$2000 Dollar prize, First to kill the Aberration Boss on Official Servers.

CrackerJackx13

$2000 Dollar prize, First to kill the Aberration Boss on Official Servers with video proof? Who is taking part in this and who will get it first, console or pc? Also is this a last ditch effort to bring people back to Ark, with the state of the game(undermapping, etc)  and player base (look at offical server player count) the way it is?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am gonna be attempting this in single player, with default settings. i had to start a new game cuz i botched my first attempt at aberration, at least it is easier than scorched earth is so far. i am still in the beginning and just barely getting my first base built in an area where there is no water, ((easiest) spawn region), i know where water is, however there are some really awful dinos down there. atm, i try to eat as many berries as i can before i die to give me a little more time of exploration and building.

i got the ps4 edition.

i think it is mainly just sharing the screenshot that gets taken when you get the trophy for killing the boss. the ps4 automatically takes a snapshot at trophies, as for pc, you can just hit f12 to take a pic right at that moment. i assume that is what they want. you could probably send a link to the vid of you streaming and the boss being fought and killed by you, though.

biggest difficulty of this is getting the equipment needed to get those trophy items to get the artifact needed to go get to the boss, from what i understand. as i havent been successful yet in The Island, i am hoping to potentially do it in aberration without cheating and changing the difficulty to make it easier.

12 minutes ago, Soapstone said:

i think it is mainly just sharing the screenshot that gets taken when you get the trophy for killing the boss. the ps4 automatically takes a snapshot at trophies, as for pc, you can just hit f12 to take a pic right at that moment. i assume that is what they want. you could probably send a link to the vid of you streaming and the boss being fought and killed by you, though.

biggest difficulty of this is getting the equipment needed to get those trophy items to get the artifact needed to go get to the boss, from what i understand. as i havent been successful yet in The Island, i am hoping to potentially do it in aberration without cheating and changing the difficulty to make it easier.

Video proof, so a video of the fight.

The trophy items will be a cake walk in comparison with the grind needed to obtain the tames needed for the fight, and the fight mechanics look to make it a hard one.

Basically, this is the revs way of checking it is do-able without bugs or glitches/runs as intended on official as arks player base has proven extremely good at finding bugs and ways to avoid the mechanics. But it is going to create tension in the tribes attempting it as there is only one $2000 reward for first submission whilst 8-10 players will be in that fight, and have spent a month working towards it. 

yea, i plan to do it the normal way, with default settings, i dont plan to alter them at all to boost how fast i grow, too many people seem to prefer using the boost settings to maximize attack damage and other things for single player or for the non-ded or pvt servers, i am one of the few who dislike cheating, and want to slog through the mechanics to officially get there.

not even if they boost their experience and attack damage from the settings of the sp menu? i would assume people do that and see everything, i am more traditional and hate cheating like that.

i havent tamed anything, still got cloth armor, am able to kill low level raptors and scorps though. Still in The Ancient Device region, as well. Mostly been working on my starter base, it is a 2x4 setup so far, just doing the wood upgrade for the walls, ceiling and floor.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Soapstone said:

not even if they boost their experience and attack damage from the settings of the sp menu? i would assume people do that and see everything, i am more traditional and hate cheating like that.

The challenge mention "official servers"; there is no admins there. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, ArkCreation said:

If I include all my findings on single player to an official tribe on how to beat the boss and how much time it will take to prepare, do I still get the prize? And would my cut be smaller or bigger because of it?

No, this is simply for people that defeat the Alpha boss on Official, it's as simple as that.

On 12/15/2017 at 3:35 AM, GP said:

Nope, no last ditch effort, take off the tinfoil hats.

They did the exact same thing for Scorched Earth I believe, maybe even the Center Boss too. They are just doing what they have done before, no conspiracy or anything.

I think they did it for scortched earth, not for the other maps though, all it is, is speculation, that is all no tinfoil hat just speculation on a great marketing. Anybody achieve it yet though?

3 hours ago, CrackerJackx13 said:

I think they did it for scortched earth, not for the other maps though, all it is, is speculation, that is all no tinfoil hat just speculation on a great marketing. Anybody achieve it yet though?

Center map boss fight was rewarded, i remember cause everybody was running to get it asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived