• Announcements

• Jatheish

ARK Sales!   12/20/17

For those who've yet to experience the joys of ARK, nows your chance to get in as we have a huge host of discounts across various platforms and regions! The discounts and sale length may vary so please continue reading for further sales information! PlayStation 4 (EU) Winter Sale! ARK will be participating in this year's PlayStation 4 Winter Sale! Discounts may vary based on region, so please double check to ensure you can get it in time! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Explorer’s Edition ARK: Season pass ARK: Scorched Earth Humble Bundle Sale! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Scorched Earth ARK: Season Pass
TacticalDash395

Constant Crashing on Xbox after Update

I play on the Ragnarok map on Ark Survival Evolved, I spawned in a few aberattion creatures (Rock Drake, Basilisk, Glowtail) to try them out before i bought the dlc, And i have not despawned them/killed them yet. And ever since the update i am always crashing every 30 or so minutes back to the Xbox Dashboard and losing alot of progress causing me to have to do it all over again, which is extremely annoying and frustrating, even when using the "saveworld" command. If anyone has a possible solution to this let me know please, Also one last thing, I have already tried uninstalling the game and my account, i've tried clearing the cache, i've tried clearing peristant storage, i've tried hard reset, i've tried turning off and on normally. It still doesen't work, But for some reason other maps like the island do not have this issue and it seems to be a problem on Ragnarok only as far as i know. Any solutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

The Crash looks like this by the way; black screen and crash to dashboard. (not my video using for reference) 

P.S. (I tried deleting my save aswell, It didn't crash until i had about 40+ creatures and a fairly medium-small sized base with a few walls and about 50-60 tames inside, my base is at Viking Bay 1, On a offline singleplayer server, if that helps.)

Edited by TacticalDash395

I am actually having a very similar problem one my Xbox One since the Aberration update. In my case it crashes halfway through loading the island (I have none of the DLC and don't use cheat codes, I play the game mainly as a co-op couch game with my wife.) when re-launched it asks me if i want to resume previous session - Which I was only recently able to read as a lot of the time since the update and before I did a hard reset and reboot of my box and then uninstalled and reinstalled Ark. - but upon selecting that option if it doesn't crash on the load in it loads an entirely new survivor. Attempting to return to the main screen from there resulted in a load screen that went on for 25 minutes before I closed the game.

Alright that fixed it, Thanks for all your help! (Anyone else having this problem simply kill any aberattion dinos you have using cheats or with wild dinos)

EDIT: I spoke too soon, The problem occured once again, It only happens when i'm moving my dinos around so maybe it has something to do with mount/dismount?

Edited by TacticalDash395
Problem is back...

3 hours ago, ZephyrTheNomad said:

I am actually having a very similar problem one my Xbox One since the Aberration update. In my case it crashes halfway through loading the island (I have none of the DLC and don't use cheat codes, I play the game mainly as a co-op couch game with my wife.) when re-launched it asks me if i want to resume previous session - Which I was only recently able to read as a lot of the time since the update and before I did a hard reset and reboot of my box and then uninstalled and reinstalled Ark. - but upon selecting that option if it doesn't crash on the load in it loads an entirely new survivor. Attempting to return to the main screen from there resulted in a load screen that went on for 25 minutes before I closed the game.

I’m having the exact same issue. Got a whole new system (Microsoft Storw thought it was a processor issue) and a new disk and it’s still not working. Any luck?

I’m having the exact same issue, I am very dissapointed and I hope this gets fixed soon, me and my friend can barely even play because of how consistent and annoying this crash is, I’ve already lost hours of progress due to it and lost a lot of my motivation to play the game, my question is do you often have freezes with the game?

I am having a similar issue. I just bought the game and it was all fine the first four hours of gameplay. I play on local and on the XBox by the way. So I had tamed my first few Dino's and I was on the island at an easy respawn point. My game started to glitch and then all of a sudden went black. It sent me to the dashboard so I tried to resume where I left off. However everytime I go back in it will act like it's about to load and then boot me back to the dashboard. Then I'll try again and it'll ask if I want to resume last session. I'll click yes and it'll prompt me to start a new character. I've made 6 different characters and have spawned in all three easy areas of the map. Either I'll travel too far from my spawn point and it'll crash, or it'll just randomly crash out of nowhere. I'm about ready to quit. I figured out how to do console commands and got back to the previous levels I had been at and nevertheless the game will crash. Just wondering if this is just on the island? Considering trying a different ark if there's hope of not crashing and losing everything. By the way all of this started happening before the aberration update. It's really no worse or better after I've downloaded the update. 

Edited by boomerangbill92

Same for me and and the other players on my server. In my experience it's completely random. Proximity to our base or dinos seems to have no effect. Sometimes I get 2 hours out of it before it crashes, sometimes 5 minutes. It's making the game unplayable. But of course, a fix will be on the back burner because they are still raking in the cash from the new dlc so it takes priority.

Hello,

I have also a full crash to the XBOX home screen playing on Ragnarok Official server. The current and latest server update 768.6 improved lag/delays much on the Island but did nothing for sudden crash while running or ground mount on Ragnarok. I never noticed the full crash on a wyvern or Argentavis on Ragnarok.

I did a test since I noticed in water I also died but on land I did not die when the game suddenly crashed to homescreen. In water I quit the ARK game at XBOX home screen. After restart I was also dead in water. Maybe we can not logout in water?

So hopefully this can help.

Regards,

Ariana

Edited by ArianaGaming