Thank you for continued disappointment

TrumpTrain

After playing this game very often over the course of 2 years I am still astonished by how many issues in the game exist that have existed for the entirety of me playing the game. I have enjoyed the hours I have put into this game and will continue to play because of my love for it, but I just wish they would've done more performance/bug fixes before taking the game out of early access.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IamTANK said:

i fully agree.

i want to say that i think ark is a great game. it has all the things that interest me as an adult gamer. i work hard long hours and love the freedom ark provides to accommodate my play style and schedule. 

im 36 years old and sadly my reflexes are not what they used to be and i dont have the free time i once had. so dedicated lets me still pvp/pve with the settings that make it doable for me.

my problems with ark have nothing to do with game design, and everything to do with lack of communication  and broken expectations. 

i understand that stuff happens. for example the win 10 patch that failed isnt really what made me mad. it was that i spent a day trouble shooting my pc thinking the problem was on my end. all that wasted time could have been avoided with a simple 2 min tweet. i find it hard to believe that no one at wc knew the patch faild cert and that no one had 2 mins of time to post that info anywhere.

after hassling them for a day i got a snobby (in my opinion) reply on twitter saying that the patch wasn't even necessary.  its necessary for the way i play ark. as running win 10 dedi requires the ability to save. that comment gave me the impression that people who run/play on dedis are not important to wc. as they dont view them working properly as a necessary function. and because of this is why they never announced the patch fail. because us cross play dedi hosters arnt important enough to bother informing.

it really bothers me.

Again, a perfect example of valid criticism the Devs need to hear & pay attention to. Unfortunately with all the "You Suck" and "Fix your Game" type responses, I feel the important stuff gets lost in the mud so to speak.

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

All 3 of you are touching on an issue that has and will continue to be the biggest obstacle I encounter in my in my profession: Just because you can build an amazing ship doesn't mean you should be the Captain. Once the ole girl is floating, bring in someone who can steer it in the right direction. I've watched far too many companies fail for that precise reason. Hopefully WC is figuring that out because their potential is high.

It's ironic how often the owner with the great idea thinks they can be a "Jack of all Trades" and ends up killing his/her own success.

56 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Again, a perfect example of valid criticism the Devs need to hear & pay attention to. Unfortunately with all the "You Suck" and "Fix your Game" type responses, I feel the important stuff gets lost in the mud so to speak.

But even that is sort of their fault. The mud is of their own creation. 

1 minute ago, iAmE said:

But even that is sort of their fault. The mud is of their own creation. 

Fair point, but as Mom used to say 2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because someone screws up, it doesn't entitle those with complaints to act like a bunch of spoiled brats or dare I say it, ignorant A holes.

4 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Fair point, but as Mom used to say 2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because someone screws up, it doesn't entitle those with complaints to act like a bunch of spoiled brats or dare I say it, ignorant A holes.

Certainly but to that point, both sides are kind of acting that way lmao. 

2 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

i will admit sometimes my temper gets the better of me  in the heat of the moment when something irritating is fresh , but i try to be civilized  as much as i can.

Wow A public "dear Ark dev im buthurt and mad post." we never seen one of these before!..... *rolls eyes* 

How many more of these posts are we gonna see? I normally ignore these flaming posts but I'm seriously tired of them. If you don't like the game,then just stop playing. whining just irritates the players that do like the game!

54 minutes ago, LordVargar said:

Wow A public "dear Ark dev im buthurt and mad post." we never seen one of these before!..... *rolls eyes* 

How many more of these posts are we gonna see? I normally ignore these flaming posts but I'm seriously tired of them. If you don't like the game,then just stop playing. whining just irritates the players that do like the game!

You don't seem to understand, possibly anything about these posts. If anything, your description of this post seems to be more apt to describing *your* post, then this one.

We like Ark. We enjoy playing it. We give our feedback, and take the time we do to write these posts, to express our discontent with the direction that the game is going, because we care about the game. Likely, given this post, to a much greater degree then you do. So please, if you don't have anything constructive, meaningful, or even logical to add to the collective conversation about improving the game, please refrain from flaming those of us who do. 

5 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Asking what you paid for is being spoiled now?

And a lot of it is obvious issues. We've seen a yuty we try to tame fall over in midair and we had to put down a scaffold to tame it. The dinos are dumb as raptor, run into things; get stuck on things or decide to attack things they have no business attacking.

The ingame animations have needed a boost since forever now. They had better animations in Conan Exiles and that just makes things so much more pleasant to look at. The Linux port (despite making quite a few huge improvements previous release) has some atrocious bugs out standing that the players using those versions get confronted with daily.

The christmas music they got for the holidays? It's not playing for us. Lush grasslands look like mordor over here and the caves are overbright or don't render properly for Linux users. Then there's the issue of the servers slingshotting people into buildings, floors, other dinos because the servers are dealing with a slowdown. A slowdown so bad and so recurring that the imprint timer can count down to zero 30 minutes later than the timer would indicate in the real world (so 8 hours becomes 8 hours 30 minutes).

This is not about being demanding or spoiled, this is about getting what you paid for. It basically is like the OP says buying a car without an engine. And gameplay holds up, people are entertained (in some weird masochistic way), but the potential for this game is soooo much greater when bugs get fixed and some necessary suggestions get implemented. And here is also the next issue: the fact ARK is so broken and does not fulfill its contract means we cannot advertise this game properly. We have to tell people that the game is full of bugs and may not render the way that was promised in the trailers (putting it on the level of Colonial Marines; which it doesn't deserve). Nevermind the fact that some people will be withholding suggestions and feedback because they don't believe it will be executed properly.

Multi player the minority are you hearing what your saying it's literally in the name multi player thousands of servers packed with around 100-150 players per server round the clock yes I know 70/70 but think about the time zones ect unofficial is pay to play so yes expect less lag god mode players but there are a lot less player dedicated servers those that are there claim to not tyrants but we all know other wise all this aside tho you are all arguing each other when the real tyrant is wc join as one and get all our voices herd

37 minutes ago, Trainingmacro said:

Asking what you paid for is being spoiled now?

And a lot of it is obvious issues. We've seen a yuty we try to tame fall over in midair and we had to put down a scaffold to tame it. The dinos are dumb as raptor, run into things; get stuck on things or decide to attack things they have no business attacking.

The ingame animations have needed a boost since forever now. They had better animations in Conan Exiles and that just makes things so much more pleasant to look at. The Linux port (despite making quite a few huge improvements previous release) has some atrocious bugs out standing that the players using those versions get confronted with daily.

The christmas music they got for the holidays? It's not playing for us. Lush grasslands look like mordor over here and the caves are overbright or don't render properly for Linux users. Then there's the issue of the servers slingshotting people into buildings, floors, other dinos because the servers are dealing with a slowdown. A slowdown so bad and so recurring that the imprint timer can count down to zero 30 minutes later than the timer would indicate in the real world (so 8 hours becomes 8 hours 30 minutes).

This is not about being demanding or spoiled, this is about getting what you paid for. It basically is like the OP says buying a car without an engine. And gameplay holds up, people are entertained (in some weird masochistic way), but the potential for this game is soooo much greater when bugs get fixed and some necessary suggestions get implemented. And here is also the next issue: the fact ARK is so broken and does not fulfill its contract means we cannot advertise this game properly. We have to tell people that the game is full of bugs and may not render the way that was promised in the trailers (putting it on the level of Colonial Marines; which it doesn't deserve). Nevermind the fact that some people will be withholding suggestions and feedback because they don't believe it will be executed properly.

Ummm... TLDR please. Also you paid for a copy of the game, nothing more... The game itself runs well, public servers are the issue, and that no one other then Wildcard pays for.

27 minutes ago, GDSMCLARK1994 said:

Multi player the minority are you hearing what your saying it's literally in the name multi player thousands of servers packed with around 100-150 players per server round the clock yes I know 70/70 but think about the time zones ect unofficial is pay to play so yes expect less lag god mode players but there are a lot less player dedicated servers those that are there claim to not tyrants but we all know other wise all this aside tho you are all arguing each other when the real tyrant is wc join as one and get all our voices herd

Over 10 million copies sold, last estimate of players on official servers was about 1 million.... That's less then 10% so yes the minority. It's simple math, and multiplayer is no where in the name. Even if it was, unofficial servers are far larger in number then official.

I absolutely love how you attempt to act incredibly intelligent but can't actually form a decent sentence. Not to mention, I've put nearly 3k hours in this game and only a few times has it been "unplayable". In the rare instances it was "unplayable" and at the fault of WC it was fixed within a day or two. You sound like an angry child that just had their pacifier taken from them.

2 hours ago, GDSMCLARK1994 said:

You are a minority. Every poll ran and the online count of users over steam alone shows that official servers are an absolute minority. You might not like the math but it's an irrefutable fact.

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Ummm... TLDR please. Also you paid for a copy of the game, nothing more... The game itself runs well, public servers are the issue, and that no one other then Wildcard pays for.

Over 10 million copies sold, last estimate of players on official servers was about 1 million.... That's less then 10% so yes the minority. It's simple math, and multiplayer is no where in the name. Even if it was, unofficial servers are far larger in number then official.

Sorry but I think you are wrong on this. The advertising says it is multiplayer, it doesn't need to be in the title.

Wildcard also say there will be official servers in the promotional information that is provided on their store page. The below is all quoted directly from Wildcards own advertising. 

In face of this the "you only paid for a copy of the game nothing else" argument really doesn't hold water as Wildcard give prospective buyers the expectation that official servers will be available when they purchase their game

"team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

These gargantuan monstrosities provide an end-game goal for the most experienced groups of players and their armies of tames, and will yield extremely valuable progression items if they are defeated.

Everything can be looted & stolen, so to achieve security you must build-up, team-up

to aid exploring with other players, whom you can communicate with via proximity text & voice chat, or long-distance radio.

On the 100+ player servers, your character, everything you built, and your tames, stay in-game even when you leave. You can even physically travel your character and items between the network of ARK's by accessing the Obelisks and uploading (or downloading) your data from the Steam Economy! A galaxy of ARKs, each slightly different than the previous, to leave your mark on and conquer, one at a time -- special official ARKs will be unveiled on the World-map for limited times in singular themed events with corresponding limited-run items! "

4 hours ago, LordVargar said:

you may disagree , but i feel like any product i spend my hard earned money on , no matter how much money, i have the right to express how i feel about said product.

2 hours ago, DeanWinchester2017 said:

I absolutely love how you attempt to act incredibly intelligent but can't actually form a decent sentence. Not to mention, I've put nearly 3k hours in this game and only a few times has it been "unplayable". In the rare instances it was "unplayable" and at the fault of WC it was fixed within a day or two. You sound like an angry child that just had their pacifier taken from them.

the month straight my xbox dedi crashed on load along with many others begs to differ. how long were xbox dedis unable to save recently? just because it doesn't happen in your chosen game mode doesnt mean we are making it up.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, IamTANK said:

the month straight my xbox dedi crashed on load along with many others begs to differ. how long were xbox dedis unable to save recently? just because it doesn't happen in your chosen game mode doesnt mean we are making it up.

Ignore them. They seem like the sort of person that denies bugs exist because they haven’t experienced them first hand.

11 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Sorry but I think you are wrong on this. The advertising says it is multiplayer, it doesn't need to be in the title.

Wildcard also say there will be official servers in the promotional information that is provided on their store page. The below is all quoted directly from Wildcards own advertising. 

In face of this the "you only paid for a copy of the game nothing else" argument really doesn't hold water as Wildcard give prospective buyers the expectation that official servers will be available when they purchase their game

"team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

These gargantuan monstrosities provide an end-game goal for the most experienced groups of players and their armies of tames, and will yield extremely valuable progression items if they are defeated.

Everything can be looted & stolen, so to achieve security you must build-up, team-up

to aid exploring with other players, whom you can communicate with via proximity text & voice chat, or long-distance radio.

On the 100+ player servers, your character, everything you built, and your tames, stay in-game even when you leave. You can even physically travel your character and items between the network of ARK's by accessing the Obelisks and uploading (or downloading) your data from the Steam Economy! A galaxy of ARKs, each slightly different than the previous, to leave your mark on and conquer, one at a time -- special official ARKs will be unveiled on the World-map for limited times in singular themed events with corresponding limited-run items! "

I'm sorry you have trouble facing reality. I hope things work out for you in life.

Guest DJRone89

@Chris Prime example of Wildcard taking the time to read through our posts. Though your comment may have been for moderation reasons, I doubt you were called upon because someone reported something.

People will carry on shouting “Wildcard don’t care” but then are lost for words when nerfs like the Griffin come about. An educated guess would be that you guys took notes from the thread in question and balanced accordingly.

Yes many people may be disappointed for several things but to say that Wildcard doesn’t listen at all, is just plain wrong.

Archived