Is Aberration Worth It?

PeerlessScarred

This is a descriptive response to consider and completely honest.  I’ve played ark since Jan. 4th.  This map looks amazing.  It is a bit over the top in some aspects.  The Dino’s are “glow in the dark” due to the radiation, which I get.  The fact that you tame something and something is there pretty much immediately to eat your tame is a bit extreme. The red mushroom hallucinations need to be dialed back about 10 clicks.  It will most definitely cause a lot of seizures.  As far as resource procurement and building aspects, you are quite highly restricted.  As far as finding obilisks easily as on other maps, forget it.  This map is brutal.  Transferring a high character is ill advised.  It’s best to make a new start.  There are no fliers, and getting around easily is NOT an option.  Good luck playing the map.  I love it but hate it at the same time, as my high guy is stranded lol.  It’s worth the money otherwise.

I think it was well worth the investment. As has been said, the map is extremely beautiful and the dinos look so phenomenal. Especially at night time. I've gotten a few of the new engrams and items. They have added a new, fun element to the game. Plus with the lack of fliers, there is an added challenge to the game that has made Ark extremely fun again.

I think the map is beautiful, and the aberrant dinos look amazing, and im excited about everything it has to "offer" however, i'd say the one disappointment is that you dont get to do any cool stuff until later on when you have leveled significantly. The lowest level you have to be to ride a new dino is 47, and thats for a ravager. For scorched earth there were so many cool things to do right away! New structures to build with (adobe) new dinos to use RIGHT AWAY (morellatops lvl11) new gear (desert clothing) new items (whip) and different base set ups, like with the windmill generator...  But so far, its like playing the same game as before, as in doing the same basic thing you can do on the island center and rag servers to level up so you can experience other cool things. I mean the first aberration specific engram you learn is at lvl 10 for a glow stick "so cool" the hazard suit isn't till lvl 68, even the roll rat saddle isn't available until lvl 58. I guess its easier if you can transfer a high lvl character over and learn everything right away... but that kind of ruins the immersion for me. so despite all of that, im still really excited to get to the under "under" and find some rock drake eggs, and it lives up to its harsh reputation, i've probably died over 50 times, and that parts great! I just wish there was more "aberrant" things to do earlier in the game :\ like new way to build, newer dinos to use earlier in the game, and not make me grind like a drug dealer  so i can unlock the cool poop >.<

Archived