jacobr

Cant join player dedicated server from host account

So I've had problems lately with player dedicated servers. Xbox one

1. They don't show up on the ark server list

2. Host accounts won't let me join them

The second problem is the one i'm most concerned and aggravated about because I know most of the time servers don't show up on the server list and that's fine because I find servers to play on through the internet. However when I add a host account to join someone's server it goes fine for a day or two but then I can no longer join because when I try to (I play on xbox 1) the join game option is grayed out and won't let me join even though it says that the account is on Ark Survival Evolved. I have a group of 5 people I play with and they can't join the server either and say they're having the same problem I am. Really wish ark would get fixed instead of wildcard adding new content before finishing or fixing the old stuff. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN! ;(

5 hours ago, jacobr said:

The second problem is the one i'm most concerned and aggravated about because I know most of the time servers don't show up on the server list and that's fine because I find servers to play on through the internet. However when I add a host account to join someone's server it goes fine for a day or two but then I can no longer join because when I try to (I play on xbox 1) the join game option is grayed out and won't let me join even though it says that the account is on Ark Survival Evolved. I have a group of 5 people I play with and they can't join the server either and say they're having the same problem I am. Really wish ark would get fixed instead of wildcard adding new content before finishing or fixing the old stuff. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN! ;(

Been preaching this topic for a while now. This issue has been around mostly since patch 765. Absolutely ridiculous. survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/272234-dedicated-server-issues-still-around/&tab=comments#comment-1640936

This has been happening to me for awhile on Xbox hosted sessions. It works for awhile then suddenly you can't join without an invite from someone already in the server you want to join. I heard rumors that there's a patch supposed to be coming out to fix it but not sure how much I believe that. It makes me not want to play anymore since I won't do official because the stats are so low. The only ones that I can always join are on the list of servers in the start screen but even a lot of those dont get enough population so they end up disappearing. 

On 1/4/2018 at 1:16 PM, AKxNIGHTSTALKER said:

anyone heard anything on this subject yet? having the same issue, and the only way to fix it is to reset the server. frustrating doing it 2 or 3 times a day

I am having this issue with my brother server he has it up and running . When I was there I had no problem with it . But when I went back home it's not working. Lol anyone wanna help a person out?

I have a solution for you. had the same problem for almost 4 months with my server "greying out" after about 3 hours and needing to be restarted. Turn off the server xbox's auto updates. (don't know if just the game or xbox software, I just turned them both off) my server has been running smooth for over a week instead of just 3 hours.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 12:43 PM, jacobr said:

•  
  •  
  • AKxNIGHTSTALKER
  • Early Birds
  • 9 posts

I have a solution for you. had the same problem for almost 4 months with my server "greying out" after about 3 hours and needing to be restarted. Turn off the server xbox's auto updates. (don't know if just the game or xbox software, I just turned them both off) my server has been running smooth for over a week instead of just 3 hours.