• Announcements

• Jatheish

Note for players regarding Ascension (please open terminal/tribute before ascending)   02/04/18

With the latest server update on PC (v276.493), if you're going to attempt ascension, before doing so please make sure you've opened a supply crate/transmitter/obelisk/ basically anything terminal/tribute inventories. It's a temp workaround to characters being lost when ascending whilst we're investigating character issues further.
    • Eli

Official PC: Hard Turret Limit begins on 18th of February at 1PM ET   02/16/18

On the 18th of February, at 1PM ET we will be enabling the hard turret limit on all PC Official Servers. This means that you will not be able to build over 100 turrets within a 10k unit radius. This will work on autoturrets, heavy turrets, tek turrets, plus plant turrets and is no longer map specific. The hard limit calculation is done on start-up, so if your turrets are ever over the limit, they will be randomly shut-off until you're under the limit. In order to restore shut off turrets, you must pick up any which exceed the number, as well as shut-off turrets and replace them in order for them to work.
TacticalDash395

Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update

Well, we'll see what this is. It looks like I can certainly repro it well enough on Keb's server, going to get it going in our internal environment here. My initial thoughts are that it's memory related, and possibly due to the bounds, which would be nice to resolve but not the crash which I suspect this thread was talking about, however, we'll see after I do more analysis. Keep the info coming guys, much appreciated. Hopefully we can get this resolved as soon as possible :)

16 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Well, we'll see what this is. It looks like I can certainly repro it well enough on Keb's server, going to get it going in our internal environment here. My initial thoughts are that it's memory related, and possibly due to the bounds, which would be nice to resolve but not the crash which I suspect this thread was talking about, however, we'll see after I do more analysis. Keep the info coming guys, much appreciated. Hopefully we can get this resolved as soon as possible :)

Are you still looking for video captures of the issue?  Someone mentioned on our server that they were unable to upload the video capture here to give you.  I did give them your email address to send to but if there is a better method let me know and I can relay it to them.

Thank you for looking into this, much appreciated.  I'm not hitting it but a few on our server are and I always want folks to have the best experience possible as do you it appears.  :)

13 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Alrighty... I got it once (if it's the same crash), going to try a few more times to see if I can get it again/how reliable it is and then we'll go from there. I suspect it may be a memory issue now just based on how that went, but we'll see. Excellent info guys, thanks a lot. 

Great! So far so good. I've been on for over 3 hours this morning and no issues. Thank you so much!

My friend and I got off the official servers hoping that renting a Nitrado Xbox server would help the dashboarding.  It is only us two that play the game simultaneously and we are still getting constant crashes.  I have found however that these crashes tend to happen more during events and on the weekends when more people are playing.  While I am positive it is a memory issue with the xbox that @Jatheish suggested, it must also have something to do with the server clusters getting hammered as well.  I was playing late last night, from 10pm to 12pm CST, and I was dashboarded 4 different times in those two hours.  That was by far the worst I ever had it.  I am  happy that after all this time someone is finally looking into it.  

Edited by ryans2451

14 hours ago, Jatheish said:

I'm glad you were able to reproduce something and it wasn't like telling the mechanic your car is making noise and you go to show him and it purrs like a kitten. LOL.  Glad we could help. Let me know if you are in need of anything else.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 12:42 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the slow reply. Looking into this now. What would be useful to know is:

- Are any of you able to reliably reproduce this on a fresh single player save?

- Does it commonly occur on a specific map/in a specific location

- If you're experiencing this on an Official Server, could you tell me which and the general area?

This information will allow us to look into a repro and see what's causing the crashes.

I've been playing on Xbox One S singleplayer on Rag lately and I've had constant crashes all over the place, but mostly around my base in Viking Bay. I also get crashes usually when I'm moving or flying fast on my griffin or wyvern. I've already tried the "cheat sg.groundclutterquality 0" command and that worked for a while until the Rag map update and now I am back to constant crashing, even with that command on. Hopefully this information helps, thanks for looking into it.

My buddy Zack and I having this crashing problem(5-40 minutes of playing), but my other three friends don't have this problem. We are building near the blue Obelisk in Ragnarok on a unofficial server. I have noticed that the world doesn't render correctly and if I craft items or open my inventory, or open supply drops it crashes. I could also gather materials like berries, wood, rock, etc it will crash while trying to load the world.

Edited by ColTatertot

Crash central.... My daughter got me playing this about a month ago. I started out on single player The Island. No problems what so ever. Then we rented a server and in the first week I got kicked about 2 or 3 times a day. (8 hrs of playing)

Now after 2 weeks I get kicked almost every hour. Funny thing is I play on a Xbox one and get kicked a lot and my daughter plays on a Xbox one x and never gets kicked. Thinking it's a hardware issue considering how much more powerful the Xbox one x is. 

Close to quitting the game already tired of losing high level tames. Hope they fix it soon.

On 2/15/2018 at 8:01 PM, Jatheish said:

I rent a Nitrado Server and host a Ragnarok map with 4 friends and myself. I would be more than happy to share the info with you on our server. Myself and 2 friends play on either the original xbox one or one S and we crash at least once an hour. My friends on the One X almost never crash. You can usually tell when it is going to happen as the textures start to get very poor and your character will start clipping through the ground, especially on hills and you'll see the ocean graphics underneath. If I log off the server and log back in, it rests how long I can play before I crash. If not, I will end up at the main menu of the Xbox. I have tried turning the the graphics, shadows, truesky, and many features down, but it has had little to no effect on how long the game will run.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!! I'll share server info, record game clips, or whatever is needed. I live in EST and the server is hosted in LA.

Edited by Jboyd55

Keeps crashing on single player after I had to go out and buy it again as my original disc broke I went to my brother's house for a few hours on ark and it didn't crash. Once I come home reinstall it I've crashed all over rangarrock. I've lost a 2 Griffin's due to the crashing

Edited by Imbigfoot97
Sentence structure

I think this thread has turned into two separate issues.  One is the booting that occurs in game that appears to be server based.  The other is a client situation that has been occurring ever since the last Rag update.  It is a complete crash of the game itself.  My tribe is south of the Blue Ob near the swamp.  We, at times, will be kicked 5-6 times within 45 minutes.  These are hard crashes where the game completely closes and goes back to the dashboard.  I don't know any other game where this happens.  The other situation happens far less often.  It is where suddenly you are no longer able to do anything on the server (opening doors etc.) but are still present.  You will suddenly then be kicked after a minute of wait.  It says "server timed out" or something of that nature.  When we ran our dedicated Xbox before Nitride, generally this occurred when the server was overrun by people.  The server would actually crash generally.  It is different on Nitrado.  It just does it while others stay on without issue. It's very odd.  Please help us with this situation as it is game killing.  None of us feel as though we should be paying for a Ragnarok server that acts like this.

45 minutes ago, DerangedStu said:

I think this thread has turned into two separate issues.  One is the booting that occurs in game that appears to be server based.  The other is a client situation that has been occurring ever since the last Rag update.  It is a complete crash of the game itself.  My tribe is south of the Blue Ob near the swamp.  We, at times, will be kicked 5-6 times within 45 minutes.  These are hard crashes where the game completely closes and goes back to the dashboard.  I don't know any other game where this happens.  The other situation happens far less often.  It is where suddenly you are no longer able to do anything on the server (opening doors etc.) but are still present.  You will suddenly then be kicked after a minute of wait.  It says "server timed out" or something of that nature.  When we ran our dedicated Xbox before Nitride, generally this occurred when the server was overrun by people.  The server would actually crash generally.  It is different on Nitrado.  It just does it while others stay on without issue. It's very odd.  Please help us with this situation as it is game killing.  None of us feel as though we should be paying for a Ragnarok server that acts like this.

I have had the issue like your tribe did on the not being able to open up doors, inventory boxes, etc.  I think when that happens the game is out of sync.  I was able to test this theory by moving to a different location and hitting the Y button and something would that I was somewhat nearby.   This only happened on Official Servers.  On the rented Nitrado server, the only non-dashboarding issues have been where the game would appear to lock up when trying to get on a dino and looks like I am in third person mode.  I can see none of the wild dinos moving so that could be a syncing issue as well.  The dashboarding I believe has nothing to do with the servers, rather the memory crashing on the Xbox after that one LARGE update was performed several months ago.  Whatever game changes were made, the Xbox cannot handle the graphics/game play which causes the game to "crash" in a sense.  It's no different than a program/application that's in a Windows environment that will either just close itself or cause the BSOD (in extreme cases).  The Xbox One or S cannot handle the game after that large update.  I think in order to fix this issue for Xbox consoles is they will need to scale back whatever massive changes they had applied for the console itself.  This I am sure will not be an easy task as all the changes reflect on PC, Xbox and PS.  I have not seen anyone complain about Aberration either so it appears to be mostly the Ragnarok map that this is occurring with.  I find it hard however to go out upgrade/purchase the new content when the original issue has yet to be solved.