Can Aberrant animals be spawned on other maps? *Fixed*

I don't mean the brand new ones as those have spawned in fine. I'm talking the old animals that now have the shiney parts to their skin. I've tried all 3 spawn commands on the wiki but nothing came up, and I know that I had the long codes right last night because I spawned in a normal turtle and Paracer. I'm starting to think it's like the Pheonix and can only spawn in on the native map and if that's the case fair enough. At least the lantern animals work if anything.

Edit: As of today's 768.5 patch for Xbox they now spawn in.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said in my original post the brand new animals spawn in fine. It's the Aberrant versions of old creatures, like Trikes and frogs, that wouldn't spawn in with any of the codes on the wiki. Has anybody successfully spawned Aberrant versions of old creatures onto different maps? If anyone has what system do you play on and do you also own the DLC? I do not own the DLC.

Just now, ChargingParacerParacer said:

As I said in my original post the brand new animals spawn in fine. It's the Aberrant versions of old creatures, like Trikes and frogs, that wouldn't spawn in with any of the codes on the wiki. Has anybody successfully spawned Aberrant versions of old creatures onto different maps? If anyone has what system do you play on and do you also own the DLC? I do not own the DLC.

Oh I see what you're asking now.

I don't know if there are any codes for them to be honest, I am guessing right now the skins are part of the Abberation map.

That's what I'm thinking too. There's codes but I couldn't get them to work over 2 days of trying. Maybe once transfers are open it will work. It would be great to get some sort of official word though.

I haven't seen codes for them, you got a link to where you found them

Yeah I've seen people on here say that thd codds are pretty much the same but just put Aberrant between BP and c like BP_Aberrant_c. I've seen a few youtube videos spawn em in too though only on the Aberrant map. People claim it works on all maps but I can't get it to work so I'm thinking it's like the Pheonix and only spawns on native map.

nvm found the codes, spawned in an Aberrant Carby and it said that is what it is,  the glow is only visible of a night if that helps.

Now this is on PC, I would assume that you need the Abberation DLC, I haven't checked it on Xbox as yet, I might later when I get a chance as I don't have the season pass there as yet. Waiting for Wildcard or whoever has to fix, fix the discounts when it is on special and you own SE.

It may very well be that I need to own the DLC. I would think it would be the brand new creatures that you would have to pay for to use though lol. Ah well.

Well I tried this on Xbox and it didn't work,

admincheat gmsummon "Turtle_Character_BP_Aberrant_C" 300

as I said no DLC for me, so it maybe that.

How is it an odd decision to deny you access to content you have not paid for?  The glowing skins are exclusive to the Aberation map, why would you think you SHOULD be able to spawn them in?  On a side note the patches for console are usually a few behind the PC version so that could explain why it wont work on the xbox or playstation.

It's an odd decision because you can still spawn in the brand new and honestly pretty OP creatures on any map whether you bought the DLC or not as I have already confirmed I've done. You can also spawn the items in. Seems to me that the brand new, doesn't exist anywhere else content would be what would entice new purchases along with the map instead of just some reskins lol. 

Yeah I tried all 3 ways and couldn't get Aberrant versions working but could get normal versions. They are probably confined to owning the DLC for whatever reason. Go figure though the brand new animals spawn in on all maps though I have a collection of glowpets and I tried the Karkinos ans Rollrat. No real biggie that it won't work, some of the Aberrants do have very awesome looking glow patterns but my favorite land animal only seems to  have really thin glow lines on the back, barely anything for such a large dreature lol. I might as well stick with normal Paracers anyways.

22 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Yeah I tried all 3 ways and couldn't get Aberrant versions working but could get normal versions. They are probably confined to owning the DLC for whatever reason.

it cant be a DLC restriction. Game works in a way that if a blueprint for something is in client - it can be summoned in game, given you provide proper path to blueprint. And client has to contain all those dinos for compatibility with those who have the DLC and bring items/dinos to other maps. Could be a bug of sorts, for example they use different folder/file structure for XBox and command just doesnt know where to look for it.

As i only have Steam version (and i can summon all of those dinos) i cannot test for all the possible paths...

can i ask you to try this command:

admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/Turtle/Turtle_Character_BP_aberrant.Turtle_Character_BP_aberrant'" 500 0 0 150

and the one i posted earlier (exactly as it is written with all the punctuation)?

11 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

can i ask you to try this command:

admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/Turtle/Turtle_Character_BP_aberrant.Turtle_Character_BP_aberrant'" 500 0 0 150

?

I was wondering about this (instead of PrimalEarth, put Arberration there) especially since when spawning SE creatures you have to put ScorchedEarth there instead of PrimalEarth, so it is a possibility.

Also @ChargingParacerParacer if this command DarthaNyan posted doesn't work, could you try it without the _aberrant after each BP, and just put the regular _C instead? admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/Turtle/Turtle_Character_BP_C.Turtle_Character_BP_C'" 500 0 0 150

I really need to make the time to take my console into town to get it updated. I would be helping in the testing too.

5 minutes ago, MudPuppy said:

I was wondering about this (instead of PrimalEarth, put Arberration there) especially since when spawning SE creatures you have to put ScorchedEarth there instead of PrimalEarth, so it is a possibility.

was my thought as well, but on PC version they put blueprints for aberrant versions of normal dinos in PrimalEarth... still doesn't hurt to try.

7 minutes ago, MudPuppy said:

admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/Turtle/Turtle_Character_BP_C.Turtle_Character_BP_C'" 500 0 0 150

spawndino command doesnt use _C at the end. Should be:

admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/Turtle/Turtle_Character_BP.Turtle_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 150

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

spawndino command doesnt use _C at the end. Should be:

admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/Turtle/Turtle_Character_BP.Turtle_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 150

Hmm, I was looking at all the spawn commands and I do have some with and without the _C. Looks like the commands I have written down without the _C are for specific variants (Unicorn & the various types of Wyverns). And with _C are just regular creatures/dinos.

1 minute ago, MudPuppy said:

Hmm, I was looking at all the spawn commands and I do have some with and without the _C. Looks like the commands I have written down without the _C are for specific variants (Unicorn & the various types of Wyverns). And with _C are just regular creatures/dinos.

"summon" and "gmsummon" commands always use _c

"spawndino" command doesnt (shouldnt). The difference with SpawnDino is that you point it to the certain path/file.blueprint, and there is no _C file to read from (on PC version).

Archived