So about that Old Dino TLC pass...

ShinigamiGreed

I like the new Rex model. The head is a more accurate representation of a Tyrannosaurus Rex skull. I am very interested in new abilities/mechanics though. The design should be pretty straight forward since you only need to tweak certain aspects of the original  model. Some smoothing and a few new details. Hopefully the upgraded looks will come with some upgraded movement and attacks. 

1920px-Tyrannoskull.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I like the new Rex model. The head is a more accurate representation of a Tyrannosaurus Rex skull. I am very interested in new abilities/mechanics though. The design should be pretty straight forward since you only need to tweak certain aspects of the original  model. Some smoothing and a few new details. Hopefully the upgraded looks will come with some upgraded movement and attacks. 

1920px-Tyrannoskull.jpg

Obligatory rex isnt a rex comment. :P Interested that the size of the head is smaller in the new model. And I don't know why, such a small detail, but I love the teeth in the new model :D

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

The models look great, the rex looks so menacing I love it, I just hope they come with updated abilities and what not, the crunch didnt seem to give anything about that. Cant wait to see the spino and argy (hopefully). About the abilities did the saber get anything before release or was it just the updated model ? 

Saber got greatly reduced fall dmg and I think increased chitin harvest rate.

10 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Saber got greatly reduced fall dmg and I think increased chitin harvest rate.

Ah cool. Couldnt remeber that. Was hoping if what they did to the saber could give an inkling to what could be instore for other tlc creatures. Hoping for abilitiea rather than increase or decreases in certain stats etc. Hoping for like a rex bite ability, stego impale or a trike charge type of thing.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

The models look great, the rex looks so menacing I love it, I just hope they come with updated abilities and what not, the crunch didnt seem to give anything about that. Cant wait to see the spino and argy (hopefully). About the abilities did the saber get anything before release or was it just the updated model ? 

the saber got pimped visuals

and more efficiency in gatherid hides and hide-types

but no "unique" or "new" ability no

1 hour ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Barely looks that different TBH.

I thought that at first glance as well, but then I really started to study the differences.

Head proportions look much better and lose some of the subliminal "overgrown puppy" look it currently has, and the teeth are FAR better.

The folds of skin along the neck, chest, and belly look a lot more natural, doing away with the almost straight lines in places.

The texture of the scales looks much better, most noticeable on the belly and especially thighs.

The forelimbs now have some nice plates that make them look more like they belong there.

The feet are more proportional to the body.

I think that's actually a good sign, the changes make the Rex look more natural without being glaring. 

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Supaciv said:
On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 7:07 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:
Nothing wrong with giving a second chance, even to those who don't fully deserve it.

Lol second chance? I ha e lost count of the times they have come up empty with their deadlines and promises.... don't even get me started with the ragnarok desert update that has been done for over a month and they just HAVE chose not to release it...

Ragnarok is not made by Wildcard.

31 minutes ago, Supaciv said:
2 hours ago, MimiNuyasaka said:
Ragnarok is not made by Wildcard.

I am aware of that, but the ragnarok devs said months ago that they had handed over the desert update, and it was in wildcards hands..... so yes, it is up to wc to give us the update....

Months ago?  The only thing the Ragnarok devs completed "months ago" was the first part of the desert update, not the whole thing.

• Wildcard Community
8 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

You missed the point. The final section of the map has been finished for some time now by the Ragnarok devs. Its wildcard who is dragging their feet on releasing it.

It has not been "finished for some time now". As of December 9, the Ragnarok devs have stated on their discord that that the remainder of the desert and dungeon will be sometime between December 20-27.

Archived