You Favorite Aberration Tame ?

Carcajou

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Carcajou said:

Mine is the megalosaurus 

I absolutly love the fact that he can pick people and some mount in is mouth and just obliterate them also there no sleep thing in aberration so he is always strong. 

I didn't try all the new creatures yet, but I spent about an hour crawling around on a Basilisk and that thing is definitely my favorite so far! :)

4 hours ago, Runia said:

all 4 of the little pokemon critters are quite cute. I also really wanted to like the Rock Drake but its climbing mechanics are just plain bad

Whats wrong with the climbing mechanic ? I had a play around with it yesterday and it was really good. Took me a while to get used to it and I finally worked out how to start gliding rather than just jumping of a cliff like a stone. I was very impressed. Rock drake is my favourite Aberation tame so far but thats probably because its the only one I have had a chance to muck around with.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Whats wrong with the climbing mechanic ? I had a play around with it yesterday and it was really good. Took me a while to get used to it and I finally worked out how to start gliding rather than just jumping of a cliff like a stone. I was very impressed. Rock drake is my favourite Aberation tame so far but thats probably because its the only one I have had a chance to muck around with.

i've been using a rock drake as my main mode of transportation so far and well.. maybe i'm doing things wrong but what i dislike is a) difficulty steering once you're climbing a wall, in tight spaces and on odd rock formations your tame will sometimes turn around, randomly face downwards or start going in circles without much recourse (seems like on occasion if your climbing takes you into a crevice the tame gets stuck endlessly turning, ie always going in a clockwise circle, and only interrupting climbing fixes it) b) the glide abruptly ending (while stamina is NOT yet depleted), resulting in a short trip all the way to the bottom. the controls for the gliding mechanic overall seem very counterintuitive, being used to thylacoleo you might want to press space for a boost past an obstacle and find out the hard way that you got instantly turned around, lost all your climbing progress and possibly landed into mobs/purple lava.

Karkinos.

I have a little entrapment in which I just lure over a Karkinos from the nearby water. If it's a good level, great, I start shooting it with mah cannon. If not, I just kill it pretty easy with whatever dino im riding at the time.

High carry weight, huge jumping ability. It's basically the Quetz of Aberration.

Megalosaurs are the tiny, tiny Rexes of Aberration though, and you don't even need to spend 3 hours starving it :D Just lure it into a nearby trap, KO it quickly (Real easy KO), and boom, mini, compact Rex.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:24 AM, Carcajou said:

Mine is the megalosaurus 

I absolutly love the fact that he can pick people and some mount in is mouth and just obliterate them also there no sleep thing in aberration so he is always strong. 

I didn't tamed one yet. But the wild ones appear to have no night buff. They still are useful, but would be much weaker then the regular ones. 

I love the feather light! All the little shoulder pets are super helpful with their max level detection, my little featherlight found me a 150 ankylo, ravager, and another featherlight all in an hour. 

My ravager pack is awesome, but a little stupid...it can be hard to get them all across the zip line network I have. I used one to get my first rock drake egg which happened to be 185! I do like the rock drake...but it’s got a learning curve to the glide that I still haven’t figured out fully. 

On 12/14/2017 at 1:24 AM, Carcajou said:

Mine is the megalosaurus 

Megalos are always strong in Aberration?  Hell yes.

EDIT:  Just tested.  Set time of day to midday, spawn megalo, it didn't give a poop.  That's incredible, these might be extremely legit on Aberration.

Archived