Reaper Queen Falsely Advertised.

TigerH99

When Aberration became avalible for purchase, in the description of the things you get on the store page, its says that if you buy the dlc, you will be able to get items like ziplines railguns, etc along with taming the rock drake and then it goes on to say that if you tough enough, you will be able to TAME and COMMAND the fearsome Nameless (aka Reaper) Queen to Terrify and impregnate your foes. Not only does the store page where you buy it say this but multiple times in the demo stream demonstrating the dlc , jat (or drake, who ever the guy with the black hat and beard is) says that the reaper queen will be tameable.

Yet when you buy the dlc you cant tame the Queen whatsoever, the only thing you can tame is a weaker version of the reaper king that can only be a max level of 76 on difficulty 5 before leveling it up by riding around killing stuff. No Queen, no impregnating your foes. Only a weaker knockoff off a weaker male varient.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did research it, many people in Videos and streams did it and all got kings Along with jat saying you could only get kings AFTER everyone has already bought it and been playing for a few hours. You cant raise the queen, they only come out kings. and only you can get impregnated by a wild queen, you cant tame one and impregnate others like it said you could. ( it specifically said impregnate YOUR ENEMIES)

• Volunteer Moderator

Ah well, maybe you birth a King, but you can still get impregnated and raise your own Reaper. I'm not sure where you saw the false advertising, you got a link? I mean, the description only mentions:

or—if you are talented enough to tame one—command the vile ‘Reaper Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!

Nowhere it mentions what you will give birth to...

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Ah well, maybe you birth a King, but you can still get impregnated and raise your own Reaper. I'm not sure where you saw the false advertising, you got a link? I mean, the description only mentions:

A reaper king isnt the same as a reaper queen, it is weaker and has less attacks and cant impregnate, also smaller. and in the very quote you give says if you are talented enough to tame one- Command the vile reaper QUEEN to IMPREGNATE YOU FOES. Giving birth to is taming. Also, i cant give links or reply occansionally because i am writing these at school on my phone during occasional break times. Also

just remembered the fact that if you force tame a queen and try to rider it. Your character will have many spikes going through them while on its back, the riding doesnt even have corret animation or placement, you just hover in the middle of a giant black spike impaled through your chest! 

SirPeter, you can still tame a weaker varient of the reaoer king which is a weaker varient of the reaper queen, so you may not be able to impregnate others but the weak tamed reaper king king still LOOKS the part, it just cant perform it in name, stats, or abilites and attacks.

Bennyrodz, you cant tame a queen at all, it dosent even have a riding animation, you character just sits there holding invisible reins in the seatting postion while a spike curves straight through your chest, and its not because your meant to have a saddle on it, there is no reaper queen saddle.

OH WOW, they just changed the store page discription to " if your brave enough, allow the reaper queen to impregate you and give birth to a male reaper alien lifeform that you can tame and command" AFTER everyone has already bought it and played past the 2 hour time limit to get your money back.

Bazkav, thats for taming the reaper king, not queen, the king is weaker then the queen and can not impregnate anyone.

I don't have aberration but if this is true, not being able to tame/birth whatever a queen that would be very upsetting a very strong part of why I wanted aberration. My motivation for purchasing it diminished a little. I may still buy it but serious let down for me as I am huge aliens fan and was really excited about this part of game. I agree that my perception of the way it was advertised was you could obtain a queen whether or not that was the real message I don't know but I understood it to be that way. Just my two cents as I was very excited about purchasing aberration, still excited but damn I really hate misinformation on ads and hype vids. Kills the excitement spirit a little.

3 hours ago, Bazkav said:

You have to beat reaper queen to within an inch of her life approach get impregnated busts out your chest... baby level depends on how much xp you accumulated while  impregnated.

When it's a baby you have to feed it while using reaper pheremone or it eats you. Takes 10+ days to raise

already know that, it only gives kings, also the new descrption they made recently (after most have already bought it and played for atleast 2 hours) says you only get the male (aka king) reapers. also just got back from school so i am on my main computer account, i had forgot the password at school and had made a new one. also dont expect me to reply back for atleast i would say... 2-3 hours atleast because i will be playing aberration and building a crab cage and a cannon to shot it with.

They want to make the reaper a rare and special tame, I think.  Balance wise, this means NOT allowing player reapers to do impregnation because then alpha tribes can just amass giant numbers of them.  Even low-level reapers are pretty strong.  Can you imagine?  Big tribes setting up reaper farms where they hunt down players just to use them as incubators for their reaper factories.

They are just trying to keep the game balanced as tamed creatures the rockdrake, basilisk, crab, reaper king and maybe spino are all pretty equal in terms of power but have different abilities giving players the option to choose their favourite without being at a disadvantage in pvp. If the reaper queen was tameable it would be a balance disaster just like the giga where it beats everything else. They also needed a mini boss creature like the Wild giga that no single tamed creature should be able to kill maintaining an environmental threat even in end game.

2 minutes ago, Varanus8 said:

They are just trying to keep the game balanced as tamed creatures the rockdrake, basilisk, crab, reaper king and maybe spino are all pretty equal in terms of power but have different abilities giving players the option to choose their favourite without being at a disadvantage in pvp. If the reaper queen was tameable it would be a balance disaster just like the giga where it beats everything else. They also needed a mini boss creature like the Wild giga that no single tamed creature should be able to kill maintaining an environmental threat even in end game.

they are not close in power, spino is alot easier to tame and while it is weaker then pretty much every other creature you mentioned, it can breed which makes him have better stats then the reset. a tameable queen wouldn't be a balance disaster if it was tamable, because it would be insanely hard to get, it could have the same stats as the reaper now (although be able to reach level 225 like every other creature in the game) just that it would be able to impregnate enemies. and to balance it more, they could use that platform tame limit function and make it to where a tribe can only have a certain amount of them.

1 hour ago, Scrysis said:

They want to make the reaper a rare and special tame, I think.  Balance wise, this means NOT allowing player reapers to do impregnation because then alpha tribes can just amass giant numbers of them.  Even low-level reapers are pretty strong.  Can you imagine?  Big tribes setting up reaper farms where they hunt down players just to use them as incubators for their reaper factories.

They already do that for blood bags, and it wouldnt work anyways, only the one who gives birth to it can tame it, so they couldnt hunt and use players for that. for balance, they could make the tamed reaper queen as strong as the tamed king, just that the queen could reach max level of 225 (level 225 may cause it to have a high base health, probably around 25k after reaching adult while a rex max can have about 17k after adult but it gains half as much health as the rex and would end up with around the only same health or slightly above after both are leveled up to max via riding and killing, around 55k and a rex has a saddle, a reaper dosent, and even if it ends up being stronger then a max breed rex, it would still be balanced because getting a max level fully imprinted queen would be alot harder then getting a max level breed rex. you only have to tranq and tame 2 high level rexes (and they are VERY easy to tranq and tame) that have good melee or good health and breed them together and imprint/raise them for 4 days, on the other hand  for a reaper you have to fight a wild queen (who although dosent hits THAT hard, has 45k health) and you have to let it attck your character when it get very low and get impregnated, then you have to get would have to get 225 level worth of xp before it was born (it would be pretty hard, you would probably have to keep a tab on some alphas to kill or go on a blood crazed reaper queen murder spree) then after killing tons of reapers for enough reaper pheramones (pheramones so your baby reaper dosent kill you) to last the first part of the raising process (the baby stage) while feeding it tons of meat (or to make it harder by requiring you to feed it milk like wyvern, they could make you get it from killing queens and alpha kings) and it would take about 2 weeks to fully grow, also still no saddle.

anyway, back to aberration, wild ravagers are so annyoing with there bleed and so tanky, hit one about 13 time with my ravager doing 78 a hit (or around 1k damage total) and the thing didn't even get bloody and its bleed quickly killed my ravager even thou my ravager was level 135 with a saddle and it was only level 45.

34 minutes ago, shileka said:

Ravagers are the most OP creatures in aberration, i emptied a revolver and a shotgun on 2 lvl 4 ones and still had to melee the last one

so are wild rock golems or gigas, but after taming them, the wild is still stronger.

14 hours ago, Scrysis said:

The OP isn't talking about balance, He is talking about a feature that was offered and then 'secretly' retracted.

I think that is false advertising as well.

Now if they addressed the fact that this feature is no longer a feature they are willing to offer due to balancing, that is them addressing a feature that could break the game but they didn't. They changed the description of the game and removed one of the limited features in the game.

11 minutes ago, ManGorilla said:

so are wild rock golems or gigas, but after taming them, the wild is still stronger.

The OP isn't talking about balance, He is talking about a feature that was offered and then 'secretly' retracted.

I think that is false advertising as well.

Now if they addressed the fact that this feature is no longer a feature they are willing to offer due to balancing, that is them addressing a feature that could break the game but they didn't. They changed the description of the game and removed one of the limited features in the game.

They never admit their wrongs, yes this may constitute false advertising, depending on your countries laws, but they could try and chalk it up to an 'unforeseen circumstance, but or error' In court and get it ignored. Whereas really a Dev just realised that once a mega tribe obtained one, they would impregnate every member, and use them as a new stego (the burrow would allow them to reach your wall before needing to tank, and her armour reduces damage taken from turrets). 

They COULD limit it to work on wilds only and have like a 5 min cool down, and reintroduce queens, but probably won't. Reducing number allowed by tribe means mega tribes will just impregnate their allies/split into more tribes to farm them reaper kings/queens, or make allied alts to impregnate as the imprinted rider bonus does not seem to have any effect (bug?). The alt can upload it, and main download it to transfer ownership instantly/across servers with ease.

21 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

When Aberration became avalible for purchase, in the description of the things you get on the store page, its says that if you buy the dlc, you will be able to get items like ziplines railguns, etc along with taming the rock drake and then it goes on to say that if you tough enough, you will be able to TAME and COMMAND the fearsome Nameless (aka Reaper) Queen to Terrify and impregnate your foes. Not only does the store page where you buy it say this but multiple times in the demo stream demonstrating the dlc , jat (or drake, who ever the guy with the black hat and beard is) says that the reaper queen will be tameable.

Yet when you buy the dlc you cant tame the Queen whatsoever, the only thing you can tame is a weaker version of the reaper king that can only be a max level of 76 on difficulty 5 before leveling it up by riding around killing stuff. No Queen, no impregnating your foes. Only a weaker knockoff off a weaker male varient.

Go up to the surface

On 14-12-2017 at 5:51 PM, invincibleqc said:

no offense, but in your own response lies the truth

"or—if you are talented enough to tame one—command the vile ‘Reaper Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!"

1) you can not tame the reaper queen as it says there
2) you can not command the queen (as you can not tame it)
3) you can not impregnant your enemies with the queen, because you can not tame it

4) reproductive chest bursters, that are not breedable = not reproductive

this is the original store page info

"The intense radiation of Aberration has led to incredible genetic mutations, resulting in new creatures with amazing abilities! Among others, clamber up walls & glide through the air on the back of a camouflaging chameleon-like ‘Rock Drake’, keep the dark at bay with a friendly ‘Lantern Pug’, grab and toss multiple creatures simultaneously with a massive ‘Cave Crustacean’, or -- if you are talented enough to tame one -- command the vile ‘Nameless Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!"

AFTER release (it was still the above when dlc went live, so all this data was to be expected)

it got chaned to

"Capture and tame fourteen new creature types with amazing abilities! Clamber up walls & glide through the air on a self-camouflaging Rock Drake’, keep the dark at bay with one of four friendly ‘Lantern Pets’, or grab and toss multiple creatures simultaneously with a massive ‘Cave Crustacean’, or -- if you are brave enough - allow the horrific "Reaper Queen" to impregnate you, and spawn a vicious male Reaper alien lifeform you can tame and control."

nowhere does it mention anything about taming the queen anymore and it clearly states that u can only get males..which is complelty different from the 
original line i cited first

as i said, they changed this info AFTER the dlc went live, in other words. the info was wrong, and misleading with the actual content that was offered

from my point of view, that is false advertising

2 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

no offense, but in your own response lies the truth

"or—if you are talented enough to tame one—command the vile ‘Reaper Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!"

1) you can not tame the reaper queen as it says there
2) you can not command the queen (as you can not tame it)
3) you can not impregnant your enemies with the queen, because you can not tame it

4) reproductive chest bursters, that are not breedable = not reproductive

this is the original store page info

"The intense radiation of Aberration has led to incredible genetic mutations, resulting in new creatures with amazing abilities! Among others, clamber up walls & glide through the air on the back of a camouflaging chameleon-like ‘Rock Drake’, keep the dark at bay with a friendly ‘Lantern Pug’, grab and toss multiple creatures simultaneously with a massive ‘Cave Crustacean’, or -- if you are talented enough to tame one -- command the vile ‘Nameless Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!"

AFTER release (it was still the above when dlc went live, so all this data was to be expected)

it got chaned to

"Capture and tame fourteen new creature types with amazing abilities! Clamber up walls & glide through the air on a self-camouflaging Rock Drake’, keep the dark at bay with one of four friendly ‘Lantern Pets’, or grab and toss multiple creatures simultaneously with a massive ‘Cave Crustacean’, or -- if you are brave enough - allow the horrific "Reaper Queen" to impregnate you, and spawn a vicious male Reaper alien lifeform you can tame and control."

nowhere does it mention anything about taming the queen, and it clearly states that u can only get males

as i said, they changed this info AFTER the dlc went life, in other words. the info was wrong, and misleading with the actual content that was offered

from my point of view, that is false advertising

The advertising has been changed to reflect current abilities.  Problem solved.

If you watch a couple of select youtube videos, you can see that the reaper queen *does* have controls to impregnate players on command.  It also disappears immediately after doing so.  They could have cut the feature due to either balance, or because they didn't have enough time to de-couple the impregnation command with the burrow/disappear behavior.  We won't know unless they tell us the reasoning.

If you bought the DLC prior to release, then you KNEW you were paying for a product that was under development and that could change.  That's on YOU, not the developers.  If you bought the DLC after release, well, you hardly have cause to complain since the new description is there for all to see.

If you're complaining because you can't legitimately get a reaper queen (which I think this thread is REALLY about), then post a thread about that, and not some cheesy "false advertising" gimmick.  Maybe you'll get lucky and either Jen or Eli will tell us what happened to the idea of reaper queen taming.  None of us know why it was changed.  I'm sure they have some pretty good reasons for it.

7 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

The advertising has been changed to reflect current abilities.  Problem solved.

If you watch a couple of select youtube videos, you can see that the reaper queen *does* have controls to impregnate players on command.  It also disappears immediately after doing so.  They could have cut the feature due to either balance, or because they didn't have enough time to de-couple the impregnation command with the burrow/disappear behavior.  We won't know unless they tell us the reasoning.

If you bought the DLC prior to release, then you KNEW you were paying for a product that was under development and that could change.  That's on YOU, not the developers.  If you bought the DLC after release, well, you hardly have cause to complain since the new description is there for all to see.

If you're complaining because you can't legitimately get a reaper queen (which I think this thread is REALLY about), then post a thread about that, and not some cheesy "false advertising" gimmick.  Maybe you'll get lucky and either Jen or Eli will tell us what happened to the idea of reaper queen taming.  None of us know why it was changed.  I'm sure they have some pretty good reasons for it.

so it is my own fault? good to know

if something changes, then it's not much work to adapt the description for it no?

if they decided to cut the reaper queen, and actually said so in the dlc "reaper queen will not be tamable" then everyone would be ok with it

HOWEVER

when the dlc was released, it still stated that she IS tamable

i mean post 5 (the moderator post) is from yesterday, 2 days AFTER release and it still said in the store page that the queen is tamable
the dlc store page was changed yesterday in the late day

which means: for more then 2 days there was "false" info in it

i really don't understand why you could not understand that lol
your words:

"If you bought the DLC prior to release, then you KNEW you were paying for a product that was under development and that could change.  That's on YOU, not the developers.  If you bought the DLC after release, well, you hardly have cause to complain since the new description is there for all to see."

people who bought it even 2 days AFTER release, had the same info as the ones BEFORE release, as the info was not changed "yet"
so no, you can't justify it lol

Archived