• Announcements

• Jatheish

ARK Sales!   12/20/17

For those who've yet to experience the joys of ARK, nows your chance to get in! The discounts and sale length may vary (by region and platform) so please continue reading for further sales information! Humble Bundle Sale! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Scorched Earth ARK: Season Pass
    • Jatheish

PlayStation Connection Issues   01/23/18

We're aware of a connection issue with some of our servers at the moment. It doesn't look like it's on our end (but we are investigating). It seems related to a PSN outage: https://status.playstation.com/en-gb/ https://status.playstation.com/en-us
Rockthebeast

Preserving bin + salt not working

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is having this issue. You go out and get some wyvern eggs ready them to hatch grab some milk put it in a preserving bin grab your salt and guess what for some reason you can't put your salt in the bin!

I haven't been able to find a clear answer on how to fix this. If anyone knows please share. If not then get the attention of the devs because  they need to fix this!

Killing alphas used to be a pretty good method of getting milk but now it just spoils before you even get to use it.

Same goes for knocking out female's most the milk just spoils before you get a chance to use it.

Edited by Rockthebeast

6 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

It hasn't been possile to put salts in a bin for a while now (to my knowledge). 

I know that it hasn't worked for a while  but still to my knowledge they never told us they were gonna stop letting us use salt in a preserving bin so in my opinion it's a glitch. A glitch they haven't fixed in over a year at that!

9 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

It hasn't been possile to put salts in a bin for a while now (to my knowledge). 

you are correct good sir, preserving salts may not be placed into bins. been this way for a couple months

12 minutes ago, Rockthebeast said:

I know that it hasn't worked for a while  but still to my knowledge they never told us they were gonna stop letting us use salt in a preserving bin so in my opinion it's a glitch. A glitch they haven't fixed in over a year at that!

Hmmm.. idk then. Have you tried putting the milk in the fridge or is that glitched too?

1 minute ago, ArkRage said:

milk in the fridge or is that glitched too?

milk hasnt been allowed in a fridge for even longer than no salt in a preserving bin, iirc

Edited by ThzNutz
wordz is hard

@ThzNutz is correct, milk has been allowed in fridges maybe for few hours...? xD

Scorched Earth has been released into v246.0:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jatheish said:

v246.0
* Scorched Earth Expansion Integration!

And milk was no longer allowed in fridges in v246.3:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jatheish said:

v246.3
* Wyvern milk can no longer be put in refrigerators.  Requires Server Update.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThzNutz said:

@invincibleqc

any idea on the notes for "no salt"? been looking and cant find it xD

As far as I know, the Salt was restricted from Preserving Bin by accident and was never addressed. At least, there was never an official announcement that it was intentional. It started around v265 if I remember correctly which was the "UI pass" and I always assumed the Salt was labeled incorrectly/was pulled out the "consumable" table or something.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i remember there being a lil while where oil wouldn't go in pbins either, probably then:D

Yes, it was affecting a lot of items. Seems like everything to make Jerky was addressed into (changelog from steam, that version is not listed on STA apparently):

v265.51
- Made Preserving Bins able to take all receive all items again (necessary for Jerky making and various mods).

Maybe the Salt has been forgotten? Since there is no official words about it being intentional, I will move this thread to Bugs Report so it get the attention from the right persons. :)

Please, it is exceedingly more difficult already to raise wyverns on SE due to the quick spoil timers, but the preserving salt + preserving bin at least made it somewhat viable to transport milk (among other things ie: raw prime meat) back to base. It's obviously not a difficult bug to fix, its just a matter of getting the right person's attention before they compile a new build.