Aberration Dinos and Kibble

Skiidzman

Ok, so I have scoured all over aberration. I am a little confused, as sure there are some new Dinos and a few pre-existing ones like stego, dodo, lystro, and spinos. But with spinos for example, they require a kibble that you cannot acquire in aberration.  There honestly doesn't seem to be a lot of variety when it comes tout Dinos in general.  So what gives? What is the purpose if there is only like 15 different Dinos down there? Sure we can make element but is that the sole purpose? I figured most of the pre-existing Dinos would surely make an appearance.

4 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

I think perhaps your search hasn't been as extensive as you had hoped. 

Here is a list of spawn commands.  Scroll down the list to get to the section on Aberrant creatures.  You'll likely find quite a few that you have overlooked.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_IDs

Sure, I checked the list. There is some more yes, but still not anywhere near enough variety. The different Dinos are what makes Ark fun long term. whats the deal with getting rid of kibble tames, as well?  We just all suppose to have crappy, long tames, did I mention long??

• Volunteer Moderator

Spinos won't stop preferring Argentavis Kibbles just because they are unfortunate enough to be into an environment where the atmosphere is too toxic for pigeons to migrate to. You could always use Raw Mutton as well, and wait for x2 events to only lose 3 bonus levels. :)

Spoiler

Ulq3m5Y.jpg

I would imagine that much like Scorched Earth they selected the creatures they felt best fit the environment and terrain there, and from a game design perspective wanted to avoid the animal life on these alternative biomes ending up identical to the Island ARK with a few extra's thrown in here and there.

As far as kibble goes, as mentioned above there are recognizable alternatives available already, and it also quite possible that time and experimentation will reveal alternative foods there that will work as kibble does for these mutated versions (various mushrooms, etc.).  That's only speculation though.  Since the kibble system is slated to be reworked anyway I don't think it's going to end up mattering too much in the long run.

So I sat down for 5hours yesterday to tame a 130 anky on an Official server. It came out lvl 158 and it helps alot but in the end it makes no sense to not be able to use kibble/find kibble dinos.

The kibble system has atleast an order that helps you to kind of 'climb a ladder'. I always liked that in ARK , it takes Time to get kibble started with the stuff you need to make it but it pays off. 

And if there would be alternatives for herbivores I'd be ok with it but I believe there are none atm.

And spending 5h + to tame an essential farming dino isnt enjoyable and doesnt help the game at all.

And or they simply will release content such as the rest of the cable and time Holy poop man! do not tame an ankylo for 5 hours. You crazy sob. They are hoping to delay players from beating them map too quickly and/ or they simply will release content such as the rest of the kibble in time. The recipes are up for the new eggs but unable to make into kibble yet. Patience it will happen.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, darkdragon961 said:

So I sat down for 5hours yesterday to tame a 130 anky on an Official server. It came out lvl 158 and it helps alot but in the end it makes no sense to not be able to use kibble/find kibble dinos.

The kibble system has atleast an order that helps you to kind of 'climb a ladder'. I always liked that in ARK , it takes Time to get kibble started with the stuff you need to make it but it pays off. 

And if there would be alternatives for herbivores I'd be ok with it but I believe there are none atm.

And spending 5h + to tame an essential farming dino isnt enjoyable and doesnt help the game at all.

You need to get off official servers, you need some boost in your life. Try a 10x taming boosted server and you will never go back.

On 16/12/2017 at 9:22 PM, BaldBudgie said:

What do you need a anky for anyway? Pickaxe and Ravager is the new anky and quetz. 9_9

I thought that Anky + Karkinos was the new Anky + Quetz meta? - I haven't got a Karkinos yet and I'm setup in the first lakes at the broken track from the easiest portal area where the cave is.  I currently use a weight levelled Sarco and a metal pick axe to collect the 4 metal rich nodes there - 2 in the river by the bridge supports and 2 on the island near the cave with a couple crystal nodes and some red trip shrooms.

11 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

I thought that Anky + Karkinos was the new Anky + Quetz meta? - I haven't got a Karkinos yet and I'm setup in the first lakes at the broken track from the easiest portal area where the cave is.  I currently use a weight levelled Sarco and a metal pick axe to collect the 4 metal rich nodes there - 2 in the river by the bridge supports and 2 on the island near the cave with a couple crystal nodes and some red trip shrooms.

Yes it might be for some. Where my base is though, there's some vertical travel to the blue metal rocks, so i bring 4 ravagers and load them up. Its more effective than a solo whistle quetz+anky run thats for sure. 

14 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Karkinos is awesome with anky. So far I havent dropped the ank by walking into a wall, which is what made the quetz frustrating.

For carnivores raw mutton is a decent alternative to kibble in most cases and there seems to be an abundance of Ovis around the Aberration map instead of them being rare as rocking horse as per The Island.  Similar timing and only a couple less levels of efficiency. 

When it comes to herbivores though we definitely need an alternative - or a kibble re-work with map specific kibble trees.  Ankylo as an example for Aberration using both berries and the more advanced crops for a 150 tame would be almost 6.5 hours vs. just under 1.5 hours for the equivalent kibble tame (Dilo - which isn't available on the map). 

6.5 hours in the hostile environments of Aberration - without additional PvP incidents for a metal collector is some serious dedication - especially if the timing has it taming during a 90/10 night/day cycle.

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2018 at 12:53 PM, iratyousyougaisya said:

i made 7dilo kibble in china island

Nice, and completely pointless necro. What even IS china island, and you can't make Dilo kibble in Aberration, since you can't get Dilos in Aberration. Sure, you can now transfer the kibble, but honestly they shoulda reworked the Aberration kibble tree a bit - Each Aberration dino IS different from their normal versions after all. Aberrant Dodos should provide the eggs for Aberrant Ankys and Doeds. Aberrant Raptors should provide the eggs for Aberrant Paracers, and Aberrant Stegos should provide the kibble for Aberrant Spinos, ect.

In fact, it should be something like this...

Aberrant Dimorphodon->Aberrant Dimetrodon->Aberrant Baryonyx->  A. Diplocaulus

Aberrant Dodo->Aberrant Doed+Aberrant Turtle+Aberrant Ankylo->A. Carno->A. Trike->A. Sarco->A. Stego-> A. Spino-> A. Anglerfish

Aberrant Parasaur-> Aberrant Raptor-> A. Iguanodon->A. Megalosaur-> A. Paracer.

Thus, we have a complete kibble tree for Aberration dinos

• 5 months later...

Archived