Metal Spawns?

Revan25

I have looked around for a metal spawn so I can try to set up a base nearby, but unable to find any. Anyone know the location of a metal spawn?

Side question: The map seems pretty small to me, I know you can go to the surface but there's not much there. Yet, I'm inclined to think that we can go much further down, does anyone know how far we can go down from the spawn zones?

2 hours ago, Revan25 said:

I have looked around for a metal spawn so I can try to set up a base nearby, but unable to find any. Anyone know the location of a metal spawn?

Side question: The map seems pretty small to me, I know you can go to the surface but there's not much there. Yet, I'm inclined to think that we can go much further down, does anyone know how far we can go down from the spawn zones?

Metal seems to be pretty rare... but i still got no real overview of the map. 
Deepest Point I got down to was Rock Drake Trench... but it seems, that there are still layers deeper down.

I've been playing for the past couple of days, and I have to say it's a great map and very challenging.  I decided to spawn at edge 4 because I like a good challenge, and found a good spot to at least setup shop for a bit.  My only issue is finding metal.  I've been doing it the slow way just hitting every rock in sight in order to make basic tools but of course this isn't great and is very slow.

Where are the best places to find metal spawns?  In other maps you just fly around until you see some but of course no flying in Aberration...

46 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I've been playing for the past couple of days, and I have to say it's a great map and very challenging.  I decided to spawn at edge 4 because I like a good challenge, and found a good spot to at least setup shop for a bit.  My only issue is finding metal.  I've been doing it the slow way just hitting every rock in sight in order to make basic tools but of course this isn't great and is very slow.

Where are the best places to find metal spawns?  In other maps you just fly around until you see some but of course no flying in Aberration...

metal is found in the big blue area called the overlook. all the metal nodes has a new look tho. they are all blue and glowy

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Flakz said:

metal is found in the big blue area called the overlook. all the metal nodes has a new look tho. they are all blue and glowy

Just to be clear though. There are many regular old looking metal spawns all over the map as well. I've been farming plenty in the green starter zone.

34 minutes ago, Umber0010 said:

Portal or Fertile lake? Because I have seen 0 in the fertile lake

I found one to the east of Fertile Lake. I didn't get the coordinates though. 

There is a resource map, but the metal I found in the game isn't on the resource map. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Resource_Map_(Aberration)

Archived