Reaper Queen Falsely Advertised.

TigerH99

In all serious Ness though, everything they have released like they release it like they think it’s an  MMO.  Additional content always coming soon. But they aren’t an MMO. Remember when we got out of early access?  They posted on the website how amazing their trailer was but all us legacy players got was like a bug fix.

Everything else was so negative about it. I’m surprised they didn’t figure it out.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping they give some sort of explanation and possibly change it to what was originally advertised, that was a major selling point for me personally and I'm assuming many others as well. Either way I don't expect anything to change and I still feel better about WC as a company than I do Bungie, Activision, or EA

3 minutes ago, shiny said:

From the latest patchnotes:

Reaper Queen now has a particle indicator when ready to choose a host for its offspring (below the health threshold)

Source:

Why is this topic falsely advertising that they are falsely advertising the game ? :D

did you even bother to read all?
everyone knows the (wild) reaper queen impregnants you, and you get a reaper king
however, this was not what it said (read below)

now take the time to read everything, and ask yourself the following 4 questions

1) why is reaper queen not tameble
2) why can i not control the reaper queen
3) why can't i impregnant my foes
4) why are chest bursters (reapers) not reproductive

small hint: "or—if you are talented enough to tame one—command the vile ‘Reaper Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!"

Yea I’m disappointed aswell and I really love the look for the queen it was the creature I wanted the most but I guess my dreams are ruined, If they made it non-tameable for balance reasons then they could have put an option were it is tameable in single player, non-dedicated and dedicated but not in official I mean that’s honestly better then having it a non-tameable but that’s just my opinion and they probably won’t see it.

I haven't yet tried raising a reaper but hope to do so soon. This thread has just confused the heck out of me and I'm beginning to doubt whether anyone really knows how to obtain a reaper. From what I have learnt from our very own ark wiki page, the gender of reaper babies is in fact 'undistinguishable' and can be either called 'king' or 'queen'. (18/12/2017) Everything advertised before aberrations release no longer applies now that the DLC is out and unless you all want to bring up false advertising again and claim misrepresentation feel free to do so only brace for the heat of surface flames. Lines blur when information is changed afterwards and this is where I get confused. My trusted wiki resource says one thing and now I'm hearing only males can be raised? I wont go complaining about a clash of information since wiki is in fact unaffiliated with the game producer and therefore it doesn't matter legally if their information is incorrect as much as if the game publishers were misleading. Gah it's a shame if there is no tamed reaper Queens but also a relief. It would cause imbalance in Pvp game play since it would only make the weak weaker and the strong stronger. If you want to contest me on this go ahead. I love a good debate. 

As for commanding the Reaper Queen, if wiki doesn't lie and in fact babies can be reaper Queens (probably more rarer if the Devs are smart about it and probably why doing it several times results in a king) it is not incorrect that you can impregnated your foes since that is exactly what you would be able to do in Pvp.

And as for the edited version of the advertisement... It does not clearly state that only reaper males can be raised. No where in their sentence does it say a reaper Queen cannot be spawned and is in fact marvelously vague. Sure it is implied but there is no ground for false advertising. Now if jat had really said after questionable time from release has passed that you can only get reaper kings I'll raise up my banner and vote for Queen reaper. 

On 14-12-2017 at 5:35 PM, TigerH99 said:

These wildcard developers are pissing me off so much... delaying a dlc  and  putting the reaper queen in front of all the advertisments as the FACE of the new dlc, the creature that everyone want turning out to be untamable..  WHY ADD A CREATURE TO THE DLC  IF ITS NOT TAMEABLE. NO I DONT WANT THAT CR4PPY REAPER KING I WANT THE GODDA M REAPER QUEEN 

YOU GUYS BETTER FIX THIS WITH A UPDATE

On 14-12-2017 at 5:55 PM, TigerH99 said:

A reaper king isnt the same as a reaper queen, it is weaker and has less attacks and cant impregnate, also smaller. and in the very quote you give says if you are talented enough to tame one- Command the vile reaper QUEEN to IMPREGNATE YOU FOES. Giving birth to is taming. Also, i cant give links or reply occansionally because i am writing these at school on my phone during occasional break times. Also

just remembered the fact that if you force tame a queen and try to rider it. Your character will have many spikes going through them while on its back, the riding doesnt even have corret animation or placement, you just hover in the middle of a giant black spike impaled through your chest! 

SirPeter, you can still tame a weaker varient of the reaoer king which is a weaker varient of the reaper queen, so you may not be able to impregnate others but the weak tamed reaper king king still LOOKS the part, it just cant perform it in name, stats, or abilites and attacks.

Bennyrodz, you cant tame a queen at all, it dosent even have a riding animation, you character just sits there holding invisible reins in the seatting postion while a spike curves straight through your chest, and its not because your meant to have a saddle on it, there is no reaper queen saddle.

OH WOW, they just changed the store page discription to " if your brave enough, allow the reaper queen to impregate you and give birth to a male reaper alien lifeform that you can tame and command" AFTER everyone has already bought it and played past the 2 hour time limit to get your money back.

Bazkav, thats for taming the reaper king, not queen, the king is weaker then the queen and can not impregnate anyone.

U sir a so right. I like to tame stuff for the looks i dont want that shïyty reaper king i was so hyped about the queen being that big, lookint that awesome...

This has ruined the whole hype of abberation 4 me 

Well it appears this will never be addressed.. it's sad all I really want at this point is an apology and acknowledgement of what happened. But rather it will be silence and anyone who refuses to drop this topic will the the village crazy people after a while and everyone will just kind of shy away from them. So since they won't say anything really the only way I can see this being made right is if the developers make the reaper queen able to impregnate any dino so there could be reaper hybrids of all types of stuff running around!! I know that's ridiculous but it would be awesome! Just imagine an end game mode where that's possible and everything gets really difficult all over again. On single player where I play I would deliver a giga to the reaper queen just to see what monstrosity would be born from that pairing. @Jatheish c'mon you can still make this right ;).

perhaps you can get the queen "who is stronger than males" rarely from being impregnated and impregnate players "maybe small dinos to..." with it which then just spawns tiny fleshy looking reapers after killing host in a few minutes that,s allied and attacks enemies players but since the queen was not designed to be bred in humans the one you inside you from a wild queen cannot produce viable offspring in humans only these weaker variants "perhaps they have a limited lifespan to?  then to produve viable offspring "only male's" perhaps you have top use the tail attack on unconscious large enemies IE spino rex drake etc then when they wake a buff is applied that makes them go into rage mode and attack everything "gaining xp for baby" you would need to provide prey to it for more XP and protect it from and large enemies that may attack it after a while it dies and a reaper crawls on out maybe this could be done on unconscious large tames to but I think doing it only to KO wilds would be a lot more challenging and fun !!! maybe the queen "mutates" into laying actual eggs "imagine a egg coming out of its tail" since it was grown in a human "alien had this happen when a xenomorph started to produce live birth offspring form absorbing human dna"

then 

@Captnmorgan yes I said the site is unaffiliated with arks game publishers. The site says that they are not connected to ark in that capacity. And as for information being up to date the information I stated was in fact last edited on 18/12/2017 hence why I added it onto the end. Whether or not the information is useful I was just making a point about how little everyone seems to know about the reapers. 

12 minutes ago, DomeBlue said:

@Captnmorgan yes I said the site is unaffiliated with arks game publishers. The site says that they are not connected to ark in that capacity. And as for information being up to date the information I stated was in fact last edited on 18/12/2017 hence why I added it onto the end. Whether or not the information is useful I was just making a point about how little everyone seems to know about the reapers. 

Lucky by nature recent video on raising a reaper is very indepth about the reaper and very reliable, has some info the wiki didnt know like how the level of the queen affects the king and that you CAN get a level 225 king ( not just 76) although it still gains half as much as a rex per level (2.7 vs 5.4 per level for health and 0.85 vs 1.75 per level for melee) like the wki said which means it once fully leveled is still weaker the a fully leveled rex who is easier to get and has a saddle while the reaper king doesnt but the king can jump. Also. More on topic, jen just again confirmed that you can only get kings.

Jen [ Community Manager ] tweeted
@bubblywums I have a question, when you are impregnated by a Reaper Queen, will you give birth to a Queen as well or is it just fixed to be a king you give birth to?

@Stormreign20 Always a King.

unfortunately our concerns were confirmed.  We have been blatantly lied to without a single word of notice nor explanation.

33 minutes ago, NeroHiro said:

i'm confused why people keep saying you can only get level 75-85 reapers, the level of the reaper that comes out of you is based off the reaper queen that impregnates you, so if its 150 it will be 150, and if you grind the exp to be +75 it will be 225, we've done this twice already, maybe it's just unofficial.

That was a misconception spread by wiki and ark youtuber noobs because they only tested level 1 queens and never thought to test a higher level queen and yet never showed the queens level, causing people to think that the queen was a random level queen and that they only came out at level one ( plus the 75 baby levels), the wiki didnt help with it passing this as fact ( why alot of youtubers seem to hate to show off level or stats and only show taming method, looks, and attacks is a mystery to me).

Even then the level thing was a gripe because it made it weak, even thou it actually can reach level 225 still dosent change the argument that its weak because it still only gains half as much per level up point then a rex thus making a fully leveled breed rex stronger yet easier to get then a fully leveled imprinted reaper, reaper not having a saddle dosent help. (also once aberrant megalo breeding is fixed they will also be stronger and easier to get when maxed)

I don't know any who has/hasn't noticed it but it looks like they did buff the king (still not what I want because I made it clear in prior post...NOT GOOD ENOUGH WILDCARD!¬¬) But the king damage was increased by 300% so anyone playing Aberration let me know if it makes the sting of awful lies hurt less or not. On PS4 where I am playing it's still in cert but I think it's live on PC? Haven't looked.

@Jatheish @Jen @Jeremy Stieglitz @anyoneWhoMattersAndWillMakeThisRightCmonItsNotThatHardToJustMakeAStatementAboutThisAndSayYouMessedUpGeesh

I quoted myself below to make it easy to find what I am looking for haha I don't care how ridiculous it is it would be awesome. At least make it an endgame event that can be toggled on and off in single player where I play;).

Current ARK Official PS4 Server Network Servers Version: v516.93

Current ARK Official Client Version: v518

Upcoming Version: v518.2 IN CERT
- Aberrant dinos set to downloadable on non-Aberration servers.
- Fix for Prim+ not being cooked properly and showing false engrams.
- Added Basilisk saddle to Smithy-type crafting stations where it was meant to be.
- Fixed some Lantern Pet inventories mistakenly being flagged as Tribute Inventories.
- Fixed server language crash
- Reduced Cavewolf damage by approximately 40%
- Increased Wild Basilisk HP by 50%

- Increased Wild Reaper King Damages by 300%
- Made Aqua Shroom properly restore Water stat
- Added Nameless to certain areas of Biolum Chamber where they were missing
- Removed Piranhas from starting-area pool
- Fixed case where Aberration Endboss sometimes wouldn't appear on clients, also fixed similar issue with Ragnarok Endbosses
- Fix for Sarcos spawning in beginner portal pool
- Wild non-alpha Reaper Kings no longer grant XP
- Platform switch collision is improved to allow you to easily directly climb onto it with a ladder attached to the elevator track
- Wood elevator platform weight limit increased
- Wood elevator can now be lifted while it's falling to stop it, and you can now repeatedly click the lift command without having to re-open the action wheel
- Postprocessing Error fix
- Fixed a crash when looking at Turrets set to Survivors and Mounted Players 

On 12/18/2017 at 7:58 AM, SirPeter said:

Well it appears this will never be addressed.. it's sad all I really want at this point is an apology and acknowledgement of what happened. But rather it will be silence and anyone who refuses to drop this topic will the the village crazy people after a while and everyone will just kind of shy away from them. So since they won't say anything really the only way I can see this being made right is if the developers make the reaper queen able to impregnate any dino so there could be reaper hybrids of all types of stuff running around!! I know that's ridiculous but it would be awesome! Just imagine an end game mode where that's possible and everything gets really difficult all over again. On single player where I play I would deliver a giga to the reaper queen just to see what monstrosity would be born from that pairing. @Jatheish c'mon you can still make this right ;).

14 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

I don't know any who has/hasn't noticed it but it looks like they did buff the king (still not what I want because I made it clear in prior post...NOT GOOD ENOUGH WILDCARD!¬¬) But the king damage was increased by 300% so anyone playing Aberration let me know if it makes the sting of awful lies hurt less or not. On PS4 where I am playing it's still in cert but I think it's live on PC? Haven't looked.

@Jatheish @Jen @Jeremy Stieglitz @anyoneWhoMattersAndWillMakeThisRightCmonItsNotThatHardToJustMakeAStatementAboutThisAndSayYouMessedUpGeesh

I quoted myself below to make it easy to find what I am looking for haha I don't care how ridiculous it is it would be awesome. At least make it an endgame event that can be toggled on and off in single player where I play;).

Current ARK Official PS4 Server Network Servers Version: v516.93

Current ARK Official Client Version: v518

Upcoming Version: v518.2 IN CERT
- Aberrant dinos set to downloadable on non-Aberration servers.
- Fix for Prim+ not being cooked properly and showing false engrams.
- Added Basilisk saddle to Smithy-type crafting stations where it was meant to be.
- Fixed some Lantern Pet inventories mistakenly being flagged as Tribute Inventories.
- Fixed server language crash
- Reduced Cavewolf damage by approximately 40%
- Increased Wild Basilisk HP by 50%

- Increased Wild Reaper King Damages by 300%
- Made Aqua Shroom properly restore Water stat
- Added Nameless to certain areas of Biolum Chamber where they were missing
- Removed Piranhas from starting-area pool
- Fixed case where Aberration Endboss sometimes wouldn't appear on clients, also fixed similar issue with Ragnarok Endbosses
- Fix for Sarcos spawning in beginner portal pool
- Wild non-alpha Reaper Kings no longer grant XP
- Platform switch collision is improved to allow you to easily directly climb onto it with a ladder attached to the elevator track
- Wood elevator platform weight limit increased
- Wood elevator can now be lifted while it's falling to stop it, and you can now repeatedly click the lift command without having to re-open the action wheel
- Postprocessing Error fix
- Fixed a crash when looking at Turrets set to Survivors and Mounted Players 

Thats the wild ones, tamed werent touched. Griffins were nerfed thou, health cut in half although no decrease to the amount of health a grffin loses when you tame it, level 1 griffins now have negative hp, yes negetive, a single hit from anything can kill it, a baby born 2 months early on life support could kill it, let that sink in.

Just now, TigerH99 said:

Thats the wild ones, tamed werent touched.

Aw you're right. Right in my face, dumb brain hasn't been working past two days. I need a vacation I work too much! This Reaper Queen thing has me all torn up my life is just a mess right now haha. Ok we'll just pretend I didn't say anything about that but the need for someone important to acknowledge this still remains and I'll probably hold onto this for an entire 15min before giving up since I am probably just wasting my breath on this whole thing.

• 10 months later...

Archived