Kibble Farm design

Kayvoss

I play on xbox and I have my own dedicated server from another xbox that my brother and I play on. I am beginning to look for lvl 130+ dinos and would like to use kibble to tame them. How should I make the kibble farm? I've seen many different designs, but I don't know which ones are the best. If you have one could you please post videos or pictures of it please? thx :) 

• 1 month later...

Hi Kayvoss,

We have a pretty decent kibble farm going.  We experimented with several layouts, and we ended up sticking with something simple.  Basically, we just have the dinos on ramps in rows.  I think the more important aspect is location.  Initially, we had a separate barn with the egg dinos, but wouldn't get eggs.  We moved them to a high traffic area for the tribe ... and now have tons of eggs.  I don't understand the egg timer exactly, but I did notice that they need to be rendered a bit in order to get eggs.  Also, mate boosting helps.  I didn't notice that much difference with an oviraptor.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a word of warning about constantly going in and out of render range. I believe Nooblets did a video explaining the mechanics of if, but there is about 15-20% change of the egg dropping and going through the floor or going inside a foundation block below the ramp. The egg will be there and you wont notice it or can't see it inside a foundation block. and will remain there until it spoils. It happens more often if you are flying in a slower flier than say a wyvern. It is something like the "lazy Chunks" from minecraft. The game sees a dino there, sees the ground and with a player not inside render range of any structure so it technically does not see a structure element there but still can have an egg drop and it will drop it to the ground and not the structure. But then will create the structure ontop of the egg. kinda how if you leave your breeding rexs on wander and no one is near them they can sometimes escape their pens and move off.

Not a big deal still only 15-20% chance of missing the egg. Also happens more often with smaller dinos like dimorphs and such. So this might be an issue if you have slower egg drops, they might be there just inside or under something.

And also you can have every type of egg dropped but only up to 5 of each type. Good routine is if you are farming eggs go check every 5-10 minutes. And be sure to use three oviraptors grouped up to stack up to get the full 100%bonus to rates

Archived