's been too long now.

Edited by Atreuss

I know this thread is for Xbox one, but the same thing is happening on PS4 and this is the first thing I've seen at all about it. I run a console hosted server and it's getting out of hand with the constant bluescreens. Can a fix for it be looked into please? It's been happening since the desert was added on our prim plus server and when we switched back to regular, it got worse with the tlc update.

Me and my friends started on ragnarok hard core PvP 2 days ago. My Xbox has been crashing to Xbox dash at least once an hour since we joined nd my tribemates have too. It's not filled us with confidence to get up and running properly.

Also players on my other Xbox dedicated ragnarok server have experienced the same issues. 

Is it just a ragnarok problem as I've noticed nothing on the other maps....except the typical lagging.

Ragnarok, viking bay is horrible with this issue. Currently rebuilding and moving my dinos (what is left of them), in a  different location and getting the heck out of viking bay. It's a death trap and you lose so much stuff there. Love the plains and what I call the highlands, NE of wyvern trench. Both really pretty sites.  Just wish wildcard would pay some attention to this issue that is happening in viking bay. It's gone on too long because it's a nice place to build a base, well.... except for the tranc scorpions. Put lots of turrets up...lol

Edited by Atreuss

Jat I have a question please answer @Jatheish @bubblywums I really need to know how to fix this, how do I get the 30 minute resplendent timed to go away? My friend and I just restarted on rag/I cleared the space on the game to delete saved data and now I tried to spawn in and it says “respawn allowed in 29 minutes” this also happened on he island and now whenever we die we need to wait 30 minutes please help for God’s sake @Jatheish please I just want to play the game.

i have an xbox one too and my game keeps constanly crashing when:

-want to use an teleporter (as sample on ragnarok down to the watercave)

-moving to fast in my base (where all the creatures load in)

-entering the rockwell bossfight on abberation (this is really unaceptable and annoying)

i really like this game but the constant crashes and lags are really game breaking... it looks like the game isnt optimized for the xbox consoles (both) or its too much for the regular xboxone. remember you charge a full price for this game plus seasonpass and/or DLCs and the game have so many issues. it looks really unfinished to me.

i really like the game but theese laggs and crashes really kill the fun.

Edited by Wauzirex