Prevent Specific items from transfering to Aberration

Majix

Don't think it's possible without blocking all items, as far as I know there's no way to block specific items, the only thing I can of think that might work is preventing dino tames but don't know if that affects hatching an egg as well, for pteras you'd add this code in game.ini.

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

PreventDinoTameClassNames="Ptero_Character_BP_C"

The aberrant dinos have their own tags so if it works you could add the code for all none aberration dinos to prevent people hatching eggs, or if you use Ark Server Manager you can make all vanilla dinos untameable on your Aberration server.

I've got some fertilised dimorph eggs on my cluster and it's set up so I can transfer stuff so I'll give it a test later if I get time.

Edit: it works, kind of, the eggs will hatch and you can't claim the babies, at the moment I don't know if the baby will die or not as it's just wandering about in my base, checking it in superspyglass shows full health & food whereas a claimed baby will show it's actual health & food, either way it'll be impossible for anyone to hatch and use vanilla dinos but if they don't die you could end up with a load of useless dinos wandering about unless you kill them off, not ideal but it'll allow you to transfer items from other servers without anyone being able to hatch & use vanilla dinos.

3 hours ago, Phyrist said:

This will also disable taming on the non aberration map within the cluster... 

It's working OK for me, disabled dimorph taming on my Aberration server so eggs will hatch but you can't claim the baby, on my Ragnarok server I can still raise them plus just tamed a wild one to make sure, cluster is set up with ASM so don't know if that makes a difference?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.12.2017 at 8:45 AM, RageQuitter said:

Don't think it's possible without blocking all items, as far as I know there's no way to block specific items, the only thing I can of think that might work is preventing dino tames but don't know if that affects hatching an egg as well, for pteras you'd add this code in game.ini.

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

PreventDinoTameClassNames="Ptero_Character_BP_C"

The aberrant dinos have their own tags so if it works you could add the code for all none aberration dinos to prevent people hatching eggs, or if you use Ark Server Manager you can make all vanilla dinos untameable on your Aberration server.

I've got some fertilised dimorph eggs on my cluster and it's set up so I can transfer stuff so I'll give it a test later if I get time.

Edit: it works, kind of, the eggs will hatch and you can't claim the babies, at the moment I don't know if the baby will die or not as it's just wandering about in my base, checking it in superspyglass shows full health & food whereas a claimed baby will show it's actual health & food, either way it'll be impossible for anyone to hatch and use vanilla dinos but if they don't die you could end up with a load of useless dinos wandering about unless you kill them off, not ideal but it'll allow you to transfer items from other servers without anyone being able to hatch & use vanilla dinos.

what about the wyverns?

Archived