My Argentavis flew away.

FrankTheCaesar

I have spent half a day taming a lvl 145 argy. I leveled him  a weeks worth to 227, and on my trip to the oasis for CP, a few beavers attacked it and he flew off..never to be seen again. It was set at whatever regular settings but I don't remember animals fleeing after the first hit. He flew up and away diagonally (Actually fleeing, not a height stuck glitch) and it's been an hour without seeing it. 

Is there any way to get him back? Honestly between the absolutely toxic PVP people and things like this, I'm just gonna uninstall this game because I've wasted too much of my time just to instantly lose it. It's bad enough I'm spending all of it on a virtual game.

But if there is a way to find my bird, please tell me ? It'd literally make or break the game for me, that bird is far too valuable to a solo pvper like me.

i'd advise to get another flyer and patrol the area around at decent height (better if at nearly sky barrier level)because it just might be above outside of render distance. If you dont have another flyer, then you might want to entertain the idea of archa/terrorbird-gliding from the top of nearest mountain.

I only ever had things fly off when they were not set to passive.  Generally they get aggro, fly out to fight but then randomly land wherever they can.  Found many of our Argentivis/Pterano on the beaches or in the woods opposite our base until we started storing them inside and/or on passive outside.

If it's official unfortunately the only way I know is to use another flyer and constantly spam J (or whatever you have the whistle for All Follow Me set) in the air around the areas they were.  Make sure you check your tribe log first though to ensure you aren't looking for a dead bird.

Unofficial (if your server) or single player you can use a tool called ark-tools which can extract map data from a world save into json files for each wild and/or tamed creature on the ARK or install the Pet Finder mod.

I have had this happen to me multiple times.  The common thread was it always happened while I was underwater, and my flyer was nearby.

I now put a tracking node in all my flyers.  But if you don't have a tracker, then it is easier to find them at night using another flyer to cover more ground quickly.

Good luck!

This has happened to me 3 times. Bird was landed near water and I was off the bird and got attacked in the water and the bird flys away. It is likely way up in the trees, but it will not be close. The last time I saw the direction the argy went so I chased it, but other times you need another flyer to find it. Birds get super scared of water.

1 hour ago, Dave192 said:

Another lesson to learn is not to make 2 birds follow each other.

My Argy was following my Ptera and my Ptera was set to follow the Argy but i was riding it at the time. As soon as i dismounted they spiralled upwards trying to follow each other leaving me stranded on lava island!

Had something similar. Accidently had my Ptera set to follow my raft instead of me so when I hopped off at the top of the volcano... It was a fun parachute ride down though...LOL:$

Archived