Attacked by NPC AI Human in Ark?

DarkNinjitsu

Hey guys first post here but long story short me and my friend were playing ARK Aberration and after a few days of roaming and setting up a base out of nowhere I was attacked by a level 2 ‘Human’ character who then ran into my home and stood while I killed him easily as he was completely unclothed too. My question is has this happened to anyone else? I’ve never heard of AI Humans in-game and the lobby was my own non-dedicated password protected server so it could not have been another user. On top of this the only items in the human’s inventory were a flare gun skin and a trophy of the ultimate survivor or something to that effect. 

I haven’t seen anyone have this happen to them online either so the experience has been fairly shocking lol.

Thanks in advance

It wasn’t though! As admin I checked the server log and no one else logged in or out. The specimen implant also had “human” and not player in a section. It was also simply named ‘human’ and looked fairly ‘normal’ seeing as people tend to make obscene characters or the randomiser makes monstrosities most of the time. Was a seriously strange experience. Also the trophy he held was very specific and unique.

• Volunteer Moderator

Human is one of the default character name. And the Trophy you mentions, is tied to achievement: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Survivor's_Trophy

It definitely was another player, there is no such thing as Human NPC in Ark; the only ones are the wild creatures. :)

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Human is one of the default character name. And the Trophy you mentions, is tied to achievement: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Survivor's_Trophy

It definitely was another player, there is no such thing as Human NPC in Ark; the only ones are the wild creatures. :)

Ah ok maybe ? still very spooky seeing as I never expected another player in the lobby. Thought maybe they were a recent addition or something. But still didn’t see anything in the log about another player... I play on PS4 so don’t know how easy it’d be to hack into my server like that but hey thanks for the response has been bugging me all day

• 7 months later...

hehe happened more then once to me on my PC game when i host a non dedicated session ( without PW )

We did a bossfight on hard with some random guy joining us, after a little chat he uploaded his main singleplayer caracter to do the megapithicus on hard and i let him get his caracter back off my server so he had all tek engrams on his SP caracter.

Must be because off my number of in game days on the island why i ppl wanna join ? 

I find it funny when some random comes and has a look.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the necro but, I had the same thing happen to me about six months ago. I killed a level 1 human and got an implant as a trophy while defending a drop on EX. It is a very low population password protected non-dedicated server. I am the admin and I can 100% confirm via server admin tools that no one else was logged into the server but me. The human had no clothes and dropped nothing else.

I told others about it and they all thought I was crazy until I showed them the implant that did not have a survivor ID.

Archived