Thank you for continued disappointment

TrumpTrain

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Yes many people may be disappointed for several things but to say that Wildcard doesn’t listen at all, is just plain wrong.

And why would that be, exactly?

Because a moderator (Not a developer, or really anyone with any position within Wildcard as it pertains to the game), commented on a thread, moderating it, as is his job?

The problem isn't that Wildcard isn't listening, exactly. To be frank, it seems like when they get feedback, it takes them so incredibly long to process, react or do anything about it that it's easily perceived as not listening. Similar to the support and play-testing issues. If it takes then 4-6 months to internalize feedback, that is 4-6 months that certain issues have been ruining the play-experience of the game. 

Duping and meshing are perfect examples. Not only have they not done anything about them, they don't actively punish people abusing them on their official servers, and they have basically never released any amount of information as to how or why these issues can't be fixed. They've simply ignored them, and when possible, suppressed any meaningful discussion on the very fact that they exist. 

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

And why would that be, exactly?

Because a moderator (Not a developer, or really anyone with any position within Wildcard as it pertains to the game), commented on a thread, moderating it, as is his job?

The problem isn't that Wildcard isn't listening, exactly. To be frank, it seems like when they get feedback, it takes them so incredibly long to process, react or do anything about it that it's easily perceived as not listening. Similar to the support and play-testing issues. If it takes then 4-6 months to internalize feedback, that is 4-6 months that certain issues have been ruining the play-experience of the game. 

Duping and meshing are perfect examples. Not only have they not done anything about them, they don't actively punish people abusing them on their official servers, and they have basically never released any amount of information as to how or why these issues can't be fixed. They've simply ignored them, and when possible, suppressed any meaningful discussion on the very fact that they exist. 

Can you provide any actual proof of duping on the new official servers? Because it appears all of the people making these claims have no evidence and are talking complete BS.

I sympathise with Wildcard having to sieve through all the said BS to find the actual claims, wasting time because people are quick to shout “they must be cheating”.

3 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

This is categorically false. 

How so?

The exact same methods of duping that worked, and I saw threads on/reported, two weeks into the steam release of the game. Still work. The same is true of meshing.

It's the "Tree falls in the forest" principle. I don't doubt, logically, that they have tried to fix them. If I recall, they've even switched the methods of transferring, the key component in the duping conundrum, but nothing has been done to stop it, fix it.

This is the whole dearth of communication I cited earlier. I've played since steam release. I found out how to dupe, accidentally, and can still with the same method, reliably reproduce the results on official servers. It's been reported, here, on reddit, on the tester discord, on steam discussion hub. Videos have been made of it multiple times, and you can find them via google searches, assuming you know even the fraction of what to search for. What conclusions am I to logically reach when the state of the game is identical, and they communicate absolutely nothing about the situation. 

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Can you provide any actual proof of duping on the new official servers? Because it appears all of the people making these claims have no evidence and are talking complete BS.

I sympathise with Wildcard having to sieve through all the said BS to find the actual claims, wasting time because people are quick to shout “they must be cheating”.

I would be banned, again. I've tried. 

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Beat me to it.

I've never seen someone claim that someone beat them to say something patently incorrect. 

Guest DJRone89
6 minutes ago, iAmE said:

How so?

The exact same methods of duping that worked, and I saw threads on/reported, two weeks into the steam release of the game. Still work. The same is true of meshing.

It's the "Tree falls in the forest" principle. I don't doubt, logically, that they have tried to fix them. If I recall, they've even switched the methods of transferring, the key component in the duping conundrum, but nothing has been done to stop it, fix it.

This is the whole dearth of communication I cited earlier. I've played since steam release. I found out how to dupe, accidentally, and can still with the same method, reliably reproduce the results on official servers. It's been reported, here, on reddit, on the tester discord, on steam discussion hub. Videos have been made of it multiple times, and you can find them via google searches, assuming you know even the fraction of what to search for. What conclusions am I to logically reach when the state of the game is identical, and they communicate absolutely nothing about the situation. 

I would be banned, again. I've tried. 

I've never seen someone claim that someone beat them to say something patently incorrect. 

The burden of proof relies on the person who make the claims so if you can’t provide any then I call BS.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, iAmE said:

I would be banned, again. I've tried

Nobody has ever been banned for sending proof of exploits to info@survivetheark.com or submitting it in a support ticket. 

You can’t, however, post them on the Community Forums. For what, you would think, would be obvious reasons. 

Can anyone categorically prove there is no duping, undermeshing or other exploits being used now?

Without hard evidence of no exploits we may have reached the BS equivelance xD

I'm not saying Wildcard haven't done anything about it, but the devs will always be one step behind. The hole in the fence isn't always visible until someone pushes their way through it, you patch the hole and they find a new one and so it goes on.

25 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Can anyone categorically prove there is no duping, undermeshing or other exploits being used now?

Without hard evidence of no exploits we may have reached the BS equivelance xD

I'm not saying Wildcard haven't done anything about it, but the devs will always be one step behind. The hole in the fence isn't always visible until someone pushes their way through it, you patch the hole and they find a new one and so it goes on.

No one can prove that duping, undermeshing, or other general exploits aren't happening, and I don't think anyone's suggesting someone should prove it. It is easy, however, to prove that Wildcard has addressed duping and undermeshing, along with a host of other exploits.

When it comes to duping and undermeshing exploits (among others), even a basic level of anecdotal evidence makes it fairly obvious that both have been addressed by Wildcard. Pair that anecdotal evidence with the multitude of people regularly complaining about inconvenient side effect of a dupe-preventing mechanic, and it is mind-boggling that someone could still have their head deep enough in a hole to believe that WC has never addressed it.

I think the biggest issue is people who aren't familiar with the difference between patching an exploit and preventing it from ever happening again.

No one can prove that duping, undermeshing, or other general exploits aren't happening, and I don't think anyone's suggesting someone should prove it. It is easy, however, to prove that Wildcard has addressed duping and undermeshing, along with a host of other exploits.
When it comes to duping and undermeshing exploits (among others), even a basic level of anecdotal evidence makes it fairly obvious that both have been addressed by Wildcard. Pair that anecdotal evidence with the multitude of people regularly complaining about inconvenient side effect of a dupe-preventing mechanic, and it is mind-boggling that someone could still have their head deep enough in a hole to believe that WC has never addressed it.
I think the biggest issue is people who aren't familiar with the difference between patching an exploit and preventing it from ever happening again.
Not taking a side here but Lou has a point. I remember back in the day when Minecraft was the biggest thing my group of friends played. Every single update they did they fixed the duplicating glitches.. and every single week after a update YouTube was filled new dupe methods. So he is correct is saying the devs have took steps to fix the dupe glitch... But that certainty doesn't mean people won't still find a way.

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

Ummm Dude, @Chris isn't a Mod, He's WCS staff... Specifically Head of Web & Video. You make some solid points from time to time, but you should really learn who people are in the company if you are going to criticize their work. Also, it's still a small company, which means they are all Devs & wear many hats per head.... That's an indirect quote from @Jatheish BTW.

48 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Congrats, you just described the process of finding bugs/exploits... So knowing that, why would you ask the impossible????

Just now, anubis3691 said:

Not taking a side here but Lou has a point. I remember back in the day when Minecraft was the biggest thing my group of friends played. Every single update they did they fixed the duplicating glitches.. and every single week after a update YouTube was filled new dupe methods. So he is correct is saying the devs have took steps to fix the dupe glitch... But that certainty doesn't mean people won't still find a way.

It's the same crap with pretty much every online game. GTA5 is a great example. Modding has been rampant for years now...but it comes in waves. A new mod tool comes out, a bunch of people install it, wreck stuff, money dump, and then they get banned and the exploit is patched. 3 weeks later, lather, rinse, repeat. The same silly "u never fixd haxxors!" threads exist on R* forums too. 

Loool wasn't it called mouse pads map hack? Made them meph and andy runs so much faster [emoji14]
Yes! That's the one I originally got banned with as well... Lol.. then I moved to d2nt, then I got lucky and got Project 2.0 from a friend and became a god... Maphack, auto tele, tele stomp, tpnk, mf bot, far cast, pick it, all in one. It's was gg lol.

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I was not saying that Wildcard haven't done anything, but, was calling into question those people who seem to think because someone only has anecdotal evidence of duping they must be talking BS. 

The standard for evidence should be the same on both sides, hence the BS equivalence comment.

I also tried to highlight for those complaining about duping etc still existing  that they need to have realistic expectations when it comes to exploits as wildcard cannot preempt every instance and provide insta-patching to prevent it. 

2 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Congrats, you just described the process of finding bugs/exploits... So knowing that, why would you ask the impossible????

I think you may be missing my point. 

I was trying to highlight a double standard in relation to the evidence required and a certain degree of ostrich style head in the sand on one side, and unrealistic expectations on the other.

I know Wildcard are trying hard to catch up in a race where the exploiters will always have a head start. It's not something I have ever critcised Wildcard about beacuse I haven't any reason the believe that they aren't doing their best to keep the game as exploit free as they can.

However there is clearly a double standard set by some who feel it is fine to call BS to the suggestion that there is exploiting still occurring without being able to prove that it isn't.  Surely the same level of factual proof that the game is exploit free is required before you can say that the claim is BS? This is typical head in the sand attitude "I've never seen it so it doesn't exist" 

All rise, court is adjourned for both parties to prepare evidence xD

13 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

I was not saying that Wildcard haven't done anything, but, was calling into question those people who seem to think because someone only has anecdotal evidence of duping they must be talking BS. 

The standard for evidence should be the same on both sides, hence the BS equivalence comment.

I also tried to highlight for those complaining about duping etc still existing  that they need to have realistic expectations when it comes to exploits as wildcard cannot preempt every instance and provide insta-patching to prevent it. 

I was trying to highlight a double standard in relation to the evidence required and a certain degree of ostrich style head in the sand on one side, and unrealistic expectations on the other.

I know Wildcard are trying hard to catch up in a race where the exploiters will always have a head start. It's not something I have ever critcised Wildcard about beacuse I haven't any reason the believe that they aren't doing their best to keep the game as exploit free as they can.

However there is clearly a double standard set by some who feel it is fine to call BS to the suggestion that there is exploiting still occurring without being able to prove that it isn't.  Surely the same level of factual proof that the game is exploit free is required before you can say that the claim is BS? This is typical head in the sand attitude "I've never seen it so it doesn't exist" 

Fair enough, and I agree on the head in the sand attitude.... Lord knows I've had people call BS for that very reason in many occasions in these forums. ?

Guest DJRone89
52 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

As an atheist I love the phrase, “the burden of proof relies on the one who makes the claims” same with this instance of duping. Duping does not exist until the person claiming it happens can prove it. I call BS because it’s not my duty to prove that something isn’t happening, that’s the default.

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

As an atheist I love the phrase, “the burden of proof relies on the one who makes the claims” same with this instance of duping. Duping does not exist until the person claiming it happens can prove it. I call BS because it’s not my duty to prove that something isn’t happening, that’s the default.

your BS cancels out their BS

Duping has existed, so the comparison with atheism is not a good analogy

Archived