Greenhouse Viability

Coxet79

9 minutes ago, Coxet79 said:

Has anyone tried to use greenhouses in Aberration yet? I'm curious to see if the greenhouse effect is still active even with being underground? As well, does anyone know if there are Aberrant variants of the dung beetle?

Haven't put up a greenhouse yet but I'm hoping to soon. There are dung beetles found in the bioluminescent area. I've tamed 2 so far, only consistent oil source that's not dangerous early game. 

6 minutes ago, AnAncientOrder said:

Haven't put up a greenhouse yet but I'm hoping to soon. There are dung beetles found in the bioluminescent area. I've tamed 2 so far, only consistent oil source that's not dangerous early game. 

Thanks for the tip on the dung beetles. Haven't ventured down there yet. Little bit intimidated by it. I'm hoping to start a greenhouse tonight. Will report back on it.

4 hours ago, PhilNGraves said:

I don't know if this still works, and its a bit more leveled unless you find one (possible) but chainsaws are brutally (literally) efficient at harvesting trilobites.  Gross, but effective.

Unless they changed it again, you can't learn the Chainsaw engram on official aberration servers.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Riehiko said:

I have mine on a platform next to the obi entrance by fertile lake, stone foundations with the everything else glass

I'm finding that most people who are having luck are on platforms. I wonder if that is the secret because mine was on the ground, a boat, and on top of my base. None of those options worked so I'll try a platform.

Thanks for the info

Archived