Heavy turret has 24 barrels but only 4 shoot

Corey77

31 minutes ago, Corey77 said:

It may be an OCD thing but selling a cheeseburger without the cheese isn't a cheeseburger. Why do heavy turrets have 24 barrels if they only shoot 4 at a time? Wouldn't it look better with just 4 barrels?

If you notice, the barrels are divided into sections of 4 barrels each.  Think of it as a high tech version of a gattling gun, except that instead of just firing one of it's multiple barrels at a time, if fires 4 at a time in sequence.

26 minutes ago, PhilNGraves said:

My old T134 on my blackhawk in the army had 6 barrels, and only one fired at a time... More barrels means higher fire rate and more time for non firing barrels to cool.  After changing a hot barrel on a browning M-2, I highly appreciate more barrels... talk about a bag-o-suck.

Ok for cooling that makes it sound way more reasonable. Thanks for the info

53 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

If you notice, the barrels are divided into sections of 4 barrels each.  Think of it as a high tech version of a gattling gun, except that instead of just firing one of it's multiple barrels at a time, if fires 4 at a time in sequence.

Ah I see that simplifies it and the rest can cool, would be way to broken if all 24 fired at once anyway

Archived