Routes Blocked Off, Beaches and Rivers??

AngryGamer666

Why do tribes on PVE continuously build their bases blocking off beaches and rivers and why does Wildcard just ignore this issue. It was rife on the Legacy servers and still as bad on the new servers as is the pillars issue too. I will not buy the new DLC until this issue is resolved. Surly there is no need for it surly you want neighbors and new players to join servers. Surly you want folks to sail or ride past your fantastic bases in awe rather then them thinking what a greedy person. Anyway like i said there is no point in myself or any new players buying DLC until this issue is sorted. 

I have to admit I'm guilty of this too - although it's a private server that I pay the rent on - I have essentially taken over the entire beach south of the Red Obelisk spanning from the west river entrance past the south river entrance and all the way past the waterfall up to the explorer notes before the start of the swamp.

It wasn't done to purposely block others, it was just a nice place to park so that I could easily find my way back using the Red Obelisk as a lay line marker I can follow back home from miles away.  Initially I didn't block the entire beach but as we have grown over the last 12 months it naturally expanded the entire area - gotta have somewhere safe to keep the egg farm, boss rexes, theriz, yuty's and daeodons - not to mention my fish pond(s).

On 12/15/2017 at 6:04 AM, AngryGamer666 said:
Why do tribes on PVE continuously build their bases blocking off beaches and rivers and why does Wildcard just ignore this issue. It was rife on the Legacy servers and still as bad on the new servers as is the pillars issue too. I will not buy the new DLC until this issue is resolved. Surly there is no need for it surly you want neighbors and new players to join servers. Surly you want folks to sail or ride past your fantastic bases in awe rather then them thinking what a greedy person. Anyway like i said there is no point in myself or any new players buying DLC until this issue is sorted. 

No, no I do not want people building right by me. Especially new people.

In all my experiences, more often than not, new people expect you to do everything for them. Then when you don't, they get mad and start doing ignorant things. New people think it's no problem for you, with your mighty base and all your Dino's to spare one or two. Especially flyers, then they go out and get them killed, and come back asking for more because they never learned how to tame anything nice for themselves.

On the other side of your topic, people building here and there places you feel they shouldn't, it's thier base. They put it right where they wanted it for thier own reasons. People think they should have a say or have the right to question where people build on pve servers.. no... No you don't. Let them do their thing you do yours.

As far as blocking Rivers go, I can see why someone would want to build that way, so you could pull your boat right up to your base. Makes sense. I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. I like building in the swamp. Less chances for new people as they can't really survive there. Titanboas gators n such keep them away. Last time I checked blocking water ways was against the rules so if they are doing it and it's terrible bothering/hendering you and other players, report them.

• Volunteer Moderator

blocking pathways is an actionable offense, you would need to submit a support ticket and see what they can do, included link below. there is nothing that can be done about this issue through the forums, so i am locking this thread:)

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us  

Archived