No need for walls

Darkraven081778

32 minutes ago, Darkraven081778 said:

After the update I got on to find wild dinos walked through my gates and walls like they wasn't there and killed some of my dinos

Sounds like there might enough open space in the area you've chosen for wild dinos to spawn inside your walls. That or they're falling from above.

Is it in the most recent patch notes? I had a dimo  get into my stable last week that I know is fully sealed. Actually it was inside my saddle room inside my stable, so it made it through 2 layers of sealed walls.

The problem has gotten a lot better overtime, but I don't know if they'll ever totally solve it. I remember a forum moderator post recently mentioning that it has something to do with walls going in and out of player range. That makes sense because it always seems like the dinos that will fly/run head first into a wall forever are the ones that get in.

Best to take some other precautions, but it's not nearly the issue it was during certain parts of EA.

I had an Argy almost kill my male dime the other day, luckily I was able to hop on the wyv and it was low level enough to take one bite. After that I installed some turrets inside finally. I know they get under my base when i fly back in and it renders (we are built on pillars but did extend walls down the side to prevent this but especially Argy's constantly get trapped in there.) I don't know how many cables I've had to replace.

I'm sure it's just a mechanic i'm not thinking of but I still don't understand how they don't render in structures and landscape before dino's since this has been an issue for a long time. If they reversed it, no more dino's stuck in floors, rocks, mountains, or wild's spawning in your secure base. 

Archived