Thank you for continued disappointment

TrumpTrain

Guest DJRone89

These type of posts are as helpful as people telling the devs to “fix the game” without providing any details. The same applies with “players are constantly let down” - how?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

These type of posts are as helpful as people telling the devs to “fix the game” without providing any details. The same applies with “players are constantly let down” - how?

Finnaly!

- players are let down by the constant horrible lagg we re experiencinf on official servers.

- the focus of wildcard which seems so irrational towards (official players) useless animals that makes it harder for you when you disconnest due to wildcards horrible official servers(troodons for an example)

- the constant disbalance they place in official servers which in many lines collaberate with wrong decision making. (This is an opinion i know but alot of people actually share this) turret nerf was good but explosives havent raised in price to make. Which leads to a huge purge on official pvp(especially huge tribes that do duping)

- hey! Duping!? Do i need to say more here. Check crispyjosh on youtube to actually see proof

- flyer nerf? Great for the balance i love it. Sad for pvers which takes even longer to travel around. 

- building on obelisks (great for your average tyrannical alfa tribe) lets raptor some beach bobs yay!

the thing is.. people that play on official pvp or pve know about these flaws. Some dont care some do.

i love this game and will continue to play even if i get wiped and wiped and wiped.

but its not finished at all!

37 minutes ago, RabidWarpig said:

Theres always singleplayer :D lol but no i get where your coming from its unsavory knowing that someone has that kind of power but can also be a relief when someone can save your glitched dinos on a whim

Lol ya only sayin that cuz one time I was defending the hell out of my base with three othe tribe mates and I out bear traps down and one person got trapped lol we shot him had blood splatter but no hit marker and I ran a red out at him  1000 m and it didn't kill him he killed it

Guest DJRone89
15 minutes ago, hollander said:

Finnaly!

- players are let down by the constant horrible lagg we re experiencinf on official servers.

- the focus of wildcard which seems so irrational towards (official players) useless animals that makes it harder for you when you disconnest due to wildcards horrible official servers(troodons for an example)

- the constant disbalance they place in official servers which in many lines collaberate with wrong decision making. (This is an opinion i know but alot of people actually share this) turret nerf was good but explosives havent raised in price to make. Which leads to a huge purge on official pvp(especially huge tribes that do duping)

- hey! Duping!? Do i need to say more here. Check crispyjosh on youtube to actually see proof

- flyer nerf? Great for the balance i love it. Sad for pvers which takes even longer to travel around. 

- building on obelisks (great for your average tyrannical alfa tribe) lets raptor some beach bobs yay!

the thing is.. people that play on official pvp or pve know about these flaws. Some dont care some do.

i love this game and will continue to play even if i get wiped and wiped and wiped.

Great list and exactly what OP and others alike should be doing when they make posts like this.

I’m not refuting what they are saying but it’s hard to agree with someone who fails to provide any actual details.

Guest DJRone89
8 minutes ago, ninjaridz said:

Lol half this forum love ark and are desperately trying to get issues high lighted, the other half love ark and are desperately trying to silence the other half!

All the while wildcard get to keep coining it in happy days.

If you make a bold claim without providing any actual facts, I’d silence you too ;)

Pfft, you don't speak for me - wait...then again I 'do' only play on unofficial servers now after over a year and a half of playing official PvP... I mean hey, boosted rates, lower overall player count which leads to lower server load and overall lag are pretty cool...good player community - something I was never used to in official. Its pretty fun, actually. I enjoy and actually look forward to playing as opposed to back then, always questioning whats dead by the time I log back on due to someone with less of a life waiting right until I logged off to doggedly strike me and annihilate each and every facet of success that I've built up for myself... 

Actually, the only bad thing is that these unofficial servers can just disappear with little notice, meaning that their only flaw is that their lives are much more uncertain than official...but the amount of enjoyment far surpasses anything that official has ever offered with excessive time consumption and cancerous player base, not to mention horrendous rollbacks, lag, glitching...

Y'knowwhat..? People who play unofficial shouldn't even be claiming to be spoken for in the first place. In fact, anyone who claims to be "spoken for" in this thread is basically playing the hit dog that hollers. Don't be the white knight - the OP has legitimate points being made if they are speaking of the core aspect of the game: Official servers.

1 hour ago, Olivar said:
  • Thank you so very much for consistently letting down players whom have been with you since Arks inception  : I've been here since Ark's inception
  • new and old customers alike which have payed heaps of money to a company which has delivered  : bought all expansions, so includes me

Those are clear references that he's speaking for a multitude of people.
For the record: He does not, it's just very poor wordng to use multiple people as example/reference when the problems are affecting your own mood directly.

Multitude possibly - everyone? thats more of a stretch... I try to take these posts at face value, a player who's own interactions with other players and WC get them to a point that they feel they need to vocalise it (even with what I agree is a poor attempt to use numbers to validate his argument).

From my own time on the forums I think its fair to say however there are a large number of players who while great fans of the game are utterly dissatisfied with WC's treatment of the playerbase.

As I've said many times, if they truly hated everthing about Ark they wouldn't bother discussing it here they would just leave, anything else is a passionate plea to the defence of a great game poorly managed.

I host an unofficial cluster, but I started unofficial for a different reason. I don't believe that an anti-cheat which has the same access as your hardware drivers is needed. I have yet to have somebody point me to a PCI-E card loaded with aimbots or other hacks, so I refuse to run something so insanely invasive. BE has already been caught running when games are not being played, and that is too much for me to worry with.

With that said, the only real issues I have experienced are the flyer nerf and then the dino remap bug when Aberration was released. Sure, if I kill something there is a 10% chance the corpse will fly into Oblivion for those daedra to play with, and once in a while two tames, usually when following each other, can get tangled up and be unable to move, but I have not experienced the major issues reported time and again on official servers. I have not had a dino disappear once and be gone. Sure, I have had one disappear, but even if I have had to copy the save from my server to my client, load it up by myself with Pet Finder, and go in, I have always found the dino.

I do believe official servers have issues far beyond the petty few unofficials have. I would love for Wildcard to run one official server without BE just to see if it interferes in some way. I'd also love to see resource usage on those systems. Something Is not right with officials, but unofficials are unaffected. Maybe Wildcard should setup servers running like ours and see if they can resolve the issue through process of elimination. Either way, I do believe there is some need for fixes, but they may not be code fixes and may indeed be hardware fixes.

I got tired of mega tribes wiping small tribes who try to stay quiet on official.. So i went to unofficial played on a couple different servers for a few months  before renting my own.. I run my own unofficial server with another admin, yes we cheat, but we also pay money out of our own pockets to rent it every month to keep the server active for the playerbase so i feel we earned the admin password... Yes, we cheat for the sake of the community like building arenas and ghosting glitched tamed out of the ground.. Public teleporter grids..Events.. Maintenance etc.. Things that make it fun..and we stay neutral in squabbles and petty disagreemnts.. Which.. Honestly doesnt happen often on our server as most everyone is on good terms... We do not raid specifically for the reason people state.. Anyone going up against a Godmode player will not enjoy it. If we did that players would leave.. Any competent admin knows not to abuse the power with the population otherwise the server empties.

Xbox Dedicated Servers have been broken for months. Now that Aberration is out, people on my Server want to play it really bad. Problem is, Dedicated Servers keep deleting ALL progress. They said they were “working on it”, but they don’t treat it like it’s a big deal. Unlike Official Servers, people who host Dedicated Servers have to pay money. So more money = broken game I guess.

I mean.. I've had my aggravations about Ark.. but I still love it and still play it. I've spent a decent amount of money on it, maybe about $100 total?

But we can't really be that upset.. it could be alot worse.. ya know like those people that bought the super mega editions of Destiny('d) 2 (fail again) thinking they was getting a gods gift to gaming only to find out yet again it was just a dlc pack [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Far as I can tell.. we've got a game that has given me more playing hours total than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim put together.. even ESO... But.. we really don't speak of that "game"...

10 hours ago, Futurelord said:

No offense but for the people who play on private and unofficial servers, please do not compare your experiences with those who play on official servers.

See, where you play is irrelevant... You Payed for the game, not what server you play on... And the game itself runs extremely well for an indie title.

7 hours ago, hollander said:

He's right that a large amount of players are very unhappy. Maybe you dont encounter that observation. But i sure have, on official servers alot of people aint to happy. Even though you might not encounter that. Its obviously alot of people are unhappy. Older players like me(april 2016) and younger players like my employees which bought the game last week to learn the game online.

official servers are laggy. Glitchy. And its just not finished. 

Official servers are actually the smallest percentage of ARK players... The majority play unofficial & SP... So when you say a lot, 98% of 10% is still less then 10%, so not a lot, actually very little.

7 hours ago, hollander said:

The state of the servers has nothing to do with the actual game... 2 separate things. You can't complain about a good breakfast because the free coffee they gave you sucked. 

6 hours ago, Masurao said:

the OP has legitimate points being made if they are speaking of the core aspect of the game: Official servers.

Core aspect???? Official Servers have nothing to do with the actual game, they are just a medium to engage in multiplayer... Core would mean they were a requirement, which they are not.

All of these complaints are about the official servers, not the actual game... No one is forcing you to Play Official Peeps, you're volunteering to be miserable... Stop complaining about it!

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Core aspect???? Official Servers have nothing to do with the actual game, they are just a medium to engage in multiplayer...

This is a long-term rampant issue with the Ark community. There are a collection of community members who have this belief that only the opinions die-hard Official players matter when it comes to game discussions. The validity of a player's complaint, opinion, or experience regarding Ark as a game has nothing to do what game mode they are currently playing. It's all the same game. 

I don't agree with the OP's assessment, but it's not because he plays a different game mode. It's because my enjoyment of the game outweighs my disappointment. It doesn't for him. (Also, I double checked and Wildcard doesn't even sell cars. Bogus.)

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

(Also, I double checked and Wildcard doesn't even sell cars. Bogus.)

they do too, they are just really little and invisible...and everyone is scared of them because they are so cool so no one talks about them. sheesh, you are always saying stuff that makes sense....STOP ITxD

oh...and OT, i am not disappointed so..um...ya

7 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

This is a long-term rampant issue with the Ark community. There are a collection of community members who have this belief that only the opinions die-hard Official players matter when it comes to game discussions. The validity of a player's complaint, opinion, or experience regarding Ark as a game has nothing to do what game mode they are currently playing. It's all the same game. 

I don't agree with the OP's assessment, but it's not because he plays a different game mode. It's because my enjoyment of the game outweighs my disappointment. It doesn't for him. (Also, I double checked and Wildcard doesn't even sell cars. Bogus.)

It's so funny that those in the group that makes up less then 10% of the people who bought the game, actually think they are they majority. 

Sad truth is, every single official player could quit, and it wouldn't even make a difference to the company coffee budget. ?

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

It's so funny that those in the group that makes up less then 10% of the people who bought the game, actually think they are they majority. 

Sad truth is, every single official player could quit, and it wouldn't even make a difference to the company coffee budget. ?

Worst part is they are so obnoxious about it and make it their holy crusade to go in every topic to be absolutely sure that their way is the only way and everything else is irrelevant. 

19 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Worst part is they are so obnoxious about it and make it their holy crusade to go in every topic to be absolutely sure that their way is the only way and everything else is irrelevant. 

Some people are, but some are not. There just trying to point out issues that seems to be forgotton.

you have to understand that for some people unofficial is not an option. Im one of them. For me its unofficial or nothing. And for some people that play unofficial.. official aint an option. 

You got to look through other peoples eyes in order to understand them. You're right that some people make it there holy crusade to point out these troubles. And some people make it there holy crusade in defending wildcard.

i like to keep it in the middle. Ark is the best game concept ever, EVAR! 

But its official servers run like poop, there unbalanced, straight out cow poop how they work. And lagg is one thing my dear unofficial friends but let me sketch out a scenario for you.

" On a beautyfull sunday morning you take your cup of coffee/tea and go on ark to lets say.. tame a pternadon! I kibble tamed one yesterday took me 13 dodo kibble for a 150. And it finished 221. I took her out for a spin with her horrible nerfed stamina. i go for a fly. Boom lagg. My bird keeps on flying with me on it. BOOOM Thylacoleo jumps on our server on me from a redwood tree means instant disconnect!! 

I get back in the game, after raptoring 10 minutes try to join (connection timed our poop) (my wired 350 mbps) internet. (I live in the netherlands the internet is just as good as the cheese her fkin amazing boys) 

so im in, my bird died (ah well its okay only took me 45 minutes to tame) i get back to my body. Killed the thyla with my wyvern.  Where is my body? Its on the the ground but i can't open the bag. I just got raptored lost all my gear thanks to another glitch. 

Flying back to base just to see my screen freeze again to disconnect again. This aint just me. We re a tribe of 17 people. Almust everyone encounters this. Official servers are broken.

if peoole dont  think thats a huge problem youre blindfolded and ear muffed. What if this poop happends on unofficial and not on official? What would you say on these forums ? Would you still bear the cross your bearing now?

17 minutes ago, hollander said:

Some people are, but some are not. There just trying to point out issues that seems to be forgotton.

you have to understand that for some people unofficial is not an option. Im one of them. For me its unofficial or nothing. And for some people that play unofficial.. official aint an option. 

You got to look through other peoples eyes in order to understand them. You're right that some people make it there holy crusade to point out these troubles. And some people make it there holy crusade in defending wildcard.

But its official servers run like poop, there unbalanced, straight out cow poop how they work. And lagg is one thing my dear unofficial friends but let me sketch out a scenario for you.

" On a beautyfull sunday morning you take your cup of coffee/tea and go on ark to lets say.. tame a pternadon! I kibble tamed one yesterday took me 13 dodo kibble for a 150. And it finished 221. I took her out for a spin with her horrible nerfed stamina. i go for a fly. Boom lagg. My bird keeps on flying with me on it. BOOOM Thylacoleo jumps on our server on me from a redwood tree means instant disconnect!! 

I get back in the game, after raptoring 10 minutes try to join (connection timed our poop) (my wired 350 mbps) internet. (I live in the netherlands the internet is just as good as the cheese her fkin amazing boys) 

so im in, my bird died (ah well its okay only took me 45 minutes to tame) i get back to my body. Killed the thyla with my wyvern.  Where is my body? Its on the the ground but i can't open the bag. I just got raptored lost all my gear thanks to another glitch. 

Flying back to base just to see my screen freeze again to disconnect again. This aint just me. We re a tribe of 17 people. Almust everyone encounters this. Official servers are broken.

if peoole dont  think thats a huge problem youre blindfolded and ear muffed. What if this poop happends on unofficial and not on official? What would you say on these forums ? Would you still bear the cross your bearing now?

You seem to be misunderstanding the points made.
None of us have ever dismissed that these problems exist on official.
We're fully aware of the problems on officials, and they are in the majority of cases the main reason why people do NOT play on them.
As @HalfSlabBacon pointed out, the "Official Servers" are the minority of the community, for a really good reason.

And I highly doubt that Wildcard has forgotten about any of this and that their backlog is full of tickets for it.
However, their release/planning manager probably has higher priorities to deal with.
Is that the correct decision to make? I don't know. All I can hope for is that Wildcard knows what they are doing.
From a professional point of view, not a gamer point of view, cause according to the boards/community they appear to be clueless at making games.

Guest DJRone89
9 minutes ago, hollander said:

No unofficial player is denying that official servers run like crap. We have the sense not to play them in the first place and actually enjoy the game for what it is, without a shopping list of issues.

You saying we are blindfolded just further enforces the view that official players think their opinions matter more than anyone elses. Again, we aren’t denying anything.

Official players have the most to say about the game because they are the vocal minority.

Im not saying you and olivar are. You just can read on this forums how people react to certain complaints as they arent there. 

There here, and its just plain weird they arent being dealth with. All they bring out is half finished official content. Even though its just 20 percent of the players. If you give it out as a finished game let it be finished. A few bugs here and there aint a problem at all. But i got evenings where i can play 30 mins of ark. Because i dc 8 or 9 times

1 minute ago, hollander said:

Im not saying you and olivar are. You just can read on this forums how people react to certain complaints as they arent there. 

There here, and its just plain weird they arent being dealth with. All they bring out is half finished official content. Even though its just 20 percent of the players. If you give it out as a finished game let it be finished. A few bugs here and there aint a problem at all. But i got evenings where i can play 30 mins of ark. Because i dc 8 or 9 times

And you are 100% sure this is a problem with your server?
You can vouch that everyone is getting disconnected at that point cause the server is messing up?
Or is it simply your Internet connection?

Archived