The unneeded needed boss rex

Toqs

I don't know why people spend insane amounts of resources for 1 boss rex egg that is not needed. A 40+ stat rex in health and dmg will fair well on alpha boss runs. Every week there is a new mutation for boss rex that everyone runs to get. It' a waste. Save your resources and invest in an asc saddle and resources for it. Take it from someone who never bought a boss rex and has done every alpha fight on official new servers. If any dino is worth spending insane resources on its a 50+ stat food daedon. Much more useful than 18 rexs with 50 stat melee and health. 

Sincerely,

Toqs aka The Grinch

• Volunteer Moderator

This is how I read this topic. :cappa:

"Don't buy an iPhone 10, there will be the 11 next year and don't buy the 11 because there will be the 20 in a decade from now. And oh, don't buy an iPhone, because you don't really need it; a flip-phone can also makes calls, you know?"

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Toqs said:

I mean im not buying an 1000 dollar phone thats just as good as the previous, eh?

No, but you bought the previous one to begins with, didn't you? People that are buying rexes, probably needs them and if they want to buy the next generation available on the market they are more than free to do so. I just don't understand why you are affected that much by what others are trading that's all. xD

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

No, but you bought the previous one to begins with, didn't you? People that are buying rexes, probably needs them and if they want to buy the next generation available on the market they are more than free to do so. I just don't understand why you are affected that much by what others are trading that's all. xD

Tamed my own ?

You are a member of the rex breeder union I see

3 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Higher damage == boss down faster == less damage taken

higher hp == multiple runs in a row to farm element

Well unfortunately I can't run multiple rag fights back to back since all the spinos packed up and moved to aberattion

Also having 3-4 daeodons outside the obelisk ready to heal makes you do more boss runs 

37 minutes ago, Toqs said:

I don't know why people spend insane amounts of resources for 1 boss rex egg that is not needed. A 40+ stat rex in health and dmg will fair well on alpha boss runs. Every week there is a new mutation for boss rex that everyone runs to get. It' a waste. Save your resources and invest in an asc saddle and resources for it. Take it from someone who never bought a boss rex and has done every alpha fight on official new servers. If any dino is worth spending insane resources on its a 50+ stat food daedon. Much more useful than 18 rexs with 50 stat melee and health. 

Sincerely,

Toqs aka The Grinch

Hehe, I hear you, we only use Rexes for Monkey fights. We have been using our first bred line of Rexes from our first set of tames.

They have 11k base health and 349 base melee. They are currently sitting at 25k Health and anywhere between 500-600 Melee. We run Alpha monkey no issues with these guys.

We have repeatedly made comments like, Maybe we will fail in this battle and have an excuse to swap them out with our next line of Rexes? 12.5 K Health and 419 Melee. Has not happened yet. They just keep gaining levels, some of ours are sitting at 250K Exp now.

18 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

people arent doing a single boss fight then stop and do something else they are doing many runs one right after another. having higher hp and dmg lets u do them faster and need less time between fights for hp regen... u know farming the bosses

We run Brood, Monkey, Dragon. Different crews for each. Piggy heals others while we are doing the next boss.

The only thing stopping us from more is the number of Artifacts on hand and, you guessed it, Spino sails.

We are not using extreme bleeding edge dino's for our runs, far from it. Using our breed line from our tames, with the exception of Theri's , we bought 3 eggs for our Theri line, and those are so 4 generations ago.

Saved us a ton of resources that have been used to build our TEK base.

Who cares how people spend their resources? 

I traded 5k poly for a Rex egg with 14.3k hp and 437 melee on legacy. Got to do boss fights. Used one egg to make 40+ boss Rex's. Demolished Alpha Manticore with those Rex's. Traded those for other items I wanted. 

I traded a full grown mute red Quetzal with 2200 hatch stam and 1472 hatch weight for a Rex with 14.7k hp/449 melee. Got to do boss fights. Used one Rex to make 40 some boss Rex's. Completed Alpha Brood with those Rex's. 

I traded a full grown blue Giga with 190 hatch melee for a Rex egg with 15.7k hp/ 537 melee. While I left legacy before using them I have no doubt I had my Rex's needed to do Monkey, Dragon and ascend. probably had 30 of those Rex's in 12 or so different colors.

I traded 15k ings for my ASC Rex saddle bp with 86 armor. 

Resources are easy to come by if you find the right market and grind a little. Our Quetz line and daily morning metal runs had us with complete metal buildings and 250k ings, 10k crystal, and 45k poly when we left legacy. 

8 days to raise a Quetz verses weeks and months of running caves hoping to be lucky enough to find that Rex BP, and taming and breeding and hoping RNG favors your tames with good stat rolls and then favors your raises with good melee mutations. 

In ark resources are unlimited so who cares how someone decides to use them? There are more than enough to get everything you actually want. 

Now on new officials I decided to go the tame and raise myself route. I'm enjoying it but after conservatively 500 Rex egg hatches, and knocking out probably close to 1000 Rex's I currently sit at 10.7k hp, 2226 stam, 940 weight, and 396 melee with one stat mutation. I've been on official full time since September. I enjoy the challenge but some people just want to "beat the game" for lack of a better term and they should be free to use their resources however they want and if that takes the shape of monster boss Rex's so be it. 

I've beaten all bosses (cept AB ya smart allecks) with my own personal bloodline.  9.2k HP (9.6k after 1 mutation) and 372% melee.  They all got up to 25k HP, 600% melee after 50 or so levels.  As for saddles, 41 armor apprentice BP that runs as high as 50 armor with my crafter.  Nerfed the bosses much since Legacy, Wildcard has.

Resources can be replaced.
The element must flow.
Totally agree.

Higher damage is also nice, expesually for us on SE when Manticore decided it doesn't feel like landing often. Also the faster we kill it the more time I have left in the night to farm even more resources for other things. Sense most of this fight is waiting, also not spending resources replacing saddles is nice too.

Archived