Are Rentable servers worth it?

That depends solely on how serious you and your friends are about ark. You can only run one map at a time unless you find or rent another server that will allow you to transfer.

Majpr upsides are that you have compete control over settings and you don't have to worry about ever being wiped or unable to build somewhere.

Downsides are that pvp will be non-existent and the one map at a time thing.

Ultimately, only you can honestly determine if your $13 is well spent or not.

2 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

That depends solely on how serious you and your friends are about ark. You can only run one map at a time unless you find or rent another server that will allow you to transfer.

Majpr upsides are that you have compete control over settings and you don't have to worry about ever being wiped or unable to build somewhere.

Downsides are that pvp will be non-existent and the one map at a time thing.

Ultimately, only you can honestly determine if your $13 is well spent or not.

Thank you, I'll definitely think on it. Probably won't be until around Christmas anyways

Yes!!  Changed my ark experience!  

I love being in control of my own world and get to play with friends without a tether.  And you get some additional customizable features through the rented server.  For example, we eliminated Ithyornis from our game.  Don’t miss them!  If you wanted to do a water based game and didn’t want to worry about Leeds destroying your boats all the time, you can eliminate them from the game.  And there are other more customizable things you can do as well.

I'm on PC not xbox but....Recently myself and a few mates after hanging in on legacy till the saves were released took our save file to unofficial and have our own cluster of maps.We rent the servers,but with a few people chipping in the cost is laughable....i spent more on a 6 pack of beer on the way home from work today then my monthly chip in is.

Honestly its the best thing we ever did in ark.We have adjusted the rates to match the evolution weekends,not the OP rates you see on many officials.This is great for us we are Aussies and the evolution always started a day late for us and ended on a tuesday when we have all been back at work for 2 days so now we can start our breeding on a friday like most others could on official events.

We wiped the maps of all other tribes and all of us have built new bases in sweet spots we could never get on official.There is no Lag,no pillars,no trolls and proper support.For example if someone lost a character we would use a back up to restore their actual character so they keep imprints etc,not do what WC do and take a week or so to get back to you and simply grant you xp to boost your level but not get you your stuff back.Lost dinos through bugs and glitches would also be returned 100% of the time.

And the best factor is NO tame limit,both server and tribe(well the server is 10k,but we aint gonna hit that between us).This means we already have set up back up batches of all our boss dinos with a big base at the obby to store them.And we can muck around with silly stuff that the tribe limit always held us back on for example im breeding purvlovias just cause i can.

Guest DJRone89

Definitely worth the money. The only downside is that all purchases are through the Microsoft store and there’s no auto renewal function. With that said, Nitrado offer server boosts so your friends for example can buy run time directly for you.

After hosting a player dedicated for over a year, I can hands down say this is the best possible option. Stability, back ups, customer support, and vast customisation.

Even Play Anywhere (Win10 hosted) won’t be as good because it’s seen as a player dedicated server, not PC dedicated.

12 hours ago, RosloCain said:

I've thought about doing it as a solo player. Everything takes me longer so I usually miss out on prime building locations, breeding (let alone imprinting) is extremely difficult due to my work schedule, etc.

I just haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I should leave my official.

The new servers do fill up fast, so don't expect a good location to be easily available. However, plenty of the old legacy servers have huge areas of room where you can set up a massive base. 

I would really like to see them update the old servers and join them with the new ones. Would make a lot of sense now there are few players on them.

The op was yakking about renting a server for them and their friends and I was staying that I was considering renting a server to play on by myself. None of the sp issues with all of the sp benefits but it's a cost/ benefit decision. 10 slots for myself, my wife, my cousin, and my two brothers because I'm sure if I pay for a server they'll all just join that.

The op was yakking about renting a server for them and their friends and I was staying that I was considering renting a server to play on by myself. None of the sp issues with all of the sp benefits but it's a cost/ benefit decision. 10 slots for myself, my wife, my cousin, and my two brothers because I'm sure if I pay for a server they'll all just join that.

talking not yakking and this was supposed to be reply yup the previous post, not it's own individual one

Archived