Thank you for continued disappointment

TrumpTrain

Dear Wildcard, 

Thank you so very much for consistently letting down players whom have been with you since Arks inception, new and old customers alike which have payed heaps of money to a company which has delivered empty promises and glitchy content to those of us currently "trying" to play. Wildcard as a whole seems inept at fixing multiple known issues while trying to produce new content, how can a company expect to retain its customer base if you're selling cars with no motors? Having spent some years in the tech industry, I understand all to well that setbacks can and do occur when least wanted, however, Wildcards track record is spotless, if we were speaking in terms of unsatisfactory. I hoped and still hope that Wildcard can get it's act together before it goes full Titanic as Ark is a fantastic conecpt and enjoyable to play with friends, however your execution I can say with certainty is atrocious.

Signed, 

Unsated paying customer

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what game it is that you've been playing, but the ARK I still play every spare waking moment after multiple months of playing now is amazing. Run my own private dedicated servers (up to 6 now), no lag, almost no glitching and just pure unadulterated fun and excitement every time I pick up the keyboard and mouse.

Top job WC and thanks for the ridiculous numbers of hours of entertainment you've given my wife and I for what is next to nothing financially when you put it into hours played.

No offense but for the people who play on private and unofficial servers, please do not compare your experiences with those who play on official servers. The differences in both gameplay (settings and server stability) and content (amazing mods by our amazing modding community) make unofficial vastly different from official servers.

Not that I am agreeing or disagreeing with the original poster, just don't be "that guy" and make a false equivalency.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Futurelord said:

No offense but for the people who play on private and unofficial servers, please do not compare your experiences with those who play on official servers. The differences in both gameplay (settings and server stability) and content (amazing mods by our amazing modding community) make unofficial vastly different from official servers.

Not that I am agreeing or disagreeing with the original poster, just don't be "that guy" and make a false equivalency.

OP doesn’t mention what game mode they are playing, though one would assume official. However since their statement was rather broad, one would think they are speaking on behalf of everyone regardless of game mode.

As someone who has played for years as well, I believe they have made great strides to fix what used to be a very buggy game.  I remember it used to be impossible to raise meat eaters during any peak playing time because there would be no spawns.  The game used to rubber band and lag every 20 min without fail, now this isn't completely fixed on my server but it is much improved.  With the timer increase made a while back it made official servers a better ratio for time to reward, anyone remember a 5 hour quetz tame...  So for me, the game is now fun again.  That may change as this game is very fluid but with a good player base on my server even if people leave they always seem to return to the same server and are happy to start over, I've already done that once.

10 minutes ago, Fealthion said:

Am I missing something, at what point did he claim to speak for everyone?

Stating that people are paying heaps of money while you dont fix the game's actual bugs is a fair enough observation.

In unity with a lot of replies here, it all gets easier once you stop playing officials...

• Thank you so very much for consistently letting down players whom have been with you since Arks inception  : I've been here since Ark's inception
  • new and old customers alike which have payed heaps of money to a company which has delivered  : bought all expansions, so includes me

Those are clear references that he's speaking for a multitude of people.
For the record: He does not, it's just very poor wordng to use multiple people as example/reference when the problems are affecting your own mood directly.

6 hours ago, Olivar said:

Please don't speak for me.

Only you can speak for yourself. However your blindfolded if you cant see a large portion of players that dont play unofficial are unhappy. And im also one amongst them. So he actually does speak for some people. Even though its not you

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

OP doesn’t mention what game mode they are playing, though one would assume official. However since their statement was rather broad, one would think they are speaking on behalf of everyone regardless of game mode.

If he doesn't furfill the information reqruierd to furfull any state official or onofficial it has no cause for any of us to debate wether its official or onofficial. Unofficial runs better yes, we all know that. Official runs crappy. Full of bugs and and glitches.  So you can assume he means official because thats still not finished yet.

6 minutes ago, Olivar said:
  • Thank you so very much for consistently letting down players whom have been with you since Arks inception  : I've been here since Ark's inception
  • new and old customers alike which have payed heaps of money to a company which has delivered  : bought all expansions, so includes me

Those are clear references that he's speaking for a multitude of people.
For the record: He does not, it's just very poor working to use multiple people as example/reference when the problems are affecting your own mood directly.

He's right that a large amount of players are very unhappy. Maybe you dont encounter that observation. But i sure have, on official servers alot of people aint to happy. Even though you might not encounter that. Its obviously alot of people are unhappy. Older players like me(april 2016) and younger players like my employees which bought the game last week to learn the game online.

official servers are laggy. Glitchy. And its just not finished. 

1 minute ago, hollander said:

He's right that a large amount of players are very unhappy. Maybe you dont encounter that observation. But i sure have, on official servers alot of people aint to happy. Even though you might not encounter that. Its obviously alot of people are unhappy. Older players like me(april 2016) and younger players like my employees which bought the game last week to learn the game online.

official servers are laggy. Glitchy. And its just not finished. 

Then answer me this : You keep playing on them because?

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

From what ive seen most people play official because its the easiest way to be connected to a large multitude of people especially on consoles where unofficals are limited but have to agree unofficial is my preferred play experience 

4 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Because i love this game! Its amazing..

its like a marriage with a beautifull woman that has its flaws. You stick with her even though lots of things are wrong. But because you love her to much your staying with her. 

But that does not mean you dont want to solve the issues you dont like. But there will always be some kind of issue which is okay! But that does not mean you quit on her

i like official because im connected and playing this game as wildcard thought it intended to be. I love the politics. I like the dangers that other servers can bring.

unofficial cant offer me that. Even though unofficial can offer me better server settings. I will always choose my official wife.

hows that for an explanation:)!

4 minutes ago, RabidWarpig said:

From what ive seen most people play official because its the easiest way to be connected to a large multitude of people especially on consoles where unofficals are limited but have to agree unofficial is my preferred play experience 

Official is better cuz no one can god mode through ur base lol not the more 

1 minute ago, hollander said:

Because i love this game! Its amazing..

its like a marriage with a beautifull woman that has its flaws. You stick with her even though lots of things are wrong. But because you love her to much your staying with her. 

But that does not mean you dont want to solve the issues you dont like. But there will always be some kind of issue which is okay! But that does not mean you quit on her

i like official because im connected and playing this game as wildcard thought it intended to be. I love the politics. I like the dangers that other servers can bring.

unofficial cant offer me that. Even though unofficial can offer me better server settings. I will always choose my official wife.

hows that for an explanation:)!

I can follow that reasoning, but it definitely isn't a compelling argument for me :D
I'd rather have my stable server with great gameplay than suffer from the horrendous connection problems/ rubberbanding and lag.

But nonetheless, thanks for answer it :)
We all play for different reasons in the end :)

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

I can follow that reasoning, but it definitely isn't a compelling argument for me :D
I'd rather have my stable server with great gameplay than suffer from the horrendous connection problems/ rubberbanding and lag.

But nonetheless, thanks for answer it :)
We all play for different reasons in the end :)

Its all good mate i understand you to. Have a nice weekend

3 minutes ago, Deadgiga said:

Official is better cuz no one can god mode through ur base lol not the more 

Theres always singleplayer :D lol but no i get where your coming from its unsavory knowing that someone has that kind of power but can also be a relief when someone can save your glitched dinos on a whim

Archived