Question about dino dmg and dummies

MTek9

Due to this horrible update, a 250 melee hatch giga with 100% imprint lost in a 1v1 fight against a 1000% melee rex. The rex enraged the giga in about 8 bites. This brought up discussion in my alliance chat and when I showed people the dps my bears were doing on a dummy they questioned it because it was 13.1 k dps

At 13.1 k dps he I was hitting the dummy for 11.x k dmg per paw swipe. If this were true, wouldn't I be one shotting pretty much every wild dino with less than 10k hp? While most weeks do die in 1 to 2 attacks, I do not kill a 10k diplo in one swipe. 

What's going on here?

• Volunteer Moderator

Keep in mind that the DPS reflected on the Dummy is based on the damage done to Thatch Structures. This gives you an idea, but is not accurate of the damage it will deals to other creatures, etc. because everything has different resistance multipliers applied.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Keep in mind that the DPS reflected on the Dummy is based on the damage done to Thatch Structures. This gives you an idea, but is not accurate of the damage it will deals to other creatures, etc. because everything has different resistance multipliers applied.

So is there a complete break down of this cause it always bothered me some too? What is the resistance of a dino compared to thatch? resistance of wood? or is this a kept secret of the devs? Be kind of cool if they could implement training dummy's that more closely resemble what kind of damage you do to wood or flesh or bosses. Like when scientist use pigs to determine how something affects human skin. 

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Where can I find information on resistance multipliers.

Archived