Thank you for continued disappointment

TrumpTrain

@Masurao

Yes, you are right. Unofficial servers can dissappear when the administration gets fed up with it. But that usually lies partially with the people playing there as well.

As pointed out by ranger, a good server / cluster attracts people. I habe a small one, with vanilla settings except breeding. And I have people joining, I have people leaving, I have regular and friends playing.

And they offered to help pay now and then. And we all play or own thing, but we also help one another. Even if it's pvp.

There are great communities out there.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say, the game comes with loads of disappointment. However, the good heavily outweighs the bad. I started playing ark since its inception as well. I currently own it on PC, PS4, and now Xbox One with all expansion packs. I have played PVP servers, PVE servers, Survival of the Fittest, Custom servers, aberration, scorched earth, ragnarok, primal plus...

Yes, you die from nonsense. Yes you lose stuff. Yes dinosaurs are dumb. Yes you might not get your house anywhere near what you want due to coding. Yes you might have a random dinosaur tear down your home..

But... thats kinda the point. Survive. This game is best enjoyed with other players and close friends. Each game is different, each server is a new adventure of possibilities. And seeing your friends do dumb crap in all of them is amazing every time.

The game is what you make it. Riddle it with negativity and of course its not gonna be fun.

I have supported this game since day 1 knowing this game was a work in progress. I had so much hope that they'd keep making this game a better and more fun experience for their players. Until the "full release". A lot of people I play with, including me, are getting fed up with problem after problem. Yes, it has come a long way, but it seems with every "fix" comes a new problem! This should not be the case for a "complete game". Previous issues should be taken care of before new content is released, causing more issues. I'm currently on an official server. Since the turret update, my game crashes every 15 minutes. This is extremely frustrating! It makes me not want to play, so I can relate to this post.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using SurviveTheArk Community mobile app

Not everyone is playing "private".
There are a lot of player who wont play, who didnt play on Unofficial any time.
Sad that the whole community seems to be only private/unofficial players.
Because everyone who enjoys the game is telling to be a private server owner.
Or someone who is looking for new private servers, because they had to leave the previous one...

Guest chancho33015

I can say...if you got money like I anything you get to customize everything to your liking in ark and have in your hands the perfect game. If you are playing as a broke person or simply don't want to play you have to suck it up and allow dissatisfaction to exist since you are at the hands of people who I am guessing "devs" play on private servers and they don't see the problems....

So for those who are currently playing in "modded" servers...give official a try.... and then you can judge lol I tried both...TOTALLY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE! [emoji14]

1 minute ago, chancho33015 said:

I can say...if you got money like I anything you get to customize everything to your liking in ark and have in your hands the perfect game. If you are playing as a broke person or simply don't want to play you have to suck it up and allow dissatisfaction to exist since you are at the hands of people who I am guessing "devs" play on private servers and they don't see the problems....

So for those who are currently playing in "modded" servers...give official a try.... and then you can judge lol I tried both...TOTALLY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE! emoji14.png

Most of us did.
It's the reason we play unofficial....

8 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Not understanding and refusing to see the obvious are two different things. They told everyone Official wouldn't wipe... And then what happened.

There is only one way to guarantee a server sticks around, and that is to own the box it is on and manage it yourself... ANY other way and it is in the control/fate of other human decision or error.

Truth is unofficial's have a higher likelihood of being around in 5 years then any official. Suggesting otherwise is just an excuse and a false perception of reality. It's a business, those servers cost money and are subject to wipe & closure any time it makes financial sense. 

...So, I'm "refusing to see the obvious" because you immediately jumped to conclusions in thinking that I was speaking about something that I completely wasn't..? Interesting method of debating you have there as I've noticed.

Sure though, I'll entertain it; they may have wiped legacy servers but regardless they were around for quite a decent amount of time considering how long the game's been out. I'll say it again: We had fair enough warning - not to mention some of us( myself included) were ready for a server wipe when a game gets released considering the added fact that I haven't played a game yet that allowed you to keep the items you earned in the alpha/beta phases. It was an inevitability regardless, and anyone who believed otherwise was already in the wrong; they should know how most MMO games work by now. Yes, it meant tossing away hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work...but then again, someone can go ahead and do that while you were sleeping any ways, now couldn't they? It made no difference.

Not everyone has a rig. Not everyone has the time and money to continue to throw in additional fees when the company itself should be taking care of such a task. By your logic, wildcard should simply get rid of any and all official servers - they won't be played anymore any ways - and nearly completely adopt a pay-to-play atmosphere with a monthly subscription fee. It can't be like other games with servers readily available to be enjoyed that are there for you once you've bought the game.

The likelihood of unofficial server so outliving officials are actually pretty slim, considering that unless they adopt the method I've stated above, the officials will be around as longas the company stands...whereas unofficial can still disappear at the drop of a hat...without he warning that we were all given. You may choose to continue to refuse that fact, but I've already been on several that went up in a puff of smoke, so that ideology will 'never' fly with me.

I'm already aware of your adamant attitude that dictates that your opinions are the only correct ones, as noted by the fact that you'd just tossed in an unmentioned statement and began to build upon it despite my debunking, so I feel we just won't see eye-to-eye much. Thats cool too.

Neither of us has any say regardless. Its just nice to know how other people think. Its a social game, after all.

Say @TrumpTrain you said you worked in tech, but have you ever worked in the game industry? Even if not, try to imagine how much potential for bugs a game with huge maps like this has. Then add the amount of stuff the player can do and build and add the diversity of wildlife. I, having worked in the Industry (in QA btw...) would wonder a lot more if there were no bugs and everything would be smooth even with a big QA-Team. Not speaking of the devtools - this is an Unreal Engine game - the engine might not work in every way like the devs envisioned it.

For the way this game was published and the content it has, it's bugcount is incredibly low. And this much care and fixes after release when the main dev-cycle is no more... Good luck finding other devellopers that treat their product with equal care.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to silence your criticism - criticism is good as long as it's constructive, but you open a topic and rant as the game wouldn't even start. Be precise about what you don't like and where you find bugs, then we can see, if it's just personal preference or a balance oversight. But one way or another, by just ranting and not pointing to your problems, the game won't get any better, at least not due to you.

12 hours ago, Masurao said:

...So, I'm "refusing to see the obvious" because you immediately jumped to conclusions in thinking that I was speaking about something that I completely wasn't..? Interesting method of debating you have there as I've noticed.

Sure though, I'll entertain it; they may have wiped legacy servers but regardless they were around for quite a decent amount of time considering how long the game's been out. I'll say it again: We had fair enough warning - not to mention some of us( myself included) were ready for a server wipe when a game gets released considering the added fact that I haven't played a game yet that allowed you to keep the items you earned in the alpha/beta phases. It was an inevitability regardless, and anyone who believed otherwise was already in the wrong; they should know how most MMO games work by now. Yes, it meant tossing away hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work...but then again, someone can go ahead and do that while you were sleeping any ways, now couldn't they? It made no difference.

Not everyone has a rig. Not everyone has the time and money to continue to throw in additional fees when the company itself should be taking care of such a task. By your logic, wildcard should simply get rid of any and all official servers - they won't be played anymore any ways - and nearly completely adopt a pay-to-play atmosphere with a monthly subscription fee. It can't be like other games with servers readily available to be enjoyed that are there for you once you've bought the game.

The likelihood of unofficial server so outliving officials are actually pretty slim, considering that unless they adopt the method I've stated above, the officials will be around as longas the company stands...whereas unofficial can still disappear at the drop of a hat...without he warning that we were all given. You may choose to continue to refuse that fact, but I've already been on several that went up in a puff of smoke, so that ideology will 'never' fly with me.

I'm already aware of your adamant attitude that dictates that your opinions are the only correct ones, as noted by the fact that you'd just tossed in an unmentioned statement and began to build upon it despite my debunking, so I feel we just won't see eye-to-eye much. Thats cool too.

Neither of us has any say regardless. Its just nice to know how other people think. Its a social game, after all.

So your argument is to agree with me, argue semantics and suggest I'm the narrow minded one.... Right, good job.

So you still play official Half Life servers... Oh wait they're all unofficial over 10 years later!!!

Like you said, officials always have an expiration date... Wasn't your argument that they don't??? (Rhetorical)

Boo hoo "not all of us can afford to!" Blah blah blah... You're an adult, it's called a budget. If it's important to you make it happen and quit making excuses. If you can afford to game you can take an old gaming rig and make it a server.

You're right, we won't see eye to eye, I'm a man, I don't whine and make excuses, I make things happen.

Get good!

Welcome to a small glimpse of what I really think.

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

So your argument is to agree with me, argue semantics and suggest I'm the narrow minded one.... Right, good job.

So you still play official Half Life servers... Oh wait they're all unofficial over 10 years later!!!

Like you said, officials always have an expiration date... Wasn't your argument that they don't??? (Rhetorical)

Boo hoo "not all of us can afford to!" Blah blah blah... You're an adult, it's called a budget. If it's important to you make it happen and quit making excuses. If you can afford to game you can take an old gaming rig and make it a server.

You're right, we won't see eye to eye, I'm a man, I don't whine and make excuses, I make things happen.

Get good!

Welcome to a small glimpse of what I really think.

Priceless. 

By the way, to further drive my point home: I stated that Legacy Officials - the pre-launch servers - the beta test servers...the ones that came before the present ones...were the ones that had the definitive expiration date. My statement was that any decent MMO company's life should include the list of servers that it provides for its customers, and that if the company should fall, then so should the servers, lest they be endless clusters of unsupported unofficials.  This typically holds true, though I haven't played Half Life - not sure why you'd insinuate that out of no where - so I haven't any data on that game.

So pumped on being the proclaimed pinnacle of digital masculinity that I'm sure you haven't been correctly reading much of what I've been saying the entire time, as its evidenced thrice in a row. 

I never suggested you were narrow-minded - that was your doing, merely leaving myself to agree or disagree. I wouldn't praise me for it. Secondly; you have no idea the approximation of my age and assume I am financially stable enough to enjoy a game just like the rest of the community when everyone clearly joined this game without the advertised guise of a monthly payment plan, or knowing unequivocally that the supplied servers would be so plagued with issues that the player base itself would need to step up to get most of their enjoyment independently. I could be a dependent child simply using this game as a method by which to explore my imagination where reality currently denies, having been gifted the game by chance of a friend on steam and must now suffer a lower-tier'd experience due to a neglectful company and the dogmatic views of its clientele simply because I've been fooled into thinking that I was getting the same thing that I was advertised. Or perhaps I was a rather capable and well-off individual who was savvy enough with their funds to question why they'd been deceived in the first place. False advertisement is horrid for PR, and no company wishes for that.

Whether capable or not. Whether poor, savvy, or wealthy. Bias is bias, and "two brokes don't make a fix" as I'm usually told. I agree with this sentiment. 

You've improperly insinuated who I am, what I say,  what I play, and what I'm capable of, all without even bothering to question whether or not I'm even speaking out of the most recent disappointing failure in a blind rage, or simply out of concern for the fairness of the game...  If that's your idea of a proper figure to be taken even remotely seriously then that is indeed within your right to do so, though I starkly disagree.

You do indeed succeed in making things happen, though; to be honest - of those achievements I've seen - are mostly both confrontational and stereotypical arguments.

Perhaps the true jewel here is that hopefully most of the wildcard staff don't share such views. Don't quote me on that...

I feel like as good of a talk as that was, we're better off done with it, now that we're sure that our views simply clash. I do appreciate that brief glance into your thoughts, however.

20 hours ago, Olivar said:

@Masurao

Yes, you are right. Unofficial servers can dissappear when the administration gets fed up with it. But that usually lies partially with the people playing there as well.

As pointed out by ranger, a good server / cluster attracts people. I habe a small one, with vanilla settings except breeding. And I have people joining, I have people leaving, I have regular and friends playing.

And they offered to help pay now and then. And we all play or own thing, but we also help one another. Even if it's pvp.

There are great communities out there.

Indeed, as there were even the smallest handful of decent Official servers as well. I have no idea about that as I've never been in any recent official long enough due to the obvious problems to stake a positive claim on that statement, considering I've found my fortune in unofficial as well. Being one of many, I'm sure this one is going down soon any ways unless we get in touch and do something about it. Were it the older days, we could have dealt with the few hyper-persistent trolls on a more guaranteed Official - though it is on an 'entirely' different, intolerable level now.

Its even a PvE...because apparently I'd been brainwashed for the absolute longest into thinking that its okay that I'm being forced to spend an odd week of my life tending to the maturing equivalent of a hi-definition Tamagotchi, only to have someone with much more time to throw away than I do, destroy it within a matter of minutes due to some recent exploit. We must be completely 'out 'of our minds, as well as this company for thinking that its kosher... I just find it awkward to have to toss in so many extra funds for a virtual chill spot because of negligence. It is what it is, until they dictate otherwise.

As for unofficials outliving their counterpart, I can only respond with that it depends on the game. Wildcard issued the Officials for a reason, and the only thing that would tip this favor is that they finally just come out and say that they're getting rid of them when everyone decides to stop playing them. I believe that spin-offs shouldn't outlive their prototypes, such as parents shouldn't outlive their children. However...I'm sure we both know that either could happen, especially at this point, given the hasty choices they've been making.

2 hours ago, Masurao said:

Priceless. 

By the way, to further drive my point home: I stated that Legacy Officials - the pre-launch servers - the beta test servers...the ones that came before the present ones...were the ones that had the definitive expiration date. My statement was that any decent MMO company's life should include the list of servers that it provides for its customers, and that if the company should fall, then so should the servers, lest they be endless clusters of unsupported unofficials.  This typically holds true, though I haven't played Half Life - not sure why you'd insinuate that out of no where - so I haven't any data on that game.

So pumped on being the proclaimed pinnacle of digital masculinity that I'm sure you haven't been correctly reading much of what I've been saying the entire time, as its evidenced thrice in a row. 

I never suggested you were narrow-minded - that was your doing, merely leaving myself to agree or disagree. I wouldn't praise me for it. Secondly; you have no idea the approximation of my age and assume I am financially stable enough to enjoy a game just like the rest of the community when everyone clearly joined this game without the advertised guise of a monthly payment plan, or knowing unequivocally that the supplied servers would be so plagued with issues that the player base itself would need to step up to get most of their enjoyment independently. I could be a dependent child simply using this game as a method by which to explore my imagination where reality currently denies, having been gifted the game by chance of a friend on steam and must now suffer a lower-tier'd experience due to a neglectful company and the dogmatic views of its clientele simply because I've been fooled into thinking that I was getting the same thing that I was advertised. Or perhaps I was a rather capable and well-off individual who was savvy enough with their funds to question why they'd been deceived in the first place. False advertisement is horrid for PR, and no company wishes for that.

Whether capable or not. Whether poor, savvy, or wealthy. Bias is bias, and "two brokes don't make a fix" as I'm usually told. I agree with this sentiment. 

You've improperly insinuated who I am, what I say,  what I play, and what I'm capable of, all without even bothering to question whether or not I'm even speaking out of the most recent disappointing failure in a blind rage, or simply out of concern for the fairness of the game...  If that's your idea of a proper figure to be taken even remotely seriously then that is indeed within your right to do so, though I starkly disagree.

You do indeed succeed in making things happen, though; to be honest - of those achievements I've seen - are mostly both confrontational and stereotypical arguments.

Perhaps the true jewel here is that hopefully most of the wildcard staff don't share such views. Don't quote me on that...

I feel like as good of a talk as that was, we're better off done with it, now that we're sure that our views simply clash. I do appreciate that brief glance into your thoughts, however.

Dont waste your time on him man. That halfslabbacon guy is really not worth it. Someones who reacts that arrogant as he is aint worth the attention. Just a simple advice for you! 

2 hours ago, Masurao said:

Priceless. 

Yeah you're right priceless is an appropriate term.

Keep living life thinking things are owed to you. See how far that gets you.

FYI at no point was or is Wildcard guilty of false advertising. That perception is just your sense of entitlement.

Also, I can tell the difference between a child and a grown adult that acts like one when I read their comments... Words give away more then most think.

4 minutes ago, hollander said:

Dont waste your time on him man. That halfslabbacon guy is really not worth it. Someones who reacts that arrogant as he is aint worth the attention. Just a simple advice for you! 

LMFAO... You seem to confuse arrogance with a low tolerance for whining.

7 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Yeah you're right priceless is an appropriate term.

Keep living life thinking things are owed to you. See how far that gets you.

FYI at no point was or is Wildcard guilty of false advertising. That perception is just your sense of entitlement.

Also, I can tell the difference between a child and a grown adult that acts like one when I read their comments... Words give away more then most think.

LMFAO... You seem to confuse arrogance with a low tolerance for whining.

T R O L L 

21 minutes ago, hollander said:

Everyone deserves some form of acknowledgment so you can at least understand how they think and for what reason, regardless of attitude. Its knowing when to discontinue a pointless argument that is the key.

Just now, Masurao said:

Everyone deserves some form of acknowledgment so you can at least understand how they think and for what reason, regardless of attitude. Its knowing when to discontinue a pointless argument that is the key.

Exactly. And now look at the fresh reply you had from him on your well written mature post. He's that guy and you know him. Do what ever uou want i just give advice

14 minutes ago, Masurao said:

Well that my friend we can absolutely agree on. And for That you get a thumbs up. ?

Official servers really are crap, I played pve on them for a year.Laggy as all hell,full of pillars etc,trolls.And very poor customer support when theyre crashing and rolling back and whatever else.

As soon as i could take my legacy save to an unofficial cluster with some mates I did.Wiped the map except for our stuff(now there is no lag at all).Changed the rates to 3X,ive bred and 100% imprinted everything up to and including gigas at 1x on official so 3X was a nice change without being too cheat mode.

The game has never been better to play.Unofficial is the way to go if youre a pve player.We dont need a large playerbase for trading or anything,when really trading for stuff like high end fert eggs is just taking a short cut anyway.

Guest DJRone89
25 minutes ago, edskelly said:

Official servers really are crap, I played pve on them for a year.Laggy as all hell,full of pillars etc,trolls.And very poor customer support when theyre crashing and rolling back and whatever else.

As soon as i could take my legacy save to an unofficial cluster with some mates I did.Wiped the map except for our stuff(now there is no lag at all).Changed the rates to 3X,ive bred and 100% imprinted everything up to and including gigas at 1x on official so 3X was a nice change without being too cheat mode.

The game has never been better to play.Unofficial is the way to go if youre a pve player.We dont need a large playerbase for trading or anything,when really trading for stuff like high end fert eggs is just taking a short cut anyway.

I played official a very long time ago and back then the servers were awful but we just kind of put it down to early access. Such a shame that the state of them has stayed persistently bad and in most cases, got progressively worse.

As this thread has gone on my original opinion from OP has changed and I do feel somewhat sympathetic about the situation. However there are options and the said truth is that if you want stability and a general lag free experience, unofficial is the way to go. It shouldn’t be that way of course but is it really worth suffering just to play the game?

I fully understand why people choose to play official and you have every right to do so but most of these complaints are from the state of the servers as opposed to the core aspect of the game. 

The game itself is fine, so to speak. Yes there are bugs but I do not for one second believe that the devs would purposely allow bugs to persist in the game if they could easily be fixed. It just makes absolutely no logical sense especially as they can affect other parts of the game such as additional content.

I’m disappointed that after all this time, day one issues are still a thing but I also don’t let that get to me, so I make the most out of what I have, and enjoy the game for what it is. I think many unofficial players probably share this same outlook because we are generally less attached.

47 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I played official a very long time ago and back then the servers were awful but we just kind of put it down to early access. Such a shame that the state of them has stayed persistently bad and in most cases, got progressively worse.

As this thread has gone on my original opinion from OP has changed and I do feel somewhat sympathetic about the situation. However there are options and the said truth is that if you want stability and a general lag free experience, unofficial is the way to go. It shouldn’t be that way of course but is it really worth suffering just to play the game?

I fully understand why people choose to play official and you have every right to do so but most of these complaints are from the state of the servers as opposed to the core aspect of the game. 

The game itself is fine, so to speak. Yes there are bugs but I do not for one second believe that the devs would purposely allow bugs to persist in the game if they could easily be fixed. It just makes absolutely no logical sense especially as they can affect other parts of the game such as additional content.

I’m disappointed that after all this time, day one issues are still a thing but I also don’t let that get to me, so I make the most out of what I have, and enjoy the game for what it is. I think many unofficial players probably share this same outlook because we are generally less attached.

Thumbs up for this reply, this is exactly as it is. Ofcourse the game itself isint broken. Its a great game. 

But the fact they enable official servers which are not working isint fair to paying costumers. And if theres no other option then to play unofficial if you want to play bugg free isint what wildcard themselves surely didint intended eather.

but the fact there focus is off fixing official servers but just trowing in more gameplay.. you can rest assure the complains from that 20 percent of players will keep on going.

55 minutes ago, hollander said:

Thumbs up for this reply, this is exactly as it is. Ofcourse the game itself isint broken. Its a great game. 

But the fact they enable official servers which are not working isint fair to paying costumers. And if theres no other option then to play unofficial if you want to play bugg free isint what wildcard themselves surely didint intended eather.

but the fact there focus is off fixing official servers but just trowing in more gameplay.. you can rest assure the complains from that 20 percent of players will keep on going.

I agree they should work on fixing official servers (ditching Nitrado). It's bad PR to have them in such a state.

However, the statement about paying customers is wrong and flawed logic. No one playing on those servers is paying for them. You get that part free. What you payed for is a copy of the game. That doesn't entitle you too public servers and never has. Acting as if Wildcard owes you something is wrong. You got what you payed for.

There also is no valid argument for anyone who says they have to play on official servers. Every single person that bought the game can play single player, host LAN, play unofficial, or even run their own server.

All these options, plus free official servers and the enormous amount of content & customization makes this game a bargain.

Archived