Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lewisbevo171yt

when is s+ comeing to ps4

2 hours ago, Amalar said:

So over one year that it was announced as a mod that was going to be integrated into the base game, and not a SINGLE update =(

There were many updates. And one as recent as 3 weeks ago in the Community Crunch.

On 8/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, Jen said:

Survivor Caleb H asks, “Is there a scheduled frame of time that the S+ mod mechanics will be implemented? If so, when could we expect to see them? I'm sure the community would love to see the progress you have made.”

S+ is a shining example of the benefits of releasing mod tools to the community. It contains a number of improvements to the building system that we’d like to integrate. That said, it also contains a number of features and mechanics that circumvent systems in the game. Given this, we aren’t planning to integrate the mod wholesale. We are, however, examining and tracking individual improvements that would make sense to integrate. Any improvements in this area would come after Extinction launches.

16 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

There were many updates. And one as recent as 3 weeks ago in the Community Crunch.

Thank you! I am a bit behind on those. Although it is still quite some time since it was announced....

I am just very excited for QOL things like the Hitching Post, Pull Menu, Better Snap Points....

If only structures+ would improve the dino pathing AI, I'm still finding it horrible... Esp with how often stuff gets stuck on trees or rocks.

2 hours ago, Amalar said:

I am just very excited for QOL things like the Hitching Post, Pull Menu, Better Snap Points....

There's no guarantees any of that will come with S+. Snap point more than likely, but nothing else is guaranteed to come with it yet.

22 hours ago, GP said:

There's no guarantees any of that will come with S+. Snap point more than likely, but nothing else is guaranteed to come with it yet.

Maybe they should just make an announcement that it is no longer being integrated into the game.

To be honest at this point with the disappearing tames problem I have been having, reload bug, and now news that structures+ is essentially not actually coming to base game at all, I am really discouraged. Is it just console is last priority? My friend just picked up the game and we have been excited to start playing again, renting our own server, but this is too much.

1 hour ago, Amalar said:

Maybe they should just make an announcement that it is no longer being integrated into the game.

Why would they do that?  S+ will be coming to the base game, although obviously they aren't going to bring in the elements that would remove necessary challenges from official gameplay.  

Keep in mind that the point isn't simply to "bring S+ to consoles".  The point is to integrate as much as possible of S+ into official gameplay.  The parts that fix problems or improve gameplay, but not the parts that serve as "cheats" to over simplify official gameplay.  Because this move affects fundamental official gameplay in a potentially very profound and unavoidable way they have to be extremely careful in choosing what comes over and how it is incorporated.

So while I wish our console brethren the best, this is something that is far more involved than simply finding a way to bring a cool mod to console.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:54 AM, Haydenrjackson said:

It is already almost in the year of 2019 and yet I have not heard of the mod s+ coming to PS4 on unofficial do you know if it will be soon and if so give me a estimate of when you think it will be coming out 

There's more than enough issues for them to raptoring fix without extra content needing to be added too. What happens if they add it and it raptors up as bad as extinction? The priority should be be to fix all the issues that have been reported for the last year or so that currently have had nothing done about them. They should only add more content when all these are finally sorted out. 

On 12/6/2018 at 4:23 PM, Haydenrjackson said:

On 12/6/2018 at 7:59 PM, Banshee5000 said:

There's more than enough issues for them to raptoring fix without extra content needing to be added too. What happens if they add it and it raptors up as bad as extinction? The priority should be be to fix all the issues that have been reported for the last year or so that currently have had nothing done about them. They should only add more content when all these are finally sorted out. 

Ok thank you for letting me know

36 minutes ago, Gorgrak said:

So it seems that some of the S+ features are working on PS4 now. About the only thing Ive been able to do with it though is grab a foundation or wall in a 30s time limit.

I haven't seen other S+ functions come into effect on PS4 yet...?still better than nothing I guess ?

That's because that's all that has been released on PC, Xbox and PS4. It's being released in phases.

PS4 does have SOME S+ aspects. Not a whole lot yet though. 

I think they're trying to figure out the big heap of issues they're having still with ATLAS as well.

They did post that the S+ would come out in stages over 2019, which I think is going to cause them bigger headaches since people just want it all out and done kind of thing. 

Why not just give the people what they want, release everything S+, then deal with the bug reports and let everyone know, "Well we did try to warn you it would likely cause issues, so now everyone can wait and chill while we sort out the bugs they caused. Remember, a lot of players asked for it, so we gave it to them with the warnings."

Just can't wait though to get some S+ going on my games!!