spoilers! that Boss note wasn't Written by the boss

Umber0010

WARNING: This will be spoiling the Final Boss of Aberration. so if you don't want spoilers, don't read this

So as you know on the final community crunch pre-aberration we where shone what appeared to be a "boss dossier" that many believed to be Rockwell, and they where right. The final boss is indeed Rockwell. however, as I speculated, this was not the boss dossier and instead an "explorer note" written by him. However, After examining the evidence, I believe that this was NOT in fact written by Rockwell

So what evidence is there? for starters, there's the image on this Note. If you compare the face shown on here to Rockwell's face.

Spoiler

large.Aberration_Note.jpg

Dossier_Rockwell.png?version=4a4aa44ba80e218a1d8cbad7f9eee4a8

as you can (hopefully) see there's a HUGE difference between the two. For starters, Example A.(the note) appears to be more crustation like, along with having 2 sharp eyes and a mantis-like mouth. While Example B. (Rockwell) is much more of an Aberration (pun intended). With a huge misshapen jaw, 1 round eye, with the other missing, and is a bit more... human, ish.

Secondly, there's the text. If you haven't heard the Translation, allow me to enlighten/Refresh you

Spoiler

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body.   "

"I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin, and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will.   "

"The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne.     "

"Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible, and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything.   "

no as you may be able to tell, there are a few things... Off, abut this text. For starters, based on his aberration notes, The Sentences "I am not a god. I am more than that, Infinitely more" Makes sense, as we know from his aberration notes that he was trying to become a god using Element, or as he calls it, Edmanium. However, after that things start to go Arawy. His next statements are "I am Everything. This World, This ark, it is my Body." This doesn't make sense as we know that, well, he HAS a body, and we fight it.

Next he states "I can feel Every bit of it, Every footstep of man or beast that falls apon my skin, and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens by my will". Apart from the fact that we established Rockwell has a body. but the fact that he says "Everything [...] happens by my will" which doesn't make much sense, sense we can fight him, and there are terminals SPESIFICALLY FOR FIGHTING HIM.

next he says "The ones who put me here have long sense fled" Which likely applies to Helen and Mei, As they're the ones who knocked him into the lower caverns. so this line... Actually makes sense. as does the line "but though I hate them, I accept there escape" this is likely a reference to how the Helena, Mei, and the survivors of the Tek Village, used the portal they built to get to earth. Howeverm the line "it is there reward, for they placed me apon this throne" This doesn't make as much sense, As Helena and Mei didn't Turn Rockwell into that beast, He did it to himself by injecting a fusion of is own blood and Pure, molten element into his bloodstream. meaning that They didn't Put him on his "throne".

And that last line doesn't make much sense just because we can actually kill Rockwell. Multiple times for that matter

Also, another thing to note is that This is Written in the Language the Homo Deus use, which, while we don't know the properties of Element, I doubt that learning an entirely new language by injecting yourself with it is on the menu. But at the same time Element is REALLY Mysterious and Powerful stuff. So who knows

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, ShinigamiGreed said:

You can occasionally see Rockwell's tentacles slithering through the walls in certain places so I've heard.  And really, at that point, I'd take anything he said with a grain of salt; man's lost it hardcore, or at least, what's left of him has. 

he did think it would be a good idea to inject himself with molten element

maybe while he is the ark, the boss you fight is like an avatar or secondary stand-in body he assembles specifically to fight people. or, eh.. somehow when he injected himself, his mind (or his "being") left his body and started to inhabit the ark instead while still retaining control over his old, newly nasty and mutated body.

I mean who else could've written the note?

either way, that's gross Edmund.

Archived