Mushroom recipes?

DeningWei

2 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

How many ascerbic mushrooms are needed for 1 narcotic? I know that ascerbic mushrooms generate the same torpor as a single narcotic which i why i ask.

They're used interchangibly with narcoberries, so 5.  They deliver around 20 torpor per mushroom though compared to 8 from a narcoberry.  The big difference is that the 20 torpor is delivered a LOT faster than narcoberries, even faster than narcotic, making narcoberries still the preferred berry for keeping a dino unconscious while being able to walk off and do other things.

8 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

How many ascerbic mushrooms are needed for 1 narcotic? I know that ascerbic mushrooms generate the same torpor as a single narcotic which i why i ask.

Seems like when used in the mortar and pestle you can replace narcoberries 1:1 with the narc mushrooms.  Or you can just feed them directly to your knocked out dino, seems to do about 15 torpor which is much better than a narcoberry.

6 hours ago, Brayn said:

They're used interchangibly with narcoberries, so 5.  They deliver around 20 torpor per mushroom though compared to 8 from a narcoberry.  The big difference is that the 20 torpor is delivered a LOT faster than narcoberries, even faster than narcotic, making narcoberries still the preferred berry for keeping a dino unconscious while being able to walk off and do other things.

Ahh yeah if you have the choice then might as well use the mushrooms to make narcotics and save the berries for a tame.  In the early stages though you dont have as much choice so just use either how you can to keep taming.

Well my story goes as follows, I went nighty night and tripping my balls off with those new mushrooms I decided to take a further couple of steps after my character spoke French from his backside for 10 seconds and got chomped by a raptor.. rinsed and repeated. the "narco" shrooms are powerful though. I always found it to be a tedious task making kibble. Im playing SP and I find it difficult in-between building, exploring surviving. I know one of the shrooms has the same as the stimberry effect as well.

The first couple days of play, thirst seemed to be a major issue.  I tried eating an aquatic mushroom thinking this should fill up my thirst meter right?  It didn't work very quickly so I abandoned the idea.  Shortly after I spawned in after a death, somewhere high up near mushroom forest.  It was a great spot for a base near metal, but no water.  I was dying of thirst after a short bit, but I had been picking shrooms and bushes and ended up with a stack of aquatic mushrooms.  So I ate  like 30 all at once.  Holy crap my thirst bar filled right up.  

Now I find it easy to survive even away from the lakes and rivers.  It doesn't take many of these shrooms to fill you up...its like a dot or hot effect for your water bar.  

Cheers

Archived