$2000 Dollar prize, First to kill the Aberration Boss on Official Servers.

CrackerJackx13

19 hours ago, Todgins said:

The prizepool was taken down weeks ago. It was done wayyy before the message being taken down from the load screen, but once taken away from the load screen means its no longer avaliable.

What I thought too, but I've been looking for who got it and the only video I found is from A-team that apparently did not get the money because of the Drake camo thinggy? Or was I misled? 

Just trying my luck x) 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

yeah them only caring bout the money does get kinda old..

Well, of course they care about making money... otherwise they wouldn't be in business anymore.

On the other hand I've never seen a gaming company invest so heavily in their customer base.

$60k per month given to the Sponsored Mods project.

Another couple of grand each month going towards the Community Crunch contest prizes.

Aside from prize awarding organized tournaments, which as a general rule have their own revenue generating capabilities, I rarely see game companies spread the financial love around in such a direct manner.

Just sayin'

4 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Well, of course they care about making money... otherwise they wouldn't be in business anymore.

On the other hand I've never seen a gaming company invest so heavily in their customer base.

$60k per month given to the Sponsored Mods project.

Another couple of grand each month going towards the Community Crunch contest prizes.

Aside from prize awarding organized tournaments, which as a general rule have their own revenue generating capabilities, I rarely see game companies spread the financial love around in such a direct manner.

Just sayin'

All sounds great but for a game centered around character progression What sense does it make to not establish protection of character information and effective restoration capability. Rollback character deletion has been going on more than a year now, no resolution to stop it, and nothing established to restore them. And now to add salt to it more they dont even restore levels for loss xp due to CHOICE(policy) they set.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I am curious if the prize has been paid out, or if they rescinded the reward. I have not seen any official word from Wildcard stating a payout, or anything anywhere of anyone saying they claimed it.

The cloaked drake method has since been fixed according to the patch notes.

Considering the people who made the video haven't raised a massive uproar about it, it seems safe to say WC paid them off and fixed the bug. 

43 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

All sounds great but for a game centered around character progression What sense does it make to not establish protection of character information and effective restoration capability. Rollback character deletion has been going on more than a year now, no resolution to stop it, and nothing established to restore them. And now to add salt to it more they dont even restore levels for loss xp due to CHOICE(policy) they set.

Yeah I would much rather them put more money into actually fixing all the major bugs and glitches in the game before worrying about mods, actually getting the game to work properly seems at the bottom of their list of priorities.

18 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Considering the people who made the video haven't raised a massive uproar about it, it seems safe to say WC paid them off and fixed the bug. 

That's a pretty big assumption there.

We could also safely say, considering Wildcards record on dishing out entire tribe bans for one or two people cheating/exploiting(Which by definition is what they did since it was not an intended function that they did exploit, and which was immediately fixed as soon as it came to light), they offered them all bans or to take no payout and walk away silently.

We can speculate anything at this point, eh?

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That's a pretty big assumption there.

We could also safely say, considering Wildcards record on dishing out entire tribe bans for one or two people cheating/exploiting(Which by definition is what they did since it was not an intended function that they did exploit, and which was immediately fixed as soon as it came to light), they offered them all bans or to take no payout and walk away silently.

We can speculate anything at this point, eh?

Yes. We can speculate anything. I make it a habit of looking at the information available and basing my opinion on the explanation that requires the least leaps of faith.

17 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Yes. We can speculate anything. I make it a habit of looking at the information available and basing my opinion on the explanation that requires the least leaps of faith.

True story.

So information that is available; A-Team got dev wiped and banned for undermesh exploits and probably some other poop back in or around November, along with a few other large tribe. Now at this time the devs did make some statements saying they were not banned from playing ark, just from those accounts so they were free to play as long as they purchased new copies.

Now fast forward to December 14, Ark offers 2k reward, Dec 24th A-Team posts video of challenged completed using what is technically an exploit. Something their tribe has already been wiped/banned for. And here we are, a little over a month later, and there is literally no word from Wildcard or A-Team on a payout. So thats where we're at.

15 hours ago, Inigo said:

True story.

So information that is available; A-Team got dev wiped and banned for undermesh exploits and probably some other poop back in or around November, along with a few other large tribe. Now at this time the devs did make some statements saying they were not banned from playing ark, just from those accounts so they were free to play as long as they purchased new copies.

Now fast forward to December 14, Ark offers 2k reward, Dec 24th A-Team posts video of challenged completed using what is technically an exploit. Something their tribe has already been wiped/banned for. And here we are, a little over a month later, and there is literally no word from Wildcard or A-Team on a payout. So thats where we're at.

Stealthing drakes in a fight wasnt an exploit it was a wildcard mess up. Unless the stealthing is not what you are referring to as "exploit". How are we to know it is not intended to be used..... You add new boss, you allow dino to go to said boss, and you have a stealth ability. So did somebody get the money or did wildcard just use the challange as i originally thought it was for, just to bait out their mistakes.

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Stealthing drakes in a fight wasnt an exploit it was a wildcard mess up. Unless the stealthing is not what you are referring to as "exploit". How are we to know it is not intended to be used..... You add new boss, you allow dino to go to said boss, and you have a stealth ability. So did somebody get the money or did wildcard just use the challange as i originally thought it was for, just to bait out their mistakes.

The "I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that!" skit doesn't work that well outside of the comedy club. The players knew they were exploiting an unintended mechanic. No reasonably intelligent person thinks, "Oh hey! I'll bet Wildcard purposely left invisibility on Drakes in the fight so players could ignore all the mechanics they programmed."

I've got no issues with the argument that Wildcard offered the challenge to get people to do the boss and rustle out any bugs. Similarly, I think they (the guys who found the unintended mechanic and exploited it) should have gotten the money. They didn't beat the fight as intended, but in my opinion they earned it simply by finding and demonstrating the exploit.

7 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Stealthing drakes in a fight wasnt an exploit it was a wildcard mess up. Unless the stealthing is not what you are referring to as "exploit". How are we to know it is not intended to be used..... You add new boss, you allow dino to go to said boss, and you have a stealth ability. So did somebody get the money or did wildcard just use the challange as i originally thought it was for, just to bait out their mistakes.

@Jatheish maybe this guy has something to say about it?

Archived