A Basilisk should be longer?

bomhoofdalienkid

10 hours ago, GeneralTalon said:

Should the Phoenix be smaller like the one on Harry Potter?

You do realize where Harry Potter and Ark got the Basilisk and Phoenixes from right?

I know but the design is kinda wack if you ride it and look at the  at its tail it kinda looks like a big worm

5 minutes ago, skuIlman said:

hey, the megalodon should be. & the spino should be bigger than the giga :P 

Yes you are right but we are not dealing with real life species here. :D All species in Ark are made up (except from the kentro strangely enough to my knowledge which does have the same scientic name). For example the giga in game in Gigantosaurus furiosa not Gigantosaurus carolinii which is the real life species. Same genus different species. Gigantosaurus furiosa never existed, devs could make it the size of a compy and get away with it :D My favourite is the rex in game isnt even a rex.....

On 14/12/2017 at 12:14 PM, skuIlman said:

hey, the megalodon should be. & the spino should be bigger than the giga :P 

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit rude, but people need to stop using length as a measure for size (e.g. Giraffes and Reticulated Pythons are taller and longer than Elephants respectively, but the Elephant is considered much larger, as it possesses more mass, and therefore, volume). These animals are THREE-DIMENSIONAL, T. rex is both taller and wider, and possesses more volume and mass. Here's a comparison between FMNH PR 2081 and MUCPv-Ch1: http://www.skeletaldrawing.com/home/mass-estimates-north-vs-south-redux772013

Now, this is using the largest T. rex specimen compared to the Giganotosaurus holotype, but Sue is still slightly larger than MUCPv-95, and if you use other recent estimates, a fair bit larger. Still, the holotype of T. rex is potentially larger than both, as are Trix, Scotty, Samson, Peck's rex, etc.

Anyway, here's a GDI on Spinosaurus, now DeviantArt isn't exactly reliable, but there are some people who know what they're doing, and they have used similar methods to professional paleontologists and got similar results: https://franoys.deviantart.com/journal/A-mathematical-analysis-on-Spinosaurus-mass-635495737

PS: Older estimates for Spinosaurus would yield a creature larger than both, but that was before the discovery of the 2014 specimen and the subsequent paper that followed, as well as the skeletal, which claim and show it to be "over 15 metres in length," and actually 15.06 metres over the curves of the spine and 14.8 metres along the centra (what is now commonly used). 

Oh, and yes, these are different species, and genetically modified. But to be honest, they shouldn’t even be classed in the same genus. Either way, it’s a game, not a documentary (which still isn’t a reliable source of information), as long as they specifify they aren’t accurate, I’m okay, as it isn’t entirely misleading to the uninformed. And they aren’t going to change everything, obviously.

Anyway, the Basilisk doesn’t need a change, if you look at the original source material, it’s entirely up to them how they change it. They aren’t having a literal chicken snake running around...

Archived