Thank you for continued disappointment

TrumpTrain

19 hours ago, Fealthion said:

Am I missing something, at what point did he claim to speak for everyone?

Stating that people are paying heaps of money while you dont fix the game's actual bugs is a fair enough observation.

In unity with a lot of replies here, it all gets easier once you stop playing officials...

This begs the question, who’s game should I be playing? Because it certainly isn’t wildcards.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Great list and exactly what OP and others alike should be doing when they make posts like this.

I’m not refuting what they are saying but it’s hard to agree with someone who fails to provide any actual details.

He doesn’t need any details. He gave you all the information you need. But if you have been playing and watching the game for sometime you would know the details given Is enough, and you can just fill in the blanks. 

So it’s obvious a lot of players are unhappy with the game. So why not escalate it to the point where EA had to change the way the game, battlefront two, was played in order to avoid the overall complaints  on micro transactions? (I’m not comparing this game to micro transactions just so no one gets confused.) 

In a nutshell, why doesn’t the large part of the ark community  post more about issues official game still has in order to get it resolved quicker? It worked with EA recently. Or do most players complain, but don’t care enough to want it to change  and just give up with trying to change the game for the better by posting bug reports, posting on forums and support and live with it?

Or do we all eventually wise up and move to unofficial servers  where a lot of these issues with the game are nonexistent? 

Sadly the biggest issue may not be the community Orangeburg glitches and bugs It may just be the fact that this game is open to modding. An allowance a gaming company gives its audience to change the game how they see fit. And then those mods and unofficial servers are what drives the game more so than the vanilla they created?

Again, it begs the question who’s game should I be playing?

Guest DJRone89
36 minutes ago, Olivar said:

And you are 100% sure this is a problem with your server?
You can vouch that everyone is getting disconnected at that point cause the server is messing up?
Or is it simply your Internet connection?

Almost all official servers run like crap. I may play unofficial but I’m heavily involved in the forums for both here and Reddit and can tell you it’s not limited to just a handful of servers.

Now someone correct me if I’m wrong but I heard that multiple official servers run off the same box. I’m no tech wiz so I can’t articulate what this means exactly but I’m sure if 1 server has a lot less traffic, it evens out the load amongst the others?

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, JAG219 said:

Same here, I love this game. But it's hard to enjoy it after every update something seems to f with my game. The last two days I stay logged in for about an average of 30 seconds because if I look at an auto turret, I D.C. Instantly. I just want to play :(

The turret DC issue is supposed to be getting fixed with the next update (currently in cert on console).

12 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Core aspect???? Official Servers have nothing to do with the actual game, they are just a medium to engage in multiplayer... Core would mean they were a requirement, which they are not.

All of these complaints are about the official servers, not the actual game... No one is forcing you to Play Official Peeps, you're volunteering to be miserable... Stop complaining about it!

Oh? So basically as you put it: Play alone(game still crashes and freezes randomly, but definitely enjoyable to just roam around and explore), play with others with a constant tether and smaller number of people(not exactly what I like to call freedom of motion), or wait for someone else who has a rig set up or has paid for their own servers in order to join in on this medium in which to engage in multiplayer?

Some people actually do play for the social experience, and the servers ran by the company that you do not have to pay additional fees to enjoy - or need to worry about them disappearing randomly at the whim of an admin - are not a core aspect of the game. I can see if this was a strictly single player game that just introduced the concept of multiplayer, but stating that official servers of any kind aren't considered a viable component just doesn't seem very correct to me.  The title never said "Join a tribe with friends and rule the ark" at all, did it..? Or perhaps I'm just senile. I'm just looking for a little clarity here to gauge your standpoint.

14 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

See, where you play is irrelevant... You Payed for the game, not what server you play on... And the game itself runs extremely well for an indie title.

Official servers are actually the smallest percentage of ARK players... The majority play unofficial & SP... So when you say a lot, 98% of 10% is still less then 10%, so not a lot, actually very little.

The state of the servers has nothing to do with the actual game... 2 separate things. You can't complain about a good breakfast because the free coffee they gave you sucked. 

Core aspect???? Official Servers have nothing to do with the actual game, they are just a medium to engage in multiplayer... Core would mean they were a requirement, which they are not.

All of these complaints are about the official servers, not the actual game... No one is forcing you to Play Official Peeps, you're volunteering to be miserable... Stop complaining about it!

this right here. This is ignorancs at its fullest. Im not even going to reply to this because its just a lvl of ignorance i cant debate with.

2 hours ago, JAG219 said:

Same here, I love this game. But it's hard to enjoy it after every update something seems to f with my game. The last two days I stay logged in for about an average of 30 seconds because if I look at an auto turret, I D.C. Instantly. I just want to play :(

Same here man.. what i do is this.

when you logg in just directly look at the ground. And stop moving for 1 minute till everything is rendered in.  We re a tribe of 17 people and everyone dc's as soon theres a turret in your screen. Just dont get the turret near your screen.

but you know what would be best? If we would all play unofficial lal. I would if there would be like traveling through obelisks. I dont like the fact your with the same people on the same server every time. Id rather not play it. And for the unofficial players here. 

4 minutes ago, hollander said:

Same here man.. what i do is this.

when you logg in just directly look at the ground. And stop moving for 1 minute till everything is rendered in.  We re a tribe of 17 people and everyone dc's as soon theres a turret in your screen. Just dont get the turret near your screen.

but you know what would be best? If we would all play unofficial lal. I would if there would be like traveling through obelisks. I dont like the fact your with the same people on the same server every time. Id rather not play it. And for the unofficial players here. 

Sorry but I can't fully share your sentiment on the last one.
We get people on our servers daily, and there's huge community clusters out there.
You probably don't find the hundreds of connected servers like Official does, but there's definitely good clusters amongst the unofficial ones that allow you to travel between them like on Official.

Don't knock it till you tried it.

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, ArkCreation said:

He doesn’t need any details. He gave you all the information you need. But if you have been playing and watching the game for sometime you would know the details given Is enough, and you can just fill in the blanks. 

And this helps the people who develop the game how exactly?

People: “Fix the game”

Devs: “What needs fixing?”

People: .....

7 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Almost all official servers run like crap. I may play unofficial but I’m heavily involved in the forums for both here and Reddit and can tell you it’s not limited to just a handful of servers.

Now someone correct me if I’m wrong but I heard that multiple official servers run off the same box. I’m no tech wiz so I can’t articulate what this means exactly but I’m sure if 1 server has a lot less traffic, it evens out the load amongst the others?

The remaining legacy servers are pretty much lag free because there are 1-4 people playing on them.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

And this helps the people who develop the game how exactly?

People: “Fix the game”

Devs: “What needs fixing?”

People: .....

I’m not sure what  answer or response you want from me with this comment.  

Go to the bug and support report page or go to the game suggestions section of the forums. That’s where people are usually go and the developers usually look. I’m sure they’re not incompetent.

11 hours ago, Olivar said:

Worst part is they are so obnoxious about it and make it their holy crusade to go in every topic to be absolutely sure that their way is the only way and everything else is irrelevant. 

You'd tell everyone how it was too if your opinion was the only correct one. ?

10 hours ago, hollander said:

you have to understand that for some people unofficial is not an option. Im one of them. For me its unofficial or nothing. And for some people that play unofficial.. official aint an option. 

Yeah, cause you can't play single player or log into one of the thousands of free unofficials... Your copy of Ark just didn't come with those options. It's really not a choice at all right?

8 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

It's 4 servers per box apparently. Which I doubt Nitrado is actually sticking to. This has nothing to do with the lag though... That's more about the server host selling more servers then their Network can handle the traffic for.

6 hours ago, hollander said:

this right here. This is ignorancs at its fullest. Im not even going to reply to this because its just a lvl of ignorance i cant debate with.

Oh my God, I'd explain the irony in your statement, but I've got other things to do before I die of old age! 

Thanks for the laugh though!

10 hours ago, Olivar said:

Sorry but I can't fully share your sentiment on the last one.
We get people on our servers daily, and there's huge community clusters out there.
You probably don't find the hundreds of connected servers like Official does, but there's definitely good clusters amongst the unofficial ones that allow you to travel between them like on Official.

Don't knock it till you tried it.

I refuse to touch another official server after having been on a boosted cluster.  Never knock it til you've tried it. However, there's one thing that will always plague the unofficial that everyone and their grandmother still forgets(or refuses) to acknowledge in these topics:

They are there for you...until they aren't.  

Consistency is probably a main reason for people even bothering to "suffer" with officials in the first place. But as consistent as they are there, so are the problems. No balance. Same with these threads on this forum; complete lack of balance with people doggedly-yet-passively(or in some peoples case I see, obviously) attempt to insult others who don't share their beliefs. Threads are basically just set to let people fire off some steam at their most recent disappointment, and for others to insert themselves and tell them why they're inferior for it. 

Everyone vents, and sadly, thats probably the most consistent and balanced thing that can ever even happen here.

4 hours ago, Masurao said:

I refuse to touch another official server after having been on a boosted cluster.  Never knock it til you've tried it. However, there's one thing that will always plague the unofficial that everyone and their grandmother still forgets(or refuses) to acknowledge in these topics:

They are there for you...until they aren't.  

So... They're just like the Legacy ones that got wiped! Check, good reason to play crappy servers.

48 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

So... They're just like the Legacy ones that got wiped! Check, good reason to play crappy servers.

Legacy wasn't calculated into any part of my statement. However: They 'told' us that legacy was going to disappear. You rarely get any warning, if at all, for unofficial. By that logic then why bother with unofficial when they can disappear in the next day, as opposed to before when everyone believed that the Legacy servers weren't going down? Exactly. 

I speak for the current official servers when I say official servers. Otherwise, I'd have said Official Legacy servers. Or Legacy. But I didn't...I said Official...

...I'm not understanding your point..

11 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Unofficial servers and clusters are a substandard experience.  Can disappear anytime, low player count, usually just playing with the same few people, admin abuse, no real trade, no being a part of a larger community.

I mean if I was an unofficial server owner I'd be shilling it to death as well.

Not trying to deliberately get in your grill, but it's not difficult at all to find an unofficial server that doesn't suffer from any of those issues... and it's only a slightly more involved process to set up your own specific to your own tastes.  If you're a fair admin you'll have plenty of people wanting to play on it, and player communities often chip in to defray the minor costs involved.

If nothing else pick your favorite ARK focused YouTuber and the chances are pretty good that they maintain multiple servers for those that chip in a few bucks a month to support his/her channel on Patreon.  Those communities tend to be large, part of a cluster running different DLC's, and have long term stability.

Accusations of shilling are pretty unnecessary though.  If he were advertising his server outside of the appropriate forum section his posts would be removed.  There is nothing wrong with mentioning in passing that he has one, as long as he doesn't turn it into an advertisement for joining it.

1 hour ago, Masurao said:

Legacy wasn't calculated into any part of my statement. However: They 'told' us that legacy was going to disappear. You rarely get any warning, if at all, for unofficial. By that logic then why bother with unofficial when they can disappear in the next day, as opposed to before when everyone believed that the Legacy servers weren't going down? Exactly. 

I speak for the current official servers when I say official servers. Otherwise, I'd have said Official Legacy servers. Or Legacy. But I didn't...I said Official...

...I'm not understanding your point..

Not understanding and refusing to see the obvious are two different things. They told everyone Official wouldn't wipe... And then what happened.

There is only one way to guarantee a server sticks around, and that is to own the box it is on and manage it yourself... ANY other way and it is in the control/fate of other human decision or error.

Truth is unofficial's have a higher likelihood of being around in 5 years then any official. Suggesting otherwise is just an excuse and a false perception of reality. It's a business, those servers cost money and are subject to wipe & closure any time it makes financial sense. 

37 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

If nothing else pick your favorite ARK focused YouTuber and the chances are pretty good that they maintain multiple servers for those that chip in a few bucks a month to support his/her channel on Patreon.  Those communities tend to be large, part of a cluster running different DLC's, and have long term stability.

Shhhhh... We never offer Servers for our Supporters, or Private discords... Quit sharing trade secrets! ;) 

Archived